Tucker Middle School 3

Posted October 02, 2014
Just take a look at the test scores for the last few years. The numbers don't lie. Yes there are kids that are doing really well at the school. They are the kids who are going to do well no matter where they go because they have parents that will make sure of it. It's not a terrible school. There are some very good teachers here, but a lot of them have left to teach in better environments. The assistant principals have been in and out like a revolving door for the three years we've been at the school. Low expectations for the kids except for the gifted and stem kids. If you have ever been to a school where the majority of kids are there to learn and have parents that demand that their schools deliver, you won't be impressed with Tucker Middle School.

Posted September 29, 2014
Best teachers ever! Middle school can be tough anywhere but we found the teachers at Tucker engage the students and help them be successful. They are well prepared for high school.

Posted September 26, 2014
An Awesome School The Stem teams are challenging but fun We have built microscopes Laser engraved And made 3D cars + on google sketchup we made 3D models of the school Dont be intimidated you dont have to be on the stem team The teachers are awesome and theyre are alot of clubs and were amazing at football We are the dekalb county champions our scoreboard now is 45-0 against henderson And 77-0 against stone mountain

Posted September 22, 2014
My son finished his middle school years at Tucker and I disagree with a lot of the ratings about this school. I stayed in constant contact with my children's teachers and communication was never a problem. My daughter consistently maintains advanced placement status and they continuously challenge her with her coursework and extra curricula activities. My son was diagnosed with Aspergers at 12 years old and he successfully completed middle school at Tucker with a 2.89 GPA, up 1.5 from his previous school. I think anything worth having takes work and we've worked with the teachers and administrators and our kids are all the better for it. Tucker Middle is awesome.

Tucker Middle School 2

Posted September 10, 2014
My child attended TMS last year and was in the gifted program. I found that teachers were uninterested in helping their students learn/succeed, choosing instead to vent about their personal problems, poor at communicating, poor at entering grades in the online gradebook (to the point that one teacher told me he had entered the number of grades he was required to enter and would enter no more, because he had done all that was required of him). Teachers did not respond to multiple requests from me and the counselors on my behalf to receive a set of textbooks for the home, even claiming that he never received emails sent by the counselor or me. All in all, the year was a nightmare. My child is at another school this year and thriving.

Posted August 18, 2014
My child participates in the STEM at Tucker Middle School and it has been a great program. No school is perfect and we do the best we can to make each experience a positive one. I want my child to learn we live in a diverse culture and be prepared for succeeding in the real world. The teachers are engaged and enthusiastic about helping the kids make the best choices.

Tucker Middle School 4

Posted August 15, 2014
At Tucker Middle School as in EVERY school in the county, the experience your child has at this age has a lot to do with what you put into it as a parent. My child has had an excellent experience at Tucker Middle School. Did you know that Tucker Middle School is the ONLY middle school in the entire county with a STEM program? Did you also know that TMS is an International Baccalaureate school? Tucker Middle School was also the 2013 champion for football. Talk to parents, get involved in your child's education, and choose Tucker Middle. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Posted August 11, 2014
Parents need to be realistic about their expectations of a middle school. This is a fine place for all children to learn, mature and be nurtured in our diverse community. Is it all peaches and cream? No, but the faculty and staff along with the dedicated volunteers are there to create the best learning experience for all of Tucker children. If you are looking for a bubble look elsewhere, if you are looking for diversity, enthusiasm, school pride and Tucker spirit, this is where the journey begins!

Tucker Middle School 1

Posted August 10, 2014
Run.far.away.from.this.school. Breeding ground for thugs and incompetent teachers who many also happen to be thugs. Horrible mistake staying in this community for the the three years my daughter attended. I have since moved and hoping the middle school my other daughter goes to will be a better experience. In fact, I will see to it.

Posted June 05, 2014
Tucker Middle is not as bad as it seems it just lacks some proper authority. As a former student there in the 2013-14 years I feel that the school is reasonably bad but we've earned a better reputation over the few years. Rumors are spread but everyone is pretty friendly. Somehow everything seems to get done. So TMS is not so bad after all. I give props for us always coming together.

Tucker Middle School
2160 Idlewood Rd, Tucker, GA  30084
Last modified Tucker Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tucker Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top