Posted August 22, 2014
I am the parent of an 8th grader who has had a great experience at Campbell Middle School. During our recent Open House, a former student talked about his preparedness for Campbell High School's IB program. The French dept will gain two teachers and has won a $35,000 grant for classroom technology. Physical Science for high school credit is a new 8th grade offering. The teacher advocates for excellence, a practice found in all classes. CMS offers high school credit for Algebra/Geometry A. This teacher uses an interactive approach for in-depth instruction. Instruction is rigorous and involves various work products that are engaging, challenging, & fun for teaching critical skills for success in high school. The IB approach includes writing across all disciplines and collaborative group-work assignments/projects. Teachers understand nurturing the incoming 6th grader to develop a more independent and expressive 8th grader prepared for high school & any CCSD Magnet Program. The PTSA board is trained and advocates for students and parent engagement. In 2014, CMS established a foundation as a parent commitment to continued growth & support for the dedicated staff to educate students.

Posted August 11, 2014
My daughter had a great 6th grade year (2013/14 school year) at Campbell Middle. She truly enjoyed Ms. Loxey, 2014 Cobb County Teacher of the year

Posted August 11, 2014
CMS had the 2014 Cobb County Teacher of the year- Ms. Rhonda Lokey and 2014 Middle School Science Teach of the year- Mr. Andrew Kutscher

Posted March 30, 2014
My daughter is in advanced content courses in 7th grade and loves it. We love the diversity of the student population. The principal and the administrators are great. My daughters science teacher was selected as teacher of the year for the state of Georgia. The 7th grade class had a 3-day science field trip to Jekyll Island. Whenever I've had an issue it was immediately addressed by the principal. Kids who get all A's and B's in a marking period qualify for a special field trip. There are a wide variety of clubs at the school for the students to choose from. They also offer free Saturday tutoring for students who want to improve their performance in any subject area. The facility is spacious and well-maintained. All classrooms have smart boards and the kids are given iPads. A new music wing was built last year. CMS offers free CRCT tutoring for those who need it. Lunch period is pretty short and they don't get PE unless they select it, but they do have a basketball team and a step team. CMS is a GREAT school!

Posted March 14, 2014
This is my sons first year at cms as a 6th grader and I have to say this is the worst school ever. I will be withdrawing him as soon as the year is over. I have nothing at all good to say about this school from the academics, to the teachers, principal and the students. Its normal for a student to curse at a teacher or a fight to happen amongst other things....Cannot wait to leave this school!!

Posted March 11, 2014
Well, I am currently a student (7th grade) at Campbell Middle School. I've been in private school all my life so this is a really big change for me. The reason i'm giving this school such a bad review is because the word "Unsatisfactory" is one of the many words to describe this school. In 7th grade we are currently learning adverbs and gerunds. (to be honest i learned this in 2nd grade) This school not only bases everything around the CRCT, but we have no fun at this school. They tell us to sit down, be quiet, and do the packet. In every class. They say that students get to express their personalities, but we don't. We really don't. I DO NOT recommend sending your child to this school. They don't care about the children, they care about the money. But the principal s nice. ( That's like the only person the administrators are brutally mean ) And maybe i'm not used to mean people. After all, private school and public school are not similar at all. But I strongly feel that this school is not how they say they are. We take tests almost every day. The teachers don't care about us. They just give out referrals like candy. I think that is just a disgrace to society.

Posted January 18, 2014
My son goes to this school for 2 years now (he is currently 7th grade). I am sure the school overall, facilities, some of the teachers and a few of the staff are good. The 2 women in the front office are HORRID. they are rude and very unapproachable. That also goes for the one of the administrative assistants. She walks around the school with her nose up and treats everyone like she is better than everyone else. I have encountered a few good teachers, and some really bad ones. Some of them treat the students that are not perfect like they are wasting their time. I will be withdrawling my son at the end of this year to take to a school not in my district. Campbell MS 2 thumbs down!

Posted December 31, 2013
I am a parent of an 8th grader at this school. I believe there are a few shining stars in this environment, but as a parent of a high-achieving straight A gifted student, I am treated like I am not welcome every single time I step through the doors. They have their issues with over crowding, and the academics are getting better since the "No Child Left Behind" is no longer in play, but for the most part, I can not wait until my child can get out of this school. Principal is unresponsive, and the contacts I have on the board of education are also unresponsive to the problems that go on there. They are terrible about letting parents know what is happening. The PTA is almost non-existent, and they say they want parents to be involved, but we are not welcome there. It is "against policy" for parents to even get past the front doors.

Posted December 30, 2013
As a student, I see that parents can be quick to blame the school for their child's failures. The teachers here are so much fun, yet we learn. From the IB curriculem to taking high school math, there is no shortage of challenges at CMS. (whether that's good or bad is up to you :) We just got a whole new building for the music department, and it's amazing. The music concerts (of which the band one I play in) are always worth the time. We have Jazz Band, Fiddle team, and Symphonic band and Orchastra just to name a fraction the clubs here. The only downside would be the "Standerd Dress Attire" or the uniform. While I see the reason for this and we do have limited choice, I still don't see it as a smart move on the part of the principal. Cafeteria food can go from delicious to discusting in a day, so always have a lunchbox handy. My only other critice is that Ms. Johnson (principal) is not very in touch with the students. But hey, the teachers are in touch with the students, and that's all that really matters.:-) Overall, not a bad school. I'm glad to be spending my 8th Grade year there despite the downsides.

Posted November 12, 2013
I am extremely pleased with this school. They are awesome about keeping parents in the loop and the curriculum is outstanding, in my opinion. The are following the Common Core Standards and have a dress code, both of which contribute to a great learning environment.

Campbell Middle School
3295 Atlanta Rd SE, Smyrna, GA  30080
Last modified Campbell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campbell Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews.