Bad
Good

Walnut Grove has changed over the years. I am hoping having a new principal this year will help improve the school and hopefully the new principal will be open to change for the children!

Excellent school. Both of my children attended this school from kindergarten through 5th grade. Their teachers were great and they graduated well prepared for middle school.

This is such a great school! My daughter is in 2nd grade & has been attending since kindergarten & she has learned so much. The teachers believe in success & they make sure every child gets special attention. I enjoy volunteering in the classroom where I get to observe the excellent teaching strategies. Communication is very easy & emails are always answered immediately by teachers. The principal, media staff, office personnel, cafeteria staff & janitors are all very sociable. They make you feel comfortable & like a part of the schools family! I am so happy to be a part of such an awesome school & look forward to every school year!

We recently moved to this area and are very pleased with how much our daughter likes attending Walnut Grove. I have regular communication with her teacher (she always emails right back). Every teacher I come into contact with is very nice. They know my daughter's name and are very friendly even when they see us out in the community. I couldn't have asked for a smoother transition for my 1st grader. She's being challenged in class and even does her own research on topics of interest to her during their computer lab time. I look forward to her moving forward in this school!!!!

WGES is absolutely amazing! I have not one single complaint about this school. My daughter is going into 2nd grade and we have been at WGES since Kindergarten. This year my stepson is getting to attend WGES as well. We are so excited!! The teachers and staff at WGES are so nice and really do treat each and every child like one of their own. We have been blessed with wonderful teachers the last two years. I plan on having my kids continue through WGES for the remainder of Elementary school and proud to be an EAGLE!

It appears that somebody has an issue with a certain primary teacher. As a parent, my child has been in the teacher's classroom for 2 years. Yes, she did have a baby. Yes, she has 2 other children so she misses some time. But she has also been an incredible teacher for our son the past 2 years. And she has not missed all the days you allege. All the parents were given the option of having their kids placed with her for a 2nd year, knowing she would be on maternity leave for the first month of school. And how many parents signed "yes" we want her to teach our child another year...21 parents! Yes- the entire class! This teacher was nothing but professional and showed the kids unconditional love for 2 years- not to mention excellent instruction. My child amazed me of what he came home and told me of what he did in class that day. There were many tears the last day of school in my son's classroom- both the teacher and the students. The previous poster has been making allegations about this teacher for a couple of years now...since likes an unhappy parent.

This was my son's first year in kindergarten at WG. I really enjoyed the school and his teacher. My son had a rough start in kindergarten because of the strict structure but his teacher never gave up on him and he is doing excellent. He is reading and writing sentences as well as doing math. I am so grateful for his teacher and that she loves what she does!!!

I have 2 kids attending Walnut Grove Elementary School this year, and 2 that have moved on to Middle School and High School. We just LOVE this school! My older ones still talk about their teachers that they had in elementary school and love to visit them every chance they get, the younger ones love going to school every day and get excited every time they see their teachers. As for us I don't recall any bad experiences with any of my children, and we've been with them for over 10 years. I would recommend this school to anybody!

The most unprofessional staff I have ever encountered. Teachers lie, gossip, and talk about students in the hallway before and after school. There is also a HUGE issue with staff attendance. Too many teachers miss too many days and are not held accountable.

My children have been attending Walnut Grove for two years now and we are very pleased with the school's overall performance. My children enjoy going to school every day and the teachers are always very professional and are fully vested in ensuring all students succeed. We were excited about the new principal who came onboard this year and we see even greater things to come...

Last modified Walnut Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.