Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 01, 2016
I have had two children attend Russell. My oldest child is now in High School and has done exceptionally well academically since leaving Russell. I feel the teachers were wonderful in preparing my child for Middle and High School. I have to give so much credit to Mrs. Purdy who was her 5th grade teacher. She was able to challenge, push, and encourage my child to feel confident in her ability to succeed. My youngest has also attended Russell since Kindergarten and is now a 3rd grader. She has had a great experience throughout her time at Russell. Her teachers have been awesome! Not only has she been challenged academically, but her self-esteem and confidence has grown tremendously. I credit this to the teachers recognizing her strengths and showing genuine attention, care and concern. I would highly recommend Russell to parents looking for a great place for their child to learn.

Posted April 24, 2015
I am extremely impressed & excited about my son attending this school. I was uneasy about it due to the ratings not being that great, but as I have learned working in property management that people usually only write reviews when they are upset. My son attended Nickajack elementary & I was extremely disappointed with the education he was getting. I understood that all schools have a curriculum that they have to stand by but, I was also told if my son was not being challenged enough he would get other work. That never happened. My son was becoming withdrawn. He began at Russell in Feb. & there was a big difference. He loves his teacher Ms. Miller & the communication we have is great. Ms. Miller is fantastic & truly loves her job. His other fav class is computer class. The principle & staff are doing a great job. Heck, even my car rider pick up experience is better. Being a first time mom of a Kindergartener & experiencing 2 different schools in the same year. My son has gone from withdrawn & introvert, to running my car with a big smile, ready to tell me about his day, whether he was crowned role model for the day or learned something new and I feel like that s a win in my book.

Posted March 03, 2015
We currently have a daughter in kindergarten and are really impressed with her classroom lesson plans and her ability to share her learnings with us at home. The principal, Mr. Manson, and all the teachers are highly engaged and responsive to all students. Russell offers numerous after school clubs that support collaboration, diversity and mostly fun. In addition, the PTA is really creative and organized. Bottom-line, our daughter absolutely loves Russell!

Posted January 30, 2015
Both of our children attended Russell and are doing well in middle school. Russell did a great job preparing them. They had field trips and various activities at night to keep students and families engaged. Mr. Manson is working hard to engage the community. They have a space program which has brought NASA to the school.

Russell Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2014
Russell Elem is a great school! Mr. Peter Manson is an excellent leader as the principal who listens to teachers and parents while keeping the students best interest a priority.

Posted October 22, 2014
Love Russell Elementary. My son has been in this school for 4 years now and has only gotten the best education and help he needs. The teachers are amazing as well as the principle. If there is ever an issue it is addressed immediately. I love all the programs they have for the kids and parents.

Posted October 21, 2014
We were skeptical when we started looking at schools 4 years ago. We toured Russell and were blown away with the options at this school. They have so many opportunities for children to get involved in programs that help them "think outside of the box". Their space program is amazing. This is not offered anywhere else! The administrative staff is always helpful. The PTA is wonderful and provide numerous ways to get involved in the school and the media center is nothing short of amazing. I HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone. I would pay no attention to the rating on this site. It is a fantastic school.

Russell Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2014
The principal is awesome. The PTA is friendly and supportive. The teachers we've worked with are phenomenal. My daughter is a 1st grader and attended Kindergarten here. She loves to go to school and jumps out of bed almost every morning.

Posted May 09, 2014
Russell is a great community school. The staff is full of Masters degreed, hard working, amazing teachers! The administration is top notch and is constantly working to make sure each level of student is challenged. Don't be swayed by test scores and numbers. Bring your child to tour this school. You won't be disappointed!

Posted September 20, 2013
I absolutely love this school. This is my children's 2nd year here. They previously went to a couple of elementary schools in Coweta County. They focus on actually teaching the students, all their teachers have been very caring! There are many different after school programs for them to participate in and the principle does an exemplary job of trying to get the parents and community more involved.

Russell Elementary School
3920 South Hurt Rd Sw, Smyrna, GA  30082
Last modified Russell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.