Posted July 04, 2013
The school is amazing. It has just introduced a new gifted/magnet program named the Maximizing Education to Realize Intellectual Transformation Program (MERIT). The program has in my opinion the best academics in the area. This includes the Thomasville City, Colquitt County, Mitchell County, Pelham City, Grady County, Decatur County, and Brooks County School Districts. The school constantly does better than the Thomasville Scholars Academy the only magnet school in the city. Now at TCCHS students are given the opportunity to submit GPAs on a 5.0 scale. It's just amazing now. Before when the former superintendent was in office, the school was just horrible. Now that the new superintendent he has made a 180 degree turn not just for the school but also the Thomas County School District. TCCHS has taken students from the Thomasville Scholars Academy, Brookwood School, and Thomasville High School due to its presence in academics and athletics. It has been rated the best high school in southwest Georgia by local magazines.

Posted May 27, 2010
I have seen many oppinions expressed on this site. Many good, many bad. I am here to express my oppinion, and hope you will accept it as credible, for I am a student currently attending TCCHS. This school is a home away from home. This is typically hard to find in a public school. I know for a fact that every teacher in the school is more than willing to do what it takes to make sure your child gets what he/she needs. I throughly enjoy attending TCCHS, and I am sure that your child will also.

Posted August 31, 2008

Thomas County Central High School 4

Posted August 05, 2008

Posted January 18, 2008
This school has good athletic programs but don't offer good academic programs, like for advanced students such as my self and they don't offer 5.0 GPA for advanced students like many other schools in the country have to give exceptional students equal chances at getting into good colleges, on the whole this school is ok at best.

Posted May 02, 2007

Posted October 20, 2004

Posted September 07, 2004
This school has always been like a huge family to me, the teachers treat you with respect and as an equal. With the help from Mr. Michial Mayhall I have learned responsibility and to treat others as equals, the band has always been a huge part of our school family and it always will be. The principal is a loving man who cares what his students have to say. Out of all the schools I have ever attended I would say that TCCHS is the best.

Posted May 21, 2004

Posted May 13, 2004
I have an Honor Roll Student at TCCHS. I truly feel that the school over all is good but I feel a few of the teachers do not care if the child gets an education or not since they have tenure and it is hard to get any action taken against them. When 98% of a Honor Class does poorly in a certain subject, it should be a warning sign to the administrators that there is something seriously wrong but nothing is done! Safety at the school is very good. You can't say enough good things about the principal. I do feel the school cares more about football then education and is proven by the amount of money spent on football vs education.

Thomas County Central High School
4686 US Highway 84 Byp W, Thomasville, GA  31792
Last modified Thomas County Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas County Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top