Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Nickajack Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2016
My child attended this school for a couple of years and it was a nightmare. They ONLY focused on the behavior and as a result my child academics suffered. The homework provided by my child teachers was to advance with little instructions and or examples. The teachers my child had were NEGATIVE except 2. What teacher that has taught a child for a full year walk past a child and doesn't speak to them. This happened daily. Grow up!! This is a child for crying out loud. My child was labeled for bad behavior and anything my child did was grounds for a write up. My child lost all confidence and now has a therapist because my child was told they had anger issues, was bad, etc. I have moved my child to a different school. Already seeing positive results. Run from Nickajack, that school is over rated in my opinion.

Posted January 08, 2016
Our oldest just started at Nickajack this year and we have been more than pleased with the school. The staff is fantastic and there is a great group of motivated/involved parents that work hard to make the school a great environment for our kids to learn and grow.

Posted November 06, 2015
We left a private school to attend Nickajack and it was the best decision we could of made. My daughter loves this school and she is thriving here. I am very impressed with the teachers and the organization and communication that happens at Nickajack. This is something that was seriously lacking at our old school. We have daily communication folders to keep us updated and teachers are available via email or phone to answer any questions you may have. My daughter was a little ahead of some of her classmates and instead of her just doing the schoolwork that was given and possibly being bored, she is given more challenging work and homework. We never considered this school as an option when we moved here because so many local people portrayed a very negative image of the school. They could not be more wrong and I doubt half of them have set foot in the school to take a tour. This is a wonderful school with a lot to offer. My daughter has specials every day which include Art, Music, Science, Computers and PE. Parents are not only allowed but are encouraged to be involved with the school. I volunteer on a regular basis and it is great to see the school and students in action. If you are considering this school I would encourage you to take a tour, talk to parents and join the Facebook group of parents called Wave of Excellence. They can offer so much information and facts about their experiences!

Posted July 16, 2015
My son has been attending Nickajack since pre-k, he is now getting ready for 1st grade. He is in the special needs class, he has a diagnosis of autism. We are pleased with his progress thus far. His teacher, Ms. Long and Ms. English are loving, and caring. All of the special needs para-professionals are patient and loving. My child enjoys going to school, and loves his teachers. The Special Education department for Cobb County schools are always prompt and repsonsive regarding any questions or concerning we have had regarding his care. The specialist are great as well. They are always communicating regarding extra steps we can take to increase his progress. I am grateful we are apart of the Nickajack Elementary family.

Nickajack Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2015
This was my son's 3rd year in this school. His kindergarten & 1st grade teachers were ok but his 2nd grade teacher ! I va question . She gave the students the same homework as the 1st grade. The reason I know Cauz I always look at my son's homework . This past year my son was telling me how many times they had the sub teachers! I didn't see much improvement . My son was always advance in the class. Once he lost his homework but his teacher said it was ok and he still can go to the 3rd grade... Really??? After that he lost the importance of the homework . I am trying to move him to different school.

Nickajack Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2015
The office staff very rude. My son first grade teacher doesn't follow up with my email most of the time. Homework is given every week more homework and more classwork. I think its better that they balance it out every now and then. Hes not happy and doesn't want to go back to this school. Would it be better to make it fun and exciting for kids? Teacher now expect parents teach full time at home with there hw that is. If you asked me i dont have problems but tried to balance it out every wk but instead my 1st grade son have about 10-12 page that needs to be done by Friday some of the question are vague. I may complain about it but i make sure my son gets it done. The question is what does the teacher do with it?

Nickajack Elementary School 4

Posted March 12, 2015
My daughter is having a great 4th grade year at NES. I'm happy that she's becoming more of an independent learner.

Posted March 03, 2015
We absolutely appreciate the Nickajack staff for continuously staying in contact with us and working with our son. The school has a great spirit for the children it educates. Couldn't be happier to have my son attend Nickajack.

Posted February 03, 2015
I have a son in kinderga and he was in a private school since he was an infant, the transition to Nickajack has been seamless. He did well in his private school and is doing well now in Nickajack, teachers have been incredible, some of the after school programs have been great for my son. Love this school and my wife and I are happy and proud to have my 5 yr old son enrolled here.

Posted January 05, 2015
My daughter is in Kindergarten at Nickajack and we have been very happy with her teachers, administration, and bus driver. My daughter loves school and is always ready to go. Thank you Nickajack for a wonderful experience.

Nickajack Elementary School
4555 Mavell Rd SE, Smyrna, GA  30082
Last modified Nickajack Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nickajack Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top