Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Tucker High School 5

Posted December 09, 2015
Overall I have had a great experience with the school. My son attended 9th, 10th, and 11th grader and now I have a 9th grader there as well. Our assigned counselor works well with us. The gifted, AP and STEMs instructors are prepared and provide rigor for the students. I appreciate the offered tutorials to assist my child. I hear of a little fun in the classes as well. The clubs are great: Habitat, robotics, student government, and cupcakes (who knew). There are a lot of students moving about the school for the school size that I think they should review.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 09, 2015
I want to say thanks to my son's counselor, Ms. Currie of three years (9th - 11th grade) and now my daughter's 9th grade counselor. From the first time we met, she was concerned with my son being in the right class for his educational and graduation needs. She provided input to make you think after graduation to create next years class schedule. Ms. C. is pleasant, responsive to emails, quick to put on a smile, and direct. Thank you for all you and your team do the school, the students and parents.

Posted October 30, 2015
Not a bad a school but I cant stand the racism thee sometimes! I just moved here from another country. Some teachers are great while some aren't and its really boring (all work and no play makes jack a doll boy!) its like a prison and the system feels like if its geared to pressure us!

Tucker High School 2

Posted October 17, 2015
Great football program, questionable academics and both the ratings here and the test scores prove that out.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 14, 2015
I am looking into moving to the Tucker High School district (because of great location to close to Atlanta and the people that I have met) and I have teenage daughters, but I am concerned with some of the reviews. Everyone that I have met in the surrounding the community are nice and speak only good things about Tucker High. I would love feedback before I move into this neighborhood. If any one has any input, please comment. I have to decided to move before mid to late September. Please help!

Tucker High School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
THS is a great place to be whoever you are. Whether you are a musician, a writer, an athlete, a social butterfly, a soldier, an engineer -- Tucker has whatever you're looking for and nurtures your talents and interests in a caring environment, regardless of race or creed.

Posted August 01, 2014
I'm an incoming 10th grader at Tucker High School, and unfortunately, I was able to experience the full brunt of faults beginning only my freshman year. Every school has bad teachers, but the fact that after innumerable complaints, conferences, and interventions, these teachers are allowed to continue to "teach" demonstrates Tucker ' s priorities. The main cause of my not- so -high rating is that so much emphasis is put on the football program that both academics and, surprisingly, other sports,- fall in its shadow. The football is fantastic, yes, but I would love if when I search ' tucker high school ' on google, articles about Tucker students winning national awards, the latest spring musical, and even thoughts about the other great Tucker sports teams ( including the lady tigers, whose championship win didn't quite inspire much excitement through the halls as a football championship would) pop up. Also, Tucker claims a " diversity", which is really code for, "overcrowding" . Might I add a last bit, the counselors? I wouldn't trust them for advice. Or scheduling, for that matter.

Posted May 07, 2014
Why no reviews for three years? Tucker HS is an "ok" school. You'll find good and bad teachers in every school, so the quality of teachers isn't the issue. The problems that I see are related to overcrowding: scheduling at the start of the school year was awful with hundreds more students showing up than expected, counselors are often too busy to be effective, kids have to share lockers (but the lockers can't hold the belongings of more than one student and their books weigh four and five pounds). I really hope DeKalb does something about letting students transfer to already overcrowded schools when their home schools are under capacity. There are a lot of clubs and activities for students to participate in, so that's a positive. Overall, it's an average school that would probably improve a lot with far fewer students.

Tucker High School 5

Posted May 17, 2011
I have been a teacher at Tucker High school for 10 years and I don't think that there is a school that strives to continually improve in every aspect more than this school. Our principal sets the standards high and constantly sets new challenges. We have a brand new school that is the size of a mini-college campus. Our parent organization is very involved and the community is very supportve. We have a very caring faculty as well a an excellent academic and sports program.

Tucker High School 4

Posted March 01, 2011
I definitely do not agree w/ the 2008 alumni, that students after their class seem to care less and less. When you have kids who are graduating after that class literally going to some of the best schools in the country... I believe that's a testament not only to the students dedication but even moreso to the teachers and faculty who pour into their students lives an education and valuable life skills. That in my opinion counters some private schools in the metro-area. Granted every school has students who don't want to be there/ learn, the IB program provides a great path for the select population of the school who desire to challenge themselves, and if not IB even AP which is also a challenging curriculum in and of itself. Even though it's not a "perfect" school, personally I don't think any school is, especially after coming to college and meeting a host of private school students who in many cases did not have the same rigor and support system at their school that I had at Tucker. -Very Recent Graduate

5036 Lavista Rd, Tucker, GA  30084
Last modified Tucker High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tucker High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top