K-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am a former parent who had four children attending this school. Their teachers and staff are amazing and instill a love of learning into all the children who pass through the doors. It is a perfect fit for children who need a little more encouragement or attention than traditional schools can offer, or for a child who needs more enrichment because they are bored with public school. There is no bullying, no belittling, no getting left behind. They use a mastery program which requires a student to master a task before they can move on to the next topic so no essential skills are missed because they were not able to catch on fast enough. They offer one-on-one instruction when necessary, and offer additional curriculum for enrichment when necessary. We are eternally grateful for the time we lived in Valdosta and will forever be a part of our family.

Both of my children have been at this school for over 3 yrs now and it has been such a blessing. The teachers (Mrs Avila & Mrs.Burt) had such a wonderful impact on my kids and I can't thank them enough. Eventhough I don't agree with a few things that have been tought there I realize that I won't find a perfect school for my children. Lighthouse is a great school striving for excellence with a loving heart for God.

My son was involved in a car accident his K year and spent the last two years getting adjusted to his wheelchair that he suffered academically in public schools. After placing him in LCS his grades have accelerated and his attitude as well. He gets one on one when needed and I'm proud to say that this was the best decision my husband and I could have made. Thanks Lighthouse Faculty and Staff

I am a former student also and I am unhappy with the education I received. If you let your child go there they will learn about God, but nothing else. I can't get into a good college because of going to this school. It was the worst mistake my parents ever made!

Last modified Lighthouse Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12