K-11|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Lack of professionalism from the leadership staff. I am truly disappointed.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I am a firm believer you are only as strong as your leader. Considering the integrity is lacking in the leadership, how can they instill it in the students? I will also say there is lack of respect in that one of the students repeatedly made insensitive political statements .

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Considering it is a self teaching environment, I can not comment of the teacher effectiveness.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Unlike her pervious school, homework at Crestwood is assigned only if you didn't meet your goal for the day.

Let me first say I love the ACE Curriculum. I found this school a few years back and I had the privilege of seeing a few of the students compete at the Jr. Convention this past November. I was impressed with the performance and decided to send my child to Crestwood after her school unexpected closed. I met with Pastor Edge Pastor/Principle of the church and school for more information regarding the school in December 2016. My husband and I asked many questions including refunded policy on tuition and he seemed to be a straight forward guy. After enrolling her in January 2017 she attended the school for 2 weeks before she received an opportunity to attend the school she really desired. I contacted Pastor Edge on February 6, 2017 and expressed to him the opportunity that she had just received. He said he would "pray" for us regarding the opportunity and understood if we decided to pursue it. I notified him the very next day she would be taking the opportunity and requested to have her withdrawn. He advised he would have to check his calendar to meet with me. This was interesting in that when we were seeking information on enrolling he meet with us when school was not even in session. It took 1 week to get her withdrawn and 1 month to receive a refund that turned out to be shorted. This is interesting to me considering the school population is less than 12 kids and it is basically family ran. During the month while waiting on the refund, I texted Pastor Edge at least once a week and in some cases twice a week with no response. I finally received a $100 refund check from the $225 tuition that I paid. The problem is my child did not even attend the school a full week for the month of February and they refunded less than half of the tuition. I sent him several text message asking for a breakdown of the refund amount and as you can guess I didn't receive responses. Well today I finally texted again suggesting perhaps I should come to the school to get answers and he provided the response of he met with the board (his family) and they felt they were fair in the amount refunded considering it is "not policy" to refund tuition. So no I am stuck with having to pay for a service not received. I guess Christian schools do not always house Christian values. Certainly made me change my mind on sending my 2 middle scholar's there. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

Do not send your kid to this school in the 2010 2011 the school lost 50 kids and now in 2014 there down to 12 several issues about teachers calling students stupid dumb or you'll be working at McDonalds for the rest of your life terms are used and if your not baptist and your catholic luthern Methodist don't send your kids here I'm warning you!

My experience with the school for the last two years has been good. The school really takes personal interest in seeing the students excel academically and spiritually. There are not many sports activities or music/arts activities available, but this is most likely secondary to number of students enrolled.

Last modified Crestwood Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-11