Smyrna, GA
Students enrolled: 1,100

Posted July 16, 2015
My son has been attending Nickajack since pre-k, he is now getting ready for 1st grade. He is in the special needs class, he has a diagnosis of autism. We are pleased with his progress thus far. His teacher, Ms. Long and Ms. English are loving, and caring. All of the special needs para-professionals are patient and loving. My child enjoys going to school, and loves his teachers. The Special Education department for Cobb County schools are always prompt and repsonsive regarding any questions or concerning we have had regarding his care. The specialist are great as well. They are always communicating regarding extra steps we can take to increase his progress. I am grateful we are apart of the Nickajack Elementary family.

Nickajack Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2015
This was my son's 3rd year in this school. His kindergarten & 1st grade teachers were ok but his 2nd grade teacher ! I va question . She gave the students the same homework as the 1st grade. The reason I know Cauz I always look at my son's homework . This past year my son was telling me how many times they had the sub teachers! I didn't see much improvement . My son was always advance in the class. Once he lost his homework but his teacher said it was ok and he still can go to the 3rd grade... Really??? After that he lost the importance of the homework . I am trying to move him to different school.

Nickajack Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2015
The office staff very rude. My son first grade teacher doesn't follow up with my email most of the time. Homework is given every week more homework and more classwork. I think its better that they balance it out every now and then. Hes not happy and doesn't want to go back to this school. Would it be better to make it fun and exciting for kids? Teacher now expect parents teach full time at home with there hw that is. If you asked me i dont have problems but tried to balance it out every wk but instead my 1st grade son have about 10-12 page that needs to be done by Friday some of the question are vague. I may complain about it but i make sure my son gets it done. The question is what does the teacher do with it?

Nickajack Elementary School 4

Posted March 12, 2015
My daughter is having a great 4th grade year at NES. I'm happy that she's becoming more of an independent learner.

Posted March 03, 2015
We absolutely appreciate the Nickajack staff for continuously staying in contact with us and working with our son. The school has a great spirit for the children it educates. Couldn't be happier to have my son attend Nickajack.

Posted February 03, 2015
I have a son in kinderga and he was in a private school since he was an infant, the transition to Nickajack has been seamless. He did well in his private school and is doing well now in Nickajack, teachers have been incredible, some of the after school programs have been great for my son. Love this school and my wife and I are happy and proud to have my 5 yr old son enrolled here.

Posted January 05, 2015
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Nickajack and we have been very happy with her teachers, administration, and bus driver. My daughter loves school and is always ready to go. Thank you Nickajack for a wonderful experience.

Posted January 04, 2015
My kids will be here soon and we can't wait. We've conversed with tons of parents and teachers and Nickajack is doing some great things!! That same energy is pushing into the feeder middle schools too! It's an exciting time to be in Smyrna! Please please please join the "Wave of Excellence" Facebook page to talk with over 700 Smyrna public school parents.

Posted November 15, 2014
We moved from out of state and Nickajack Elementary school was assigned to us for our son, based on our home address. This has been such a challenging summer with our move, we were concerned about the school because our son had a need for speech therapy. We were also concerned about his adjustment on every aspect. We made an appointment to meet up with the staff working at Nickajack. We were very pleased with our transition. Together as a team, they helped our son feel comfortable as they met his individual needs. His kindergarten teachers are to be commanded for the smooth transition and great progress we have seen in our son, both academically and socially. We compliment the principal and the staff there at Nickajack for their professional, caring and friendly approach in meeting the needs of our children. They are truly committed to giving our children the best education.

Posted October 15, 2014
My son just entered Kindergarten this year after going to private pre-k. so far we had excellent expereience with Teacher, office staff, Principal. They make the kids very disciplined. My kids have learnt a lot made good friends in last 2 months. And he loves to go school. They have regular parent - teacher meeting. And its good to get involved. school has mix crowd of all ethnicity and different culture. Only thing is they should try to do more for After school program to keep them entertained or learning activity. And try to do good kids ratio with After school teacher. Overall will give 4.5 stars.

Nickajack Elementary School
4555 Mavell Rd SE, Smyrna, GA  30082
Last modified Nickajack Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nickajack Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 88 reviews. Top