Suwanee, GA
Students enrolled: 3,215

Posted October 22, 2014
I was very excited to buy my first house and move to this area. I sent my daughter and had nothing but problems. She complained about students fighting everyday. The school was not supportive to me as a parent who does not work in the area. So of course I had difficulties trying to make it to certain things. She failed a math class eventually and I was never notified. Lastly, her school bus was in an accident. She was hurt and had to go for physical therapy. This occured in januray and they have not agreed to help me with the medical bills as of today 10/21/2014.Why do I have to pay for an attorney when she was hurt? Their part of the bill is only 3300 an this is a million dollar school system? Needless to say, as an educator my daughter did not return to this school this year. I turned on the news this morning and saw the video with all of the fights being recorded by the students. Gwinnett needs to be ashamed especially when I as a parent complained about the bully issues in the school last year. No parent wants to send their child to an unsafe environment!

Posted October 20, 2014
The school only cares about athletics, all of the vending machines go to the athletics department. The principal even got rid of the last technology and engineering teacher to put the JROTC in his room. He now works at Peachtree Ridge. Now we are the only school in gwinnett to not have a technology department or engineering department. We'll have an engineering department next year. I'm on the very inexperienced and underfunded VEX robotics team, with only 9 of us on two teams. We don't even have FIRST robotics anymore.

Posted July 25, 2014
My son graduated from this school in 2012. He is now at Harvard, along with a fellow 2012 graduate of Collins Hill. As a parent I was very happy with the academic rigor of the curriculum and the wonderful, supportive teachers. Collins Hill not only does an excellent job of preparing its students for college level coursework, but it also provides a wide variety of extracurricular activities.

Posted November 06, 2013
My son and daughter attend Collins Hill and I am very excitedly anticipating my younger son attending after three years at Crekland Middle. My son is a starter on the football and basketball team, however, my daughter is not an athlete and has had the same wonderful experience. The school is awesome! I email the teachers and they respond. I feel they really care for my children and don't just teach, but grow them. What I am most impressed with is the pride in the community. I can't go anywhere without seeing multiple people wearing CHHS gear. As well, I wear mine with pride! GO EAGLES!!!!

Posted November 05, 2013
I'm currently attending Collins Hill High School. The school is very rigorous but it defiantly favors athletes and preps. The school overall is geared towards the athletics and not so much the arts. There honestly isn't much diversity either. You don't see a lot of black,whites,or hispanics hanging out with each other which is quite disappointing. I've heard plenty of racial remarks from people and the students tend to stereotype you based on your skin color. The food is okay but the lunch ladies will not tell you when you're out of money so beware. Lastly, if you are a military child beware. i transferred last year to this school and because of their "fifteen day chair rule" i had to retake classes i already passed and it has completely messed up my credits and advance classes which is very upsetting. I must say I'm glad i am not graduating here.

Posted June 26, 2013
Collins Hill has decent teachers and rigorous courses. Many electives are offered, which is great. However, the school favors athletes and preps more than anything. Sports are the only thing that pull this school together because the students tend to stay in their little cliques. The food is mediocre and so are the lunch ladies, who are rude all the time. Remember to frequently check your money balance for lunch because the lunch ladies will not tell you when youre almost out of money. Unfortunately, the policy is: if you dont have money, you wont eat because charging is not allowed. Ive had my fair share of observing racist remarks and immature students who think theyre better than everyone else. This school is stereotyped as a rich white kid prep school, and that is somewhat true. Lastly, this school is just extremely...average. Theres nothing special.

Posted August 25, 2012
Very competitive academically. Plenty of opportunities for honors, gifted and AP classes. My son entered UGA (tough to get into these days) as a sophomore having one year's worth of credit hours. Plenty of clubs -- you don't have to be a jock to fit in. The sense of community is good, as many of the kids have played recreation ball and whether they get into sports in high school, that time together served my son (and my daughter well)

Collins Hill High School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
I went to Collins Hill on my freshmen year (2011-2012) and I found this school to be pretty good. They have lots of electives to choose from and most of the teachers there are pretty good. I moved to Fl this year and I can tell you that Collins Hill is way better than any school down here based on academics. I was an ESOL student and everyone in the program was very nice and fun. ESOL students have mostly all of their classes with especial teachers, though. And you usually have the same students in every class, something that makes you have a closer relationship with everyone else. I did find students out of ESOL a little rude towards the one who had an accent or didnt speak english very well. There was bullying and discrimination. This school has lots of cliques based on your race, or ethnicity. And I knew some people who were on drugs, though I never felt the peer pressure to get involved in that. What I like about this school is that even though they say they have a dress code, you are free to dress however you want (except tank tops or strapless) but appart from that you are free to express your personality, you can even wear a princess costume there (I saw a girl who did)

Collins Hill High School 3

Posted February 26, 2012
This school used to truly be a great school, but is now rapidly declining. The school itself is getting old and run down and the students are getting out of hand. The middle school had vandalism and arson while I was there. Arts have always been above average, but are now facing issues. Academics are declining, as you can see in score trends and ranking. The middle school did not make AYP. While this school is still a good school, the future of it is very uncertain, and points to a crash and burn. I had a great time while I was there, but to be frank, I was tired of never winning anything but wrestling. Also, as a last fact, if you ask a majority of the students there who the principle is, they have no clue. It seems no one knows, and no one cares. To sum up: The student body is because decreasingly motivated, the building is falling to age, and the students have no connection to the administration.

Collins Hill High School 4

Posted October 10, 2011
We have 3 student that graduated from CHHS. Two are honor students and have excelled in college. CHHS provides leadership. The teachers actually care. Parent participation is exceptional. It's not perfect, but no school is. Overall, a great school.

Collins Hill High School
50 Taylor Rd, Suwanee, GA  30024
Last modified Collins Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Collins Hill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top