Valdosta High School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I'm a parent of two wonderful, brilliant girls. Both attended VHS. My youngest daughter still attends and is a current Wildcat cheerleader for five consecutive years, my oldest was a Wildcat cheerleader as well for seven consecutive years and held cheer captain position during her senior year, was a graduate of class of 2010. I've read all the previous posts and agree, to a certain extent, to most. These past seven years of experience with Valdosta High School have been pretty remarkable! We first came to the area because we were an Air Force family, afterward we chose to make Valdosta our permenant home. I truly value Valdosta High School's faculty and ability to enhance my children's lives with not only academic knowledge but knowledge of life experiences in general. The school is worn down and in need of much repair! A much needed new site has been selected for the future home of the Wildcats. I definitely recommend VHS to any parent who choses Valdosta as their new home. Football is a HUGE part of this city as you will find; after all we are Title-town USA! GO CATS!!

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted May 25, 2009
As the parent of an honor graduate I would like to state for the record, that my child attended this school for four years without any sighting of a rodent. The facilities are very clean. The student body is very diverse and interacts socially outside of the different ethnicities. My child has been well-educated and is prepared for college. The system does an excellent job educating gifted and talented students. I was advised to place my child in the city school system if it was rigor and academic achievement I desired for him. I have not been disappointed.

Posted March 07, 2008
As a Parent, I have found Valdosta High School to provide a very high level, college prep education. I am very surprised by the rating shown on here. I doubt those doing the rating have ever seen the School. We were new to the area and quite a few people attempted to steer us to the other School. Once we did our own research into test scores, the cirriculum, the athletic program, etc, we felt Valdosta High was the right place. Additionally, with the coming IB program, the School will become even better. If you're moving into this area, dont buy into some of the misinformation that is being spread by some who have ulterior motives. Do your own homework.

Posted August 20, 2007
Valdosta High is an ecellent school. The outcomes from college bound students are the best in the region. The new International Curiculum will further strengthen a great Advanced Placement program.

Valdosta High School 2

Posted August 13, 2007
I am disappointed and disheartened by the ridiculous rules and regulations implemented the 2007-8 school year. These are not children; they are young adults and should be treated as such with respect. I am fearful for my child's safety when the backlash ensues. I find it hard to believe the administration has any background in child psychology, and perhaps they don't. My husband and I are working diligently at moving from this area so that our children will have a better chance at a quality education in an environment conducive to allow this.

Valdosta High School 4

Posted February 24, 2006
- a former student
I think Valdosta High School is a wonderful institution, with a student body who really has pride in their school. These study performs well reguardless of the limited resources they have to work with. This school has a wonderful extracurricular program, which the students take great pride in. As parent, we need to become more involved and offer more support to our students. I will not have my child attend any other school in the state. Our pride in this school is alive a well.

Posted June 16, 2005
I'm a senior at VHS and i really and truly love VHS. Some of my friends that have went to or is currently attending Lowndes High thinks that VHS students aren't as educated as them, even though i know that they are probably joking, but still. I have to disagree with that because I am a very smart student and I wouldn't want to change to another school for anything. The teachers are great and the students are also cool, I have many friends at VHS. And yeah it's true that we have rodent problems and whatever but hey that's something I can care less about right now. But I have to agree with the person that said that students that haven't passed all 5 parts of the graduation test should still get to walk. alesha c/o '06

Posted May 13, 2005
I disagree with the current policy for graduation, even if a student does not pass the graduation test, they should be allowed to walk with their class. Some student may feel disregarded by their peers if this happens. thank you.

Valdosta High School
3101 N Forrest St, Valdosta, GA  31602
Last modified Valdosta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valdosta High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top