No rating

Community Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 960 students

Living in Stockbridge

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $98,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted February 3, 2014

My daughter has gone to ccs since she was 3 and we love the school she loves it , i would recommend the school to anyone

Posted December 26, 2013

The Varsity football team is growing and the coaches take boys under their wings and help mentor them along with coaching the team. The school is extremely amazing and I don't have any regrets about sending my child here. She is prepared for life after high school.

Posted September 30, 2013

My experience at CCS was less than desirable. My was enrolled for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades. However, a few months into the 3rd grade year I had had enough. I was not going to pay to be disrespected and mistreated. The school is not progressive in their education of a certain population of minority students. The school is not culturally diversified and probably never will be. We initially enrolled here because we experienced bullying by students in public schools. Here it is the faculty and administration that are bullies. They treatment of me and my student is hypocritical of what they preach and teach. I would not recommend this school to any minority parent/child looking to be treated fairly. Please understand that the discrimination that I experienced here at CCS was not just racial. They are satisfied with merely allowing our kids to get by. Not encouraging or rewarding academic excellence. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!

Posted August 26, 2013

We have been here for several years, and would not change. Great School! They have a close student/teacher interaction. These teachers are willing to help your child learn!

Posted May 6, 2013

My daughter was in their daycare and Pre-K. I've read other reviews that talk about them putting children in a box and assuming that is the norm for all children. I constantly received calls about my daughter's behavior, but at no point were they trying to work with me to isolate what the real problem was and just wanted to put a label on her as a problem child. That was two years ago. We have since found out that my daughter is dsylexic and she is thriving in her current school. I knew something was wrong, but I wrongly believed that as professionals the teachers were there to assist me with identifying and getting her the help she needed. That will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Their only solution was that she needed to repeat Pre-K and that was an unacceptable option as far as I was concerned. I'm so glad I didn't listen to all the negativity they were trying to plant in my head about my child. I believe they got offended that I was challenging their credentials, but since I am my child's biggest advocate, it was in order to inquire. My youngest daughter's experience was different. She was only in daycare, but all her teachers had a love and gift for teachi

Posted October 10, 2012

Changed from another area school in order to challenge my son, it worked, at first his grades dropped from the generous A's he was getting in public school, but thanks to excellent teachers he has pulled his average up. Excellent facilities , with new sports fields coming soon. Great communication, up to date technology and reporting systems , enrollment growing and a good value.

Posted June 14, 2012

My son has attended CCS for 5 years. My two daughters attended ELCA and I much prefer CCS. The teachers care about the students, there is Biblical learning and instruction as well as academic instruction. Classes are small but all are racially and ethnically diverse. (This year my son had CC, AA, Indian, Russian, and Korean classmates.) The teachers make extra efforts to assist students with learning disablities. The policy on tardies is unreasonable, but that is my only complaint about the school or the people running it. My son will definitely be attending again next year. He loves it and wishes summer vacation was shorter!

Posted May 17, 2012

First, this school is racially diverse. That's the problem. With this, the school is cliquish. The students and teachers are making uncomfortable racial discussion and racist jokes. ELCA , a nearby school I have previously gone to two years ago (I withdraw because I failed some classes) but I'm planning to return my junior year (which is next year), is less racially diverse, but it has a sense of colorblindness. Another problem is its discipline. The school is so strict in their discipline that it have gotten on my parent's nerve. For ex., my parents allowed and trusted me to wander around the school after school. However, the administrator does not allowed me to do that. They either forced me into aftercare and pay. Finally, CCS is trying to demote their athletic program. It demoted itself (even the top sports which is soccer) from the soccer-powerhouse GISA to failing league ICSGA . Overall, the school is not that bad. There are some nice people in the school and the academics are rigorous. In order for this school to improve, I would like the school to stop making racial comments and creating racial horror, liberate the school policy, and promote the school athletic program.

Posted May 10, 2011

I am not sure if this school is racially friendly or not. It has only six African American teachers, no Hispanic teachers or asian teachers. The total employment of the school is 90% caucasian.

Posted March 15, 2011

If your child is entering prek-5 I think CCS may be a pretty descent school for him/her.It's a kid friendly and fun place to learn the basics. The course work does not become more challenging as they get older though. The teachers in the middle and high school are not as qualified as they should be.Some don't seem to be as interested in teaching everyone as they are in being friends with certain students.And not all the teachers exhabit christian like behaviour i.g.,racist jokes,semitic jokes,discussing student's private issues(fam) with other students and attempting to humiliate students in front of their peers. Public school will offer more academic challenge. Most of the middle and high school students are coming from public schools anyway so the environment is about the same as in public school. As another parent suggested, try Strong Rock,ELCA, or Creekside. I will we won't be going back.

