Flat Rock Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
IT's only been a week my daughter seems to love it already, I was worried about her starting middle school, but it would seem Flat Rock has made the transition easy for her Mr. Antwon M. Wood....student Tyler Wood

Posted August 20, 2013
This school has awesome test scores as compared to most in the area. I am very glad my daughter is able to attend this institution.

Flat Rock Middle School 2

Posted September 14, 2012
Flat Rock Middle School is an awful school. The administrators of the school lack leadership skills. Some of the teachers care. However, some of the teachers are just down right uncaring. My daughter went here for one year. I had to have her moved to a different school in the county during to many problems we had with the teachers and administrators. I would recommend shadowing your child's classes at least once per year. You will get a good idea of what happens in the classroom on a daily basis. My daughter is in a different school now and we are having a much more positive experience.

Posted May 19, 2011
The teachers at FRMS go out of their way to help students achieve. During this economic downtime while funds are limited, they are resourceful and deserve praise for continually finding ways to help students who ask for help.

Flat Rock Middle School 0

Posted May 21, 2010
Flat Rock is a great because the teachers and staff care and Support each student's ability to achieve greatness at all levels of learning.

Flat Rock Middle School 3

Posted August 25, 2009

Flat Rock Middle School 2

Posted July 19, 2009
Flat Rock is not at its best as it could be, you aren't as challenged as you should be and I have not really learned that much in my first year in 6th grade. The enviroment is not excellent neither, students using profanity in the halls, the learning enviorment and many other things are lacking. I learned more in elementary school then I did at Flat Rock with is dissapointing, near the end of the year they tried to cram us with all this new stuff when they should of did it gradualy throughout the school year.

Flat Rock Middle School 0

Posted July 17, 2009
This school isn't as great as you think it is parents. The test score are great only because the teachers push our heads down into the text books. I learned from my leadership programs and experience in schools in Florida that in order to really grab kids attention to learning, is to teach it in a matter they can understand, relate to, and enjoy. And that is not how Flat Rocks teaching methods go. Which in my mind, isn't the best way to teach. (the way they do it)

Flat Rock Middle School 4

Posted October 19, 2007
We do have a great group of administrators and teachers who do their best with what they get. My daughter only went to 8th grade here and liked it. My son is in 7th grade and does well. The new assistant principal is really cracking down on all the nonsense that goes on here. They are limited in discipline here. Overall am happy here!

Posted February 17, 2007

Flat Rock Middle School
325 Jenkins Rd, Tyrone, GA  30290
Last modified Flat Rock Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flat Rock Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top