Posted August 11, 2014
We chose to send our son to Midvale for a few reasons - 1) We believe the IB curriculum provides a valuable curriculum from which he will greatly benefit, 2) The science related extra curricular activities provide an opportunity for him that he otherwise may not get, 3) It is very diverse in every way - racially, ethnically, economically, etc - and this is something we value. Since starting Midvale last year, we have gotten to know the administration and teachers. They are caring and we trust them with our son. We have had a wonderful experience thus far and look forward to what lies ahead for our son.

Posted October 29, 2013
Love the school! The teachers are helpful, patient, very experienced and extremely creative. The Principal and the staff are attentive and accommodating. I could not have elected a better group of people to influence my children for the rest of their lives.

Posted September 27, 2012
Midvale is a great school, great community with an active PTA. If the previous reviewer had issues it may be a "needle in the haystack". I suggest that parent talk to her daughters teachers, the principal and other parents. The students no longer change classes because studies show it is better they don't and it was the TEACHERS that asked for this. For my son, this is a god send, he performs and learns far more by not changing classes. It is certainly not a matter of being lazy. We have been at Midvale for 6 years and have enjoyed it. Never heard of food issues. Midvale is a benefit to our neighborhood!! My son loves it!

Midvale Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2011
Currently, my child attends this school. I find that everyday, after she comes home from school, that she learned nothing. Not only that, she complains to me money on how she finds burgers, hair, bugs, and other things on her food. Not only that, recently I find that she is saying curse words very often. Not only are her grades declining rapidly, but her behavior is changing too. Not one of her teachers are contacting me, and just recently, I found out that she isn't even switching classes throughout the day! When I asked her about it, she tells me that the teachers were just to lazy! This school is a terrible environment for my child. Doesn't the PTA do anything about this?

Posted October 24, 2011
Basing the rating solely on test scores does a disservice to this excellent school and its staff. Income levels and neighborhoods have much to do with the difference in ratings between Midvale and Livsey. I had kids at both schools, and our experience at Midvale was much more positive than with Livsey. Livsey's advantage is a very small student population and zero apartments in the school attendance zone. Midvale has great teachers, rigorous curriculum and expectations, and also a more diverse population. Kids who do wll at Midvale benefit from exposure to other income brackets, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and acceptance of differences. Midvale faculty and staff are more flexible and adept at understanding and accomodating differences than Livsey in my experience.

Midvale Elementary School 0

Posted October 19, 2010
Midvale is such a wonderful, comforting, homely environment. They show obvious care in the education of my son good parent contact, open-door policy for talking with teachers and the principal, energetic, creative.

Posted October 19, 2010
I love Midvale because it has a warm and caring environment. The teachers are wonderful. The IB program has been a great learning tool for my children.

Posted October 19, 2010
because one of my favorite little guys goes to school there!

Midvale Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Midvale is a great I.B. Public School - great faculty/staff that care about the education of my child!

Midvale Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2009
I disagree with a previous review that states that Midvale strives for simply meeting government benchmarks. My experience has been that they strive to give every child a life-long love of learning through the prestigious International Baccalaureate program. Midvale's teachers always strive to bring out the best performance from each child, and they are truly able to individualize classes for each child's needs to maximize their potential. They use ability grouping in all grade levels to ensure that kids who are 'high achievers' can get their needs met while those who struggle with a subject can get more help. My kids have had positive experiences each year at Midvale. Highly recommended!

Midvale Elementary School
3836 Midvale Rd, Tucker, GA  30084
Last modified Midvale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Midvale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top