No rating

Open Bible Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 340 students

We are best known for winning athletic programs.

Living in Valdosta

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $136,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $770.

Posted February 12, 2014

The teachers and staff are all awesome. The best decision we have made thus far in regards to our child's education is sending her to Open Bible. We just enrolled our son for next year too. They offer an awesome Christ centered curriculum. The teachers are all patient and truly care about the children. Every time my daughter has been sick I get a personal email from her teacher, I have a hard time believing you would get that at a public school. The tuition is super reasonable. You will not regret sending your children here.

Posted January 29, 2014

I switched my child to Open Bible Christian school and it has been one of the best decisions that I've made since moving to Valdosta. The third grade teacher is wonderful. A true blessing.

Posted January 26, 2012

Awesome school for anyone who wants an excellent education and christian formation for his child.

Posted April 19, 2010

They have terrific teachers who enjoy and really love the children. You can tell that they are there not only because of a job but because they really love what they do.

Posted October 14, 2009

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!! My son has been there for 2 years and yes there was adjusting that had to be done, but for the first time he was at a school that cared what the kids learned and looked like (no more kids in pj's at school.. unless its PJ Day..lol) The teachers are very helpful when it comes to how to correct some of the things my son is doing wrong (in both our eyes). I am shocked by some of these reviews because my son has had his share of days when he was bad there and I had to go get him (he hit a student (he's 5)) and they were very anti-spacking and gave me helpful ideas and now he no longer does that! This school does that some adjusting esp. when your coming from a public school/daycare where your kid could do whatever they wanted!

Posted June 12, 2009

i love it because the children learn about there savior and who is the real god

Posted January 18, 2009

I think they waist time and have way too much play time for the high school students.

Posted November 16, 2008

Open bible seem to be an ok school at first but my son was not happy.He couldnt be a child and because he didnt want to part with me during the morning,it was told to me that maybe something was wrong with him.My child is a typical toddler and what the school fails to realize is that all children doesnt react in the same way.I have finally started to listen to my child about his feelings and happiness.The school also believes that spanking is the answer to everything !! since i removed my child a change has come within him.He's very happy !!! god knows ive done the right thing.Also i feel that my personal situation what was going on with my child wasnt kept in confidence.Since november 5th a change in attitude has happened!

Posted October 1, 2008

Open Bible School is overall an excellent school. I do not like the unconcerned attitude Mr Smith gives when I go to him for assistance. Most times I call the school in an attempt to contact him he will not speak to me directly. Instead, his staff relays the information. As I parent who pays tution, support school fundrasiers and other activities I am not satisified with his leadership.

Posted August 31, 2008

OBCS Is the BEST school you could ever possibly go to! I have been there for a long time! I just love the teachers and the students! The sports are AWESOME! Especially, the basketball teams, the girls team have won four state championships in a row! Also, the baseball team has won two championships in the past years! So I would never go to a different school, I abolutely love it at this school!

Posted May 22, 2008

The best decision we ever made as parents. We love the education, the teachers, and most of all the hope and encouragement offered through the truthful teaching of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Posted May 12, 2008

As a military family schools are always a scary endevour. We chose OBCS after careful review of local Public & Private schools. Their teachers are loving & well equipped.The school is organized and friendly and the tution and fee's are very reasonable. OBCS offers parents the opportunity to be involved in our childrens education. We love OBCS and will greatly miss it after we move.

Posted May 8, 2008

open bible has touched my heart and has helped me in lift to see Gods goodness everyday. attending this school is one of the best things to ever happen to me and i will never forget how much this school loved me. i will do anything for this school and may God continue to bless it.

Posted April 17, 2008

I have sent my daughter there for 3 years. The pre-k 4 teachers are great sfter that they down hill. My daughter is in the 1st grade there they are constently asking for donations and sharing school supplies that i bought for my child. I recently recieved a letter stating that because i did not give enough to the chuch i.E. Dues, that i would no longer recieve my 25% discount, see at obcs if you are a church member you get a school dicount. No one ever called to see if everything was okay. We are not rich but everyone there assumes because you go there you are. A big dissapointment!

Posted April 12, 2008

Our son has attended OBCS for several years now. We had a horrible experience with Dewar and sought out a quality alternative. We found it in OBCS!! Every teacher we have met enjoys teaching and enjoys the children! Mr. Smith is always walking about keeping tabs on the kids and making sure everything runs well, unlike public school if i have an issue i can take it directly to him or Mrs Joy and have it resolved quickly, no red tape, no beaureaucrats, just quality education, given by quality educators!

Posted December 15, 2007

Most of the teachers are sweet and are good influences on the kids.

Posted August 2, 2007

I love obcs because they have nice teachers. In 7th grade u can try out for Cheerleading,Baseball,Basketball,Softball,and Soccer.I been going to obcs for 1 year.I love it there and i have my friends there too.

Posted April 5, 2007

I have to say I've been at Open Bible since I was in K-4 and everyday is a learning experience. Yes we have smaller classes than a normal school, but that doesn't effect what goes on everyday. I play basketball and my coaches are just not looked upon as coaches. They listen, give good advice and pray for me. And that is why I love them so much. STATECHAMPS! Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to go to a different school but then I remember I have friends here that I've known since elementary. Their are so many opportunities to learn and to have fun. I have two more years till I graduate but I can guarantee you that I will make everyday a day my class will always remember.

Posted February 16, 2007

I've attended Open Bible since I was in first grade, and I absolutely love it. I have great friends, and great teachers. There is always something going on and a million ways to get involved in the school. There is something for everyone to do. We have cheerleading, basketball, softball, baseball, soccer, and a lot of fine arts programs like chorus, solos, ensembles, there are some speaking catagories i don't know what to call, and a lot of other categories too. The atmosphere is wonderful. I always feel welcomed and loved. The academics are great, I absolutely love my science classes, I've never had so much fun learning and no one has made it so simple to learn either.

Posted December 11, 2006

My daughter attended Pre-K 4 here and it was 'okay.' My daughter was bored and frustrated and learned very, very little. When we complained mid-year, my daughter magically developed sudden behavior problems! The only thing she enjoyed was Chapel, and the Christmas program, and I was encouraged to particpate in classroom projects. She is now in public school, attending gifted class and accelerated reading and is much happier.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation Valdosta State University
University of Georgia
Georgia Military College
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Arts & music

• College prep programs/courses during the year
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • Community college courses

• Peter D. Smith
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (229) 244-1687

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Arts & music

Music
  • Choir / Chorus

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Valdosta State University
College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions

3992 North Oak Street Extension