Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

All 7th grade tiger staff a huge thank you . Love what you all have done

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
Great community service initiatives ! Many opportunities to give or help the community ! Enjoyed the opportunity

Posted November 18, 2015
This is my daughter's first year and we have had Great teachers and staff ! I love that I receive constant updates and reminders and the teachers respond immediately when I have any concerns

Tucker Middle School 2

Posted August 12, 2015
We left Tucker this summer for better schools in a neighboring County. I was involved with teachers, counselors, and the PTA, and still my son had a bad experience at Tucker. I baked cookies, donated money, volunteered to sell this and serve that, and gave teacher appreciation gifts. My son maintained a high B average and hung out with other bright kids, but he was not challenged enough, and he was bullied from time to time. Once he fought the kid back. One of my son's teachers spoke up in his defense because he knew my son wasn't a trouble maker. The incident was caught on camera in the hall and after some pressing, the suspension was reduced. The teachers who care are in short supply. Some teachers are phonies who act like they care (they talk about being on the Oprah show and how they left lucrative careers to follow their love of teaching and blah, blah, blah). Those are the worst ones... avoided by students, parents, and other teachers. The principal, Dr. Cunningham, is a voice of reason. She is dedicated and determined, but lacks a strong support system. The tipping point came for us was when the disciplinarian (disc) accused my son of lying when he reported being bullied. He told me that my son would receive in-school suspension for "providing false information" about the bullying incident. This, after it had been reported twice to a counselor AND two other kids accompanied my son to report the incident. The disc insisted my son sign his notice of disciplinary action. When my son asked to read it first, the disc angrily told my son that he would "just write that you refused to sign it". The disc then called me and said in an ugly tone "the kids just don't like your son" "He's not being bullied, nobody likes him". I requested that Dr. Cunningham look into the matter. She spoke with the same children that the disc spoke with and called me within an hour to report that ALL of the children confirmed my son's story. How is that the disc couldn't get to the truth, but the principal could? My sister called the disc an "incompetent fool" . He replied with: "I'd better not catch you saying that to me in the streets". Our experience was awful. Recently, my son told me this: "at Tucker, it wasn't IF someone was going to give you a hard time, it was WHEN." I am glad my child no longer attends Tucker Middle. I will not recommend it to anyone.

Posted November 06, 2014
i love this school its perfect for education and fun the teachers perfect i really love this school

Tucker Middle School 3

Posted October 02, 2014
Just take a look at the test scores for the last few years. The numbers don't lie. Yes there are kids that are doing really well at the school. They are the kids who are going to do well no matter where they go because they have parents that will make sure of it. It's not a terrible school. There are some very good teachers here, but a lot of them have left to teach in better environments. The assistant principals have been in and out like a revolving door for the three years we've been at the school. Low expectations for the kids except for the gifted and stem kids. If you have ever been to a school where the majority of kids are there to learn and have parents that demand that their schools deliver, you won't be impressed with Tucker Middle School.

Posted September 29, 2014
Best teachers ever! Middle school can be tough anywhere but we found the teachers at Tucker engage the students and help them be successful. They are well prepared for high school.

Posted September 26, 2014
An Awesome School The Stem teams are challenging but fun We have built microscopes Laser engraved And made 3D cars + on google sketchup we made 3D models of the school Dont be intimidated you dont have to be on the stem team The teachers are awesome and theyre are alot of clubs and were amazing at football We are the dekalb county champions our scoreboard now is 45-0 against henderson And 77-0 against stone mountain

Posted September 22, 2014
My son finished his middle school years at Tucker and I disagree with a lot of the ratings about this school. I stayed in constant contact with my children's teachers and communication was never a problem. My daughter consistently maintains advanced placement status and they continuously challenge her with her coursework and extra curricula activities. My son was diagnosed with Aspergers at 12 years old and he successfully completed middle school at Tucker with a 2.89 GPA, up 1.5 from his previous school. I think anything worth having takes work and we've worked with the teachers and administrators and our kids are all the better for it. Tucker Middle is awesome.

Tucker Middle School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
My child attended TMS last year and was in the gifted program. I found that teachers were uninterested in helping their students learn/succeed, choosing instead to vent about their personal problems, poor at communicating, poor at entering grades in the online gradebook (to the point that one teacher told me he had entered the number of grades he was required to enter and would enter no more, because he had done all that was required of him). Teachers did not respond to multiple requests from me and the counselors on my behalf to receive a set of textbooks for the home, even claiming that he never received emails sent by the counselor or me. All in all, the year was a nightmare. My child is at another school this year and thriving.

2160 Idlewood Rd, Tucker, GA  30084