Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I went in positive and leaving hopeless. My son was not challenged academically and never awarded for doing well (all A's) but was ALWAYS reprimanded for doing something wrong. The administration staff wants you to support them, but they don't support the parents who care. Their response to everything is "the rules are the rules!" The school is being ran like a prison, they operate using the 3 strike program! They feel as if giving the children office referrals for everything is going to solve something when it's not. I was told by the principle that's it's a dichotomy to see a child who has all A's and B's with not so good behavior because he doesn't see this often. If you are a school administrator I would assume you would see this all of the time and the first thing to come to mind should be that the child is bored. Since he doesn't see this often, he railroads those children. I will not be sending my other children there, it's not getting better.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No.... the teachers don't do anything but Bully just as much as the kids. The teachers allow bad language and bullying to go on and do nothing.

My daughter is an 8th grader at CMS and is off to a great start for the school year. She enjoys her classes and Ms. Dubick's science class keeps her challenged!!

Not sure what school the parents giving 4 stars and above are reviewing but it certainly can not be Campbell Middle School. They are very unorganized and they have horrible communication skills. Apparently there was a death threat made on several students and the parents were only notified via email after the school believed that the incident had been handled. Unacceptable. Also my child has had 3 different French teachers this school year alone and they just got a 4th and the school has yet to inform the parents of this incident. My son comes home disgusted by this school everyday and i cannot want to enroll him somewhere else. My son has never been in any trouble..ever and had an altercation with another student because the student spit on him and he asked the student 3 times to please stop. I asked him where were the teachers and he replied he didn't know. Unacceptable. I can't wait for this school year to be over.

Thank God for a new Principal He is awesome and so are the staff, it will be our last year since our daughter is in 8th grade!

I'm a parent who's kids are zoned for CMS and we are excited about the where our schools are going. Parents are more and more excited about Campbell and Griffin Middle School!

I'm the parent of a 7th grader at Campbell Middle, this is our second year. We had a great experience during 6th grade year but this year has been off to a rough start. I learned that cobb county did some re-zoning which left Campbell Middle over crowded and under staffed. My kid has been in three French classes since the beginning of school in August. I was not notified at all until I saw a 50 average on the synergy grading system. He didn't earn that grade he was given that low average because the teachers were not transferring his grades as he went from class to class. At any rate I was able to track down a few teachers and one awesome administrator who helped us correct this issue. Also the front office secretary is not helpful or inviting. However the guidance and attendance office is great! So in conclusion Campbell middle is great if your child doesn't get mixed up in any over crowded classes or you as a parent never have to go in the front office.

I am the parent of an 8th grader who has had a great experience at Campbell Middle School. During our recent Open House, a former student talked about his preparedness for Campbell High School's IB program. The French dept will gain two teachers and has won a $35,000 grant for classroom technology. Physical Science for high school credit is a new 8th grade offering. The teacher advocates for excellence, a practice found in all classes. CMS offers high school credit for Algebra/Geometry A. This teacher uses an interactive approach for in-depth instruction. Instruction is rigorous and involves various work products that are engaging, challenging, & fun for teaching critical skills for success in high school. The IB approach includes writing across all disciplines and collaborative group-work assignments/projects. Teachers understand nurturing the incoming 6th grader to develop a more independent and expressive 8th grader prepared for high school & any CCSD Magnet Program. The PTSA board is trained and advocates for students and parent engagement. In 2014, CMS established a foundation as a parent commitment to continued growth & support for the dedicated staff to educate students.

CMS had the 2014 Cobb County Teacher of the year- Ms. Rhonda Lokey and 2014 Middle School Science Teach of the year- Mr. Andrew Kutscher

My daughter is in advanced content courses in 7th grade and loves it. We love the diversity of the student population. The principal and the administrators are great. My daughters science teacher was selected as teacher of the year for the state of Georgia. The 7th grade class had a 3-day science field trip to Jekyll Island. Whenever I've had an issue it was immediately addressed by the principal. Kids who get all A's and B's in a marking period qualify for a special field trip. There are a wide variety of clubs at the school for the students to choose from. They also offer free Saturday tutoring for students who want to improve their performance in any subject area. The facility is spacious and well-maintained. All classrooms have smart boards and the kids are given iPads. A new music wing was built last year. CMS offers free CRCT tutoring for those who need it. Lunch period is pretty short and they don't get PE unless they select it, but they do have a basketball team and a step team. CMS is a GREAT school!

Last modified Campbell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8