Valdosta, GA

Posted September 28, 2014
My daughter has been at St. John's School since PREK 4 and is now in second grade. She LOVES it! The community is wonderful and she is challenged in curriculum. Highly recommend. We were not from the area and felt very welcomed here.

Posted August 21, 2014
My child has attended St. John through grade school and middle school. The education is rigorous and the standardized test scores show that he is learning a great deal more than the national average. The environment develops kids to be kind, smart, and involved. They have prepared him very well for high school. However, like in all schools, parents need to be aware of their child. Bullyiing can happen anywhere and teachers just are not in touch with how to handle it. Science and Math programs are excellent. Best in town.

Posted August 13, 2014
St. John is a wonderful environment for any child! The curriculum is rigorous, but every person there, from the Principal on down, wants every child who attends St. John to be the very best person they can be. Not just academically, but socially and spirtually as well. My oldest graduated fully prepared for an honors curriculum at the local high school and my youngest are still in school there. Can't say enough good things about it!

Posted April 12, 2014
Our daughter is about to finish Kindergarten this spring. She loves going to St. John, and we have been extremely pleased with the school overall. Although we are not Catholic, our daughter and family feel very comfortable and welcome at St. John. I love the individual and challenging curriculum (the teachers really care about each student and go the extra mile to make sure each student's academic needs are met. For example, our daughter is working on a 2nd grade level. Having had experience with a "we ignore bullying" policy at another local school, I have never heard of or experienced a bullying situation at this school. My husband enjoy the relaxed, welcoming environment and the always open door policy. The parents are great and so are the students. When I asked my daughter what she liked most about St. John's, she answered, "I love my friends, my teachers, and that I get to learn something new everyday." Priceless

Posted November 19, 2009
My younger brother moved to St. John's from a public middle school for more one-on-one attention and a community that would influence him to be a better student. This is what we found and more at St. John's. Not only are the faculty and staff extremely helpful and attentive, they are also genuinely caring individuals. They really do work hard as a team to improve a single student's well being and education. Mrs. Lassiter and her team of teachers do a wonderful job, and I highly recommend this to any parent truly wanting to provide their child the best education offered in Valdosta.

Posted August 09, 2008
Our children attended St. John School for a wonderful 5 years before we were transferred out of state last year. We experienced every grade from K-8th over those years and can highly recommend this school! The standards are high and our children were well prepared when they moved on to their new schools. Our oldest son graduated from 8th grade at SJS and easily transitioned into a rigorous pre-AP high school curriculum. The guidance given in all areas (academic, social, spiritual...) is unsurpassed, especially in the middle school years. The teachers are very accessible to parents. An attitude of caring for each other is cultivated between all grade levels. The icing on the cake is a very involved, supportive, and welcoming group of parents. We hated to leave St. John School! From our family's personal experience, we can without hesitation recommend this school.

Posted September 24, 2007
We just moved to Valdosta from Kansas and found the public schools here very disappointing. We loved the cirriculum at St. John and after we toured the school and met the staff and teachers we were sold. My son is in first grade this year, 11 kids in his class, and has a wonderful experienced teacher. They focus on a superior education with accountability for appropriate moral behavior. We are not Catholic, but found we were welcomed by all. There are many ways for parents to become involved with the school and they encourage you to do so. The parents are also a lot of fun. Tuition is really reasonable considering this is private school. My son is very happy and gets a lot of personal attention not only from his teacher, but other staff members. They already know his name and we are just 2 months into the semester.

Posted June 21, 2007
We have been thoroughly pleased with the education our children have received over the years from St.John School. Students are more than prepared for any highschool they choose.

Posted February 16, 2006
I have really enjoyed having my daughter in school this school. She had never been taken care of anyone outside of our family and they helped her transition seemlessly into a classroom setting. The teachers, teachers aides, and extended day care providers are all wonderful caring professionals. She has learned so many skills and had so many great esperiences at this school. I highly reccommend this school!

St John Catholic School 4

Posted August 12, 2005
This school meets or exceeds the academic standards of the local public schools and exceeds the behavior standards. It has high parent involvement, small classes and a small total enrollment. My child loves it there.

St John Catholic School
800 Gornto Road, Valdosta, GA  31602
Last modified St John Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John Catholic School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top