Tyrone, GA

Flat Rock Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
IT's only been a week my daughter seems to love it already, I was worried about her starting middle school, but it would seem Flat Rock has made the transition easy for her Mr. Antwon M. Wood....student Tyler Wood

Posted August 20, 2013
This school has awesome test scores as compared to most in the area. I am very glad my daughter is able to attend this institution.

Flat Rock Middle School 2

Posted September 14, 2012
Flat Rock Middle School is an awful school. The administrators of the school lack leadership skills. Some of the teachers care. However, some of the teachers are just down right uncaring. My daughter went here for one year. I had to have her moved to a different school in the county during to many problems we had with the teachers and administrators. I would recommend shadowing your child's classes at least once per year. You will get a good idea of what happens in the classroom on a daily basis. My daughter is in a different school now and we are having a much more positive experience.

Posted May 19, 2011
The teachers at FRMS go out of their way to help students achieve. During this economic downtime while funds are limited, they are resourceful and deserve praise for continually finding ways to help students who ask for help.

Posted May 21, 2010
Flat Rock is a great because the teachers and staff care and Support each student's ability to achieve greatness at all levels of learning.

Flat Rock Middle School 2

Posted July 19, 2009
Flat Rock is not at its best as it could be, you aren't as challenged as you should be and I have not really learned that much in my first year in 6th grade. The enviroment is not excellent neither, students using profanity in the halls, the learning enviorment and many other things are lacking. I learned more in elementary school then I did at Flat Rock with is dissapointing, near the end of the year they tried to cram us with all this new stuff when they should of did it gradualy throughout the school year.

Posted July 17, 2009
This school isn't as great as you think it is parents. The test score are great only because the teachers push our heads down into the text books. I learned from my leadership programs and experience in schools in Florida that in order to really grab kids attention to learning, is to teach it in a matter they can understand, relate to, and enjoy. And that is not how Flat Rocks teaching methods go. Which in my mind, isn't the best way to teach. (the way they do it)

Flat Rock Middle School 4

Posted October 19, 2007
We do have a great group of administrators and teachers who do their best with what they get. My daughter only went to 8th grade here and liked it. My son is in 7th grade and does well. The new assistant principal is really cracking down on all the nonsense that goes on here. They are limited in discipline here. Overall am happy here!

Posted December 11, 2006
I have a sixth and eighth grader and they seem to like Flat rock. We just moved from San Francisco and I picked this school system because the testing scores were a whole lot higher than the state average. Things I really liked were the teachers are good about communicating with the parents, they work extremely well with children, and the class sizes range from about 15-23 kids. The extracurricular activities include student council, beta club, and science olympiad. My kids are involved in some of them and they love it. The school does have sports teams but only seventh and eighth graders can participate. However they have a supervised sports program which my sixth grader goes to once a week. They have a great PTO and the parent involvement is above average.My kids and I agree the only thing this school is lacking is a good school lunch.

Posted December 09, 2006
I think Flat Rock is a great school. My family and I just moved here from Seattle a year ago and I have a sixth and eighth grader that go here. Both of my children are in the band program and they really seem to enjoy it. Also, the school has a vast range of before and afterschool activities like beta club, student council, and science olympiad. Because it is a law that sixth graders cannot participate on sports teams, my daughter did intramurals, an afterschool sports program for sixth graders which she absolutely loves.But the main reason why I chose this school district was because the testing scores were some of the highest in the state. I also liked that the teachers were good with communicating with the me. The only thing my children didn't like was the school lunch which can easily be solved by packing your own.

325 Jenkins Rd, Tyrone, GA  30290