Stockbridge, GA
Before care: Yes

Posted February 03, 2014
My daughter has gone to ccs since she was 3 and we love the school she loves it , i would recommend the school to anyone

Posted December 26, 2013
The Varsity football team is growing and the coaches take boys under their wings and help mentor them along with coaching the team. The school is extremely amazing and I don't have any regrets about sending my child here. She is prepared for life after high school.

Community Christian School 1

Posted September 30, 2013
My experience at CCS was less than desirable. My was enrolled for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades. However, a few months into the 3rd grade year I had had enough. I was not going to pay to be disrespected and mistreated. The school is not progressive in their education of a certain population of minority students. The school is not culturally diversified and probably never will be. We initially enrolled here because we experienced bullying by students in public schools. Here it is the faculty and administration that are bullies. They treatment of me and my student is hypocritical of what they preach and teach. I would not recommend this school to any minority parent/child looking to be treated fairly. Please understand that the discrimination that I experienced here at CCS was not just racial. They are satisfied with merely allowing our kids to get by. Not encouraging or rewarding academic excellence. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!

Community Christian School 4

Posted August 26, 2013
We have been here for several years, and would not change. Great School! They have a close student/teacher interaction. These teachers are willing to help your child learn!

Community Christian School 3

Posted May 06, 2013
My daughter was in their daycare and Pre-K. I've read other reviews that talk about them putting children in a box and assuming that is the norm for all children. I constantly received calls about my daughter's behavior, but at no point were they trying to work with me to isolate what the real problem was and just wanted to put a label on her as a problem child. That was two years ago. We have since found out that my daughter is dsylexic and she is thriving in her current school. I knew something was wrong, but I wrongly believed that as professionals the teachers were there to assist me with identifying and getting her the help she needed. That will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Their only solution was that she needed to repeat Pre-K and that was an unacceptable option as far as I was concerned. I'm so glad I didn't listen to all the negativity they were trying to plant in my head about my child. I believe they got offended that I was challenging their credentials, but since I am my child's biggest advocate, it was in order to inquire. My youngest daughter's experience was different. She was only in daycare, but all her teachers had a love and gift for teachi

Posted October 10, 2012
Changed from another area school in order to challenge my son, it worked, at first his grades dropped from the generous A's he was getting in public school, but thanks to excellent teachers he has pulled his average up. Excellent facilities , with new sports fields coming soon. Great communication, up to date technology and reporting systems , enrollment growing and a good value.

Community Christian School 4

Posted June 14, 2012
My son has attended CCS for 5 years. My two daughters attended ELCA and I much prefer CCS. The teachers care about the students, there is Biblical learning and instruction as well as academic instruction. Classes are small but all are racially and ethnically diverse. (This year my son had CC, AA, Indian, Russian, and Korean classmates.) The teachers make extra efforts to assist students with learning disablities. The policy on tardies is unreasonable, but that is my only complaint about the school or the people running it. My son will definitely be attending again next year. He loves it and wishes summer vacation was shorter!

Community Christian School 1

Posted May 17, 2012
First, this school is racially diverse. That's the problem. With this, the school is cliquish. The students and teachers are making uncomfortable racial discussion and racist jokes. ELCA , a nearby school I have previously gone to two years ago (I withdraw because I failed some classes) but I'm planning to return my junior year (which is next year), is less racially diverse, but it has a sense of colorblindness. Another problem is its discipline. The school is so strict in their discipline that it have gotten on my parent's nerve. For ex., my parents allowed and trusted me to wander around the school after school. However, the administrator does not allowed me to do that. They either forced me into aftercare and pay. Finally, CCS is trying to demote their athletic program. It demoted itself (even the top sports which is soccer) from the soccer-powerhouse GISA to failing league ICSGA . Overall, the school is not that bad. There are some nice people in the school and the academics are rigorous. In order for this school to improve, I would like the school to stop making racial comments and creating racial horror, liberate the school policy, and promote the school athletic program.

Community Christian School 3

Posted May 10, 2011
I am not sure if this school is racially friendly or not. It has only six African American teachers, no Hispanic teachers or asian teachers. The total employment of the school is 90% caucasian.

Community Christian School 2

Posted March 15, 2011
If your child is entering prek-5 I think CCS may be a pretty descent school for him/her.It's a kid friendly and fun place to learn the basics. The course work does not become more challenging as they get older though. The teachers in the middle and high school are not as qualified as they should be.Some don't seem to be as interested in teaching everyone as they are in being friends with certain students.And not all the teachers exhabit christian like behaviour i.g.,racist jokes,semitic jokes,discussing student's private issues(fam) with other students and attempting to humiliate students in front of their peers. Public school will offer more academic challenge. Most of the middle and high school students are coming from public schools anyway so the environment is about the same as in public school. As another parent suggested, try Strong Rock,ELCA, or Creekside. I will we won't be going back.

Community Christian School
2001 Jodeco Road, Stockbridge, GA  30281
Last modified Community Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Community Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top