Tyrone, GA

Posted March 24, 2010

Posted June 25, 2009
Robert J. Burch is a great school with a vastly diverse student population. Under new leadership, it is moving to be one of the top schools in the county. There are various social issues that teachers have to address, but the teachers at Burch are definitely the best in the county and give every student from every backround the highest level of education. I have a Kindergartener, 3rd grader, and one graduate of Burch, and they have flourished in all of their educational endeavors.

Robert J. Burch Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2009

Robert J. Burch Elementary School 0

Posted March 13, 2008
The school was wonderful but now, overcrowding, discipline problems, and an ineffective principal have pushed Burch into the lower end of Fayette county schools. Most teachers are excellent but teachers deal with disrespectful children, crowded classrooms, and parents that don't put enough effort into their children's success.

Posted September 28, 2007
We have recently relocated from Florida, and I am proud to say that I am impressed with Georgia Schools. We based where we wanted to live on these school reviews and stats. My youngest daughter entered kindergarten for the first time, and I was concerned about how she would adjust, but she came home on the first day of school very excited about what she had learned. She became even more excited once she was issued homework. I'm getting a good feeling from my 3rd grader who speaks so highly of how her teacher makes learning so much fun!

Posted April 25, 2007
I know that parents are supposed to rate Burch, but I go to Burch as a 5th grader in Shawn Stewart's class, and I love Burch. It has given my friend, peers, and me a great oppurtunity to learn, and many teachers find fun ways to teach us. You can tell that the teachers really love teaching, but they especially love their students. Also, students who are and are not challenged can be helped. There is a really good Enrichment program (for students who are not challenged enough) and I absoutely love the teachers. They obviously love their students and teaching, and hate it when we're unhappy. I came to Burch at the end of 3rd grade, and I have really felt welcome. I'll miss Burch next year when I leave. One more thing. I am a safety patrol, and I know that Burch Is Beary safe. Bye Burch Bears!

Posted April 04, 2007
I had 3 children attend Burch. We experienced both mediocre teachers and excellent teachers. Some of the teachers teach solely on the grade level curriculum while others challenge their students. I have found that most teachers at Burch love teaching. The staff are always ready to help and the principal's door is always open if you have a concern. All in all I have to say that we had a good experience at Burch.

Posted September 01, 2006
Burch's academic programs seem nationally competitive, with above-average parental involvement, enthusiastic staff and PTO. My child has a high IQ, but suffers from a neurobiological disorder that impacts classroom behavior. Ms. Kipa, the Principal, and Ms. Teat, the Assistant, have been remarkably accessible, compassionate, accommodating, flexible, willing to resolve anything. Despite PublicSchool 1-size-fits-all deprivations, teachers are supportive, available, sincerely concerned about students, communicative, many MA-educated. If you have a keen-spirited, quirky kid, an ADHD-ish one, or a 'challenging' child, Burch is your school. The staff pushes academic excellence, brainstorms strategies for student success, promotes lifelong skills that complement what you teach at home. My experience of the last few years with a problem child has been softened due to the efforts of Ms. Kipa, Ms. Teat, Ms. Uttley (counselor), SSTs, & an awesome teacher, Ms. Higgins. Judicious discipline. Safety's no problem, bullying not tolerated. Music, art, sports available. Great priorities!

Posted February 10, 2006
Overall the school is pretty good. All but 1 of the teachers(6)that we've had in the past 2 years have been great. The principal is easily approachable for positive and negative feedback. Teachers are very supportive of students and most of them are really good about parental concerns. My kids also love the after-school care program.

Posted August 24, 2005
I have one daughter who completed kindergarten through 5th grade at Burch Elementary and currently have two children attending. Priorities of administration as I see them are educational success for all students, discipline and safety. Communication between teachers and parents is always encouraged and teachers seem to take pride in their work. The school is excellent about providing additional support for students if needed (i.e. tutoring, Saturday School, additional instructional support in the classroom).

Robert J. Burch Elementary School
330 Jenkins Rd, Tyrone, GA  30290
Last modified Robert J. Burch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert J. Burch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top