Posted January 31, 2011

I removed my son from public school at the end of 2nd grade and placed him at CCS to begin 3rd grade. I was looking for him to be challenged because I find that for some reason there seem to be problem with educators and challenging children at an early age here in GA. Academically, my son is no more challenged than he was in the public school system. In fact, I'll say he's probably less challenged. He was in the SAGE program at his public school (wonderful program!) which he absolutely enjoyed. CCS does offer an abundance of athletic and social activities which is great and my son's biblical knowledge has improved, plus the teacher/student ratio is smaller. I am however, contemplating putting him back in public school or home schooling. I'm not sure that it's worth it to keep him at CCS.

Posted September 27, 2010

My son has attended CCS since kindegarten. He has always been a bright child since preschool. I felt he has been challenged well at CCS. He enjoys school and loves his teachers. The language arts program is well rounded with a great emphasis on phonics and comprehension. I would like to see the math program a little more rigorous than what it is. This year they have implemented a gifted program EDGE (Exceptional Development in Gifted Education). I am glad to see this program added to the curriculum offering. I am pleased with Community Christian School.

Posted March 29, 2010

Community Christian School has been a blessing for my choldren. They have exceeded in all subjects because of this school. Many parents bring there kids here and think they are getting a better school but really they are getting a closer relationship to God through the teachings. My 2 year old can count to 20, talk with over 100 different words and is polite. My four year old has exceeded my expectations with his knowledge of the teachings. I would highly recommend bringing your children to this school.

Posted August 21, 2009

My children excelled with Bible knowledge, they were left behind in academics. There is a definite lack of leadership. Any child that does not fit into the elementary Pricipal's idea of a typical child is left out. I agree with other parents that feel if your child is 'typical' CCS will probably be good for you. My children are happier, and more challenged at public school with a loving Christian atmosphere at home. If you must send your child to a Christian school in the area, I would recommend Eagle's Landing, Strong Rock or Creekside for a good well-rounded Christian education.

Posted May 25, 2009

Community Christian School has above average academic expectations, I was less than thrilled with the new principal appointed to the elementary level during the 2008-2009 school year. My daughter struggled with the transition to kindergarten after being at CCS since 3K and the support we received from the administration was less than acceptable. I found that when children do not fit into the preconceived rolls that CCS has picked for them, they treat them as disciplinary problems. Instead of employing good classroom management techniques, parents are contacted and asked to pick up their child. As an educator myself, I was very unimpressed with the way behavior is managed at the school. I wanted a Christ-centered education for my daughter but found that she was better rounded when attending the public school and being supported by Christian parents at home who accept her for who she is.

Posted January 22, 2009

The teachers are nice and the academics are good as well. The school has a good Christain education, we learn a lot about Bible stories and Bible verses. The staff is nice to the other students and students are nice to each other. Band and Chorus are good too.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 20, 2008

This is an adverage school. The quality of teachers could be better. It's not much different from public schools in the area. Children of the employees are shown favoritism and it's obvious to parents as well as students. Students in the higher grades ususally only stay a year or two. If there were more choices in the area they wouldn't have as many students.

Posted December 9, 2008

I attended their fluffy open house in February 2008, fell for everything that they sold me and I enrolled my 2 year old son in August. From August to November, these people would call me every other day to complain about his behavior, accidents, etc. It got to the point where I didn't know if the call was an emergency or not. The teachers give preferential treatment to the students whose parents are employed there, where my child was always singled out as the troublemaker. Even choice words that we do not use at home were picked up at school by my son. Finally I withdrew him because they built up this story that my son was acting out the behavior of my older disabled son. They even went so far as to say my son needed to be 'evaluated'! They painted a picture and basically forced me to withdraw him.

Posted March 3, 2008

Excellent courses and extracurricular activities. Great A Beka program and class structure. Excellent loving, caring and patient teachers.

Posted February 26, 2008

CCS has been a great experience for my child. We had struggled with public schools and a larger Christian school environment for a number of years and have finally found a great place for our daughter to learn. It is a comfort to know that the children are in a safe environment and are being taught by competent, caring, and qualified individuals. I thank God for CCS everyday!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:00am
School end time
  • 3:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Fred Banke, Headmaster