Smyrna, GA
Students enrolled: 1,485

Posted April 26, 2015
Not sure what school the parents giving 4 stars and above are reviewing but it certainly can not be Campbell Middle School. They are very unorganized and they have horrible communication skills. Apparently there was a death threat made on several students and the parents were only notified via email after the school believed that the incident had been handled. Unacceptable. Also my child has had 3 different French teachers this school year alone and they just got a 4th and the school has yet to inform the parents of this incident. My son comes home disgusted by this school everyday and i cannot want to enroll him somewhere else. My son has never been in any trouble..ever and had an altercation with another student because the student spit on him and he asked the student 3 times to please stop. I asked him where were the teachers and he replied he didn't know. Unacceptable. I can't wait for this school year to be over.

Posted March 12, 2015
I am so excited about the new principal and administrators!! They all seem very excited and eager about all the good things happening at Campbell Middle. Keep the momentum going!!

Posted January 06, 2015
Thank God for a new Principal He is awesome and so are the staff, it will be our last year since our daughter is in 8th grade!

Campbell Middle School 4

Posted January 04, 2015
I'm a parent who's kids are zoned for CMS and we are excited about the where our schools are going. Parents are more and more excited about Campbell and Griffin Middle School!

Campbell Middle School 3

Posted November 03, 2014
I'm the parent of a 7th grader at Campbell Middle, this is our second year. We had a great experience during 6th grade year but this year has been off to a rough start. I learned that cobb county did some re-zoning which left Campbell Middle over crowded and under staffed. My kid has been in three French classes since the beginning of school in August. I was not notified at all until I saw a 50 average on the synergy grading system. He didn't earn that grade he was given that low average because the teachers were not transferring his grades as he went from class to class. At any rate I was able to track down a few teachers and one awesome administrator who helped us correct this issue. Also the front office secretary is not helpful or inviting. However the guidance and attendance office is great! So in conclusion Campbell middle is great if your child doesn't get mixed up in any over crowded classes or you as a parent never have to go in the front office.

Posted August 22, 2014
I am the parent of an 8th grader who has had a great experience at Campbell Middle School. During our recent Open House, a former student talked about his preparedness for Campbell High School's IB program. The French dept will gain two teachers and has won a $35,000 grant for classroom technology. Physical Science for high school credit is a new 8th grade offering. The teacher advocates for excellence, a practice found in all classes. CMS offers high school credit for Algebra/Geometry A. This teacher uses an interactive approach for in-depth instruction. Instruction is rigorous and involves various work products that are engaging, challenging, & fun for teaching critical skills for success in high school. The IB approach includes writing across all disciplines and collaborative group-work assignments/projects. Teachers understand nurturing the incoming 6th grader to develop a more independent and expressive 8th grader prepared for high school & any CCSD Magnet Program. The PTSA board is trained and advocates for students and parent engagement. In 2014, CMS established a foundation as a parent commitment to continued growth & support for the dedicated staff to educate students.

Campbell Middle School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
CMS had the 2014 Cobb County Teacher of the year- Ms. Rhonda Lokey and 2014 Middle School Science Teach of the year- Mr. Andrew Kutscher

Posted March 30, 2014
My daughter is in advanced content courses in 7th grade and loves it. We love the diversity of the student population. The principal and the administrators are great. My daughters science teacher was selected as teacher of the year for the state of Georgia. The 7th grade class had a 3-day science field trip to Jekyll Island. Whenever I've had an issue it was immediately addressed by the principal. Kids who get all A's and B's in a marking period qualify for a special field trip. There are a wide variety of clubs at the school for the students to choose from. They also offer free Saturday tutoring for students who want to improve their performance in any subject area. The facility is spacious and well-maintained. All classrooms have smart boards and the kids are given iPads. A new music wing was built last year. CMS offers free CRCT tutoring for those who need it. Lunch period is pretty short and they don't get PE unless they select it, but they do have a basketball team and a step team. CMS is a GREAT school!

Posted March 14, 2014
This is my sons first year at cms as a 6th grader and I have to say this is the worst school ever. I will be withdrawing him as soon as the year is over. I have nothing at all good to say about this school from the academics, to the teachers, principal and the students. Its normal for a student to curse at a teacher or a fight to happen amongst other things....Cannot wait to leave this school!!

Posted March 11, 2014
Well, I am currently a student (7th grade) at Campbell Middle School. I've been in private school all my life so this is a really big change for me. The reason i'm giving this school such a bad review is because the word "Unsatisfactory" is one of the many words to describe this school. In 7th grade we are currently learning adverbs and gerunds. (to be honest i learned this in 2nd grade) This school not only bases everything around the CRCT, but we have no fun at this school. They tell us to sit down, be quiet, and do the packet. In every class. They say that students get to express their personalities, but we don't. We really don't. I DO NOT recommend sending your child to this school. They don't care about the children, they care about the money. But the principal s nice. ( That's like the only person the administrators are brutally mean ) And maybe i'm not used to mean people. After all, private school and public school are not similar at all. But I strongly feel that this school is not how they say they are. We take tests almost every day. The teachers don't care about us. They just give out referrals like candy. I think that is just a disgrace to society.

Campbell Middle School