St. Marys, GA

Posted August 19, 2013
Sugarmill Elementary is AWESOME! The teachers are fantastic and really care about each student and go out of their way to help them shine! The administrative team is great they are always there to encourage the kids and parents and make things run smoothly. I have 2 children attending and I highly recommend this school to others! I love the atmosphere at Sugarmill it is such a positive school! I love that the lines of communication are always open between families and staff. I also think they have the best special education teachers in the county! I can not say enough great things about Sugarmill!

Posted January 26, 2011
My son is in Kindergarten and is learning so much! His teacher Ms. English is exceptional and very caring. She has been so embracing and truly takes care of her students.

Posted August 12, 2009
My kids have attended SES now for the past 7 years. Because of the wonderful, loving, friendly, and teaching atmosphere created by the entire staff, my 3 kids have learned so much and enjoy every minute of it. Not only do they focus on quality education, but go out of their way to let my children know they matter. Sugarmill Elementary is a prime example of Education at it's finest!

Posted March 24, 2009
Great school! My kids just started attending and already I see a difference in their grades. I think that the teachers are fantastic

Sugarmill Elementary School 0

Posted October 16, 2008
Very nice people at Sugarmill elkementary. All of the teachers are easy to get alone with.

Sugarmill Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2007

Posted March 22, 2006
I loved it when my children went to Sugarmill. The principal and vice-principal make a daily ritual of opening car doors for drive-up parents, which makes them extremely approachable! The teachers were always willing to go the extra mile to help all students and bullying was always nipped in the bud. I loved the atmosphere and the fun things they planned for the children as in festivals and book fairs. I had no problem volunteering for the school because it felt like a family. My kids loved it too.

Posted December 08, 2005
I could not be happier with the overall quality of Sugarmill Elementary. My son, a special education student, has flourished during his past three years there. The school has a caring and nurturing environment yet maintains the appropriate discipline and structure necessary for its students safety and success. Sugarmill's principal, Mr. VanHorn, is to be commended in all areas. He can be seen each morning personally greeting and assisting each child as they are dropped off to school. Vice-principal Mr. Morris helps maintain the school's excellence and is personable and kind. What I feel is unique to Sugarmill Elementary is its genuine concern for every student by all its faculty and staff. Special Kudos to Mrs. Carreira. She has changed my son's and my family's life. She is the best.

Posted April 03, 2005
What a great school and outstanding teachers. I would recommend this school to anyone. The staff go beyond the call of duty for the kids. I miss the parent / teacher involvment. Most schools don't give that since we recently moved from the area. If we ever move back, I hope to have my children enrolled at this school. Bravo to the school. D.Rivera

Posted January 24, 2005
My husband and I love Sugarmill Elementary School, and the participation the teachers have with each individual student. Our son is known by his first name by the Principal and Vice Principal, and not for the wrong reasons. For a reward, he likes to go to the front office! He loves the attention and education they provide him, and so do we.

Sugarmill Elementary School
2885 Winding Rd, St. Marys, GA  31558
Last modified Sugarmill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sugarmill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top