Bad
Good

I have two children who currently attend this school. My oldest daughter has been at Gullatt since she started kindergarten and she is currently a fifth grader. My youngest daughter has been at Gullatt for two years now, Pre K and Kindergarten. I have seen many administration changes (we are currently on Principal number three) and some teachers have transferred to new schools that have been built and some have retired. I can honestly say that I believe the current principal, Mr. Jackson, is a great fit for this school. I have had the opportunity to observe him from afar as well as directly and he is genuinely concerned about the students educational advancement and making sure that the teachers are held to the same standards. Like every other school in America you do have some teachers who are either there for a paycheck or who "checked out" a long time ago BUT these handful of individuals are not the norm for the staff at this school. I can honestly say that the majority of the teachers and staff are genuinely concerned about the well being of these kids. I just wish the parents were just as concerned about their kids as these teachers are.

My daughter attends Gullatt Elementary School's Pre Kindergarten class. This is her first time in a classroom setting and she loves it! I thought it would be challenging for her to get used to waking up early in the morning and walking to school as well as being away from me her mother. However, I found it more difficult for me to get adjusted to her not being at home with me. Everyday it gets easier for her to wake up and get ready for school. Her quote every morning is, "Am I going to school Mommie?" I say, "Yes." Her response is, "Yayyyy I love school!" A little jealous am I, of course, however; It is wonderful for a child to look forward to going to school and can remember the things that transpired in the day. Gullatt Elem. has changed my child's life, the teachers are professional along with the administration dept. I feel very comfortable with my child attending this Title 1 school. It gives me the assurance that the things I taught her while at home will be enhanced by her teachers because of their academic background as well as the bond they have with their students. I am looking forward to next year and am glad I was led to move in this area. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GULLATT

As a new resident of GA, this past year has been a transition for my entire family. When I had my doubts about whether I made the right decision to move to GA, Gullatt reminded me that I did it for the kids. I have been so impressed with the parent involvement, staff commitment and the leadership. When I say staff commitment that includes those that work on maintenance and in the cafeteria. The arts programs in this school are exceptional. For those students that struggle with academics they have an opportunity to shine in the arts. This school provides many opportunities for kids to find all their talents. I'm saddened that I'm relocating and the kids will start at another school next fall. Keep up the great work...we need more schools like this in South Fulton. Y. Carrillo parent and Fulton County School employee

The school is okay and can be alot better. I wish there was better communication between the school and parents. Parents should always know how thier child is doing in school especially if they are volunteering at the school alot.

My girls have been at this school since pre K and both like it very much. One is in 5th grade and one just finished 5th grade and is now in 6th. We would send them again if given the chance. We have no regrets about having our girl attend this school.

Gullatt Elementary is a wonderful school. The principal is a focused, concerned leader, and ensures that higher and vigorous learning and comprehension is implemented at all levels of student interaction. Gullatt provides structure in a safe and caring environment. It has been my experience that the teachers sincerely care and encourage the students to reach their highest potential. I am always left in awe after attending any of the school programs. You would be very pleased and impressed with the music department and the school choir. Gullatt also offers Saturday school, Girls club, Boys to Young Men club(molding responsible young men),4H club,Principal's book club, Beta club,Student Forum,dance team and more!! The TAG(Talented And Gifted)program will definitely broaden a young mind and have them wondering why,analyzing and brainstorming everything imaginable. If you are searching for a school with strong leadership, genuine care and concern, CH Gullatt would be a great choice.

Last modified Gullatt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.