Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I was apprehensive and worried at best when my daughter started 6th grade two years ago and now I can honestly say I am happy we decided to keep her at her home school. She is and has been in all AC classes and definitely has stayed challenged while being rewarded when doing well and disciplined when she isn't "following the rules". I love all of the teachers she has had, especially for their communication and commitment in helping keep my daughter grounded and on track. Hopefully we have another great experience at CHS next year!

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Not as much as they should, this is one area where I feel many schools fail at.

Develops character: Neutral

I do agree, but the parents as much as the school need to help their children with integrity, respect, compassion and common sense. However, I see as many parents as their children shifting the blame as to why this or why that without taking personal responsibility. Our children learn by example.

Amount of homework: Neutral

I do feel some teachers are a bit more clear on what is needed and others need to communicate better in black and white terms on what is expected.

I went in positive and leaving hopeless. My son was not challenged academically and never awarded for doing well (all A's) but was ALWAYS reprimanded for doing something wrong. The administration staff wants you to support them, but they don't support the parents who care. Their response to everything is "the rules are the rules!" The school is being ran like a prison, they operate using the 3 strike program! They feel as if giving the children office referrals for everything is going to solve something when it's not. I was told by the principle that's it's a dichotomy to see a child who has all A's and B's with not so good behavior because he doesn't see this often. If you are a school administrator I would assume you would see this all of the time and the first thing to come to mind should be that the child is bored. Since he doesn't see this often, he railroads those children. I will not be sending my other children there, it's not getting better.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No.... the teachers don't do anything but Bully just as much as the kids. The teachers allow bad language and bullying to go on and do nothing.

My daughter is an 8th grader at CMS and is off to a great start for the school year. She enjoys her classes and Ms. Dubick's science class keeps her challenged!!

Not sure what school the parents giving 4 stars and above are reviewing but it certainly can not be Campbell Middle School. They are very unorganized and they have horrible communication skills. Apparently there was a death threat made on several students and the parents were only notified via email after the school believed that the incident had been handled. Unacceptable. Also my child has had 3 different French teachers this school year alone and they just got a 4th and the school has yet to inform the parents of this incident. My son comes home disgusted by this school everyday and i cannot want to enroll him somewhere else. My son has never been in any trouble..ever and had an altercation with another student because the student spit on him and he asked the student 3 times to please stop. I asked him where were the teachers and he replied he didn't know. Unacceptable. I can't wait for this school year to be over.

Thank God for a new Principal He is awesome and so are the staff, it will be our last year since our daughter is in 8th grade!

I'm a parent who's kids are zoned for CMS and we are excited about the where our schools are going. Parents are more and more excited about Campbell and Griffin Middle School!

Last modified Campbell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8