Smyrna, GA

Russell Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2014
Russell Elem is a great school! Mr. Peter Manson is an excellent leader as the principal who listens to teachers and parents while keeping the students best interest a priority.

Posted October 22, 2014
Love Russell Elementary. My son has been in this school for 4 years now and has only gotten the best education and help he needs. The teachers are amazing as well as the principle. If there is ever an issue it is addressed immediately. I love all the programs they have for the kids and parents.

Posted October 21, 2014
We were skeptical when we started looking at schools 4 years ago. We toured Russell and were blown away with the options at this school. They have so many opportunities for children to get involved in programs that help them "think outside of the box". Their space program is amazing. This is not offered anywhere else! The administrative staff is always helpful. The PTA is wonderful and provide numerous ways to get involved in the school and the media center is nothing short of amazing. I HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone. I would pay no attention to the rating on this site. It is a fantastic school.

Russell Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2014
The principal is awesome. The PTA is friendly and supportive. The teachers we've worked with are phenomenal. My daughter is a 1st grader and attended Kindergarten here. She loves to go to school and jumps out of bed almost every morning.

Posted May 09, 2014
Russell is a great community school. The staff is full of Masters degreed, hard working, amazing teachers! The administration is top notch and is constantly working to make sure each level of student is challenged. Don't be swayed by test scores and numbers. Bring your child to tour this school. You won't be disappointed!

Posted September 20, 2013
I absolutely love this school. This is my children's 2nd year here. They previously went to a couple of elementary schools in Coweta County. They focus on actually teaching the students, all their teachers have been very caring! There are many different after school programs for them to participate in and the principle does an exemplary job of trying to get the parents and community more involved.

Posted March 16, 2013
My husband and I ,were disappointed with quality of education and we will pull out of that school our 8 year old son, I have spoke to miss Watson about concerns about the teacher's attitude and the bullying of the students, nothing has been done.

Posted March 11, 2013
The principal and assistant principal are doing a great job at Russell. Thought it is a Title I school, that is never used as an excuse for expecting the best from students. Our children have been here for several years and will be headed to middle school. They are using technology in the school and are now using ipads in some of the classrooms.

Posted December 17, 2012
The teachers yell at these kids and tell them they don't get paid enough to teach. The school only offers crct prep. There are no projects, fun learning motivation and no field trips. The students here are very disadvantaged and as a result are treated poorly by the staff.

Posted December 03, 2012
My son was stabbed in the eye w/ a plastic fork by another student at lunch w/ such force it bent the prong onnthe fork. The other students at the table saw my son fall to the floor and the bent fork and they started calling him superman because he survived w/ his eye still in it's socket. My son told the lunchroom monitor (there are only 2 who don't monitor but sweep up after the lunch tables are dismissed) and the monitor told him to go sit down and did mot get him medical attention. My son told his teacher when she came to collect the class after lunch to go to the playground and she told him to go play. When I picked him up at 2:20 (he was a car rider because a 5th grader was bullying him on the bus) he told me his eye hurt and what happened. I took him directly to Cobb Eye and he had a severe laceration which needed antibiotics and monitored in the office 2 days. I called the police to the school and tried to file charges against the school for denying my child medical attention and not notifying me but the police could not file a charge against the school only the 6 yr that had stabbed him. I did not file a charge. I hate this school! Smyrna is a poor area and we're moving.

Russell Elementary School
3920 S Hurt Rd SW, Smyrna, GA  30082
Last modified Russell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Russell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top