Valdosta, GA

Posted November 29, 2013
My children have only been attending this school for a year now and they absolutely hate it! Iam extremely dissatisfied with our experience overall. With the exception of a few, this has to be the most negative school staff I have ever encountered. I honestly don't understand how anyone is comfortable with this school. My children are literally begging me to change their school and I am strongly considering it.

Dewar Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2013
My daughter has been going to Dewar since Kindergarten and up until this year we loved it. The staff and teachers are great. This year there has been a huge lack of communication with the parents. We often don't find out about things until the day before, if at all. You now have to sign your child in as tardy at 7:55, but school doesn't start until 8am, so I'm not sure how 7:55 is tardy! We, the parents have been told we can not go to our child's class for any reason. I understand the need for security, but really. I am glad we are moving this summer or I would be looking to transfer my kids to another school!

Posted November 12, 2010
From the principal to the cleaning crew, everyone at this school is all about helping the children. The teachers we've been assigned have been amazing in their approach to teaching and in their ability to relate to the children in their class. Parental involvement is great at the school - a lot of parents work with the teachers on special classroom projects, classroom presentations, or school activities.

Posted November 12, 2010
I read through some of these reviews and couldn't disagree more with those who thought Dewar had low teacher morale. These teachers are phenomenal! They have great attitudes and really make learning fun for each of our three children. Terrific communication between the teacher and the parents in all of our classrooms. The principal and AP always have time to talk about an issue, and will make time if the situation warrants it. I've asked each of the teachers that were assigned my children what I could do to help - some needed help, while others have said they would contact me if they needed it. Very challenging academics - I saw a 2nd grade class last week (not my child's class) doing science experiments on the playground!! Amazing teachers, great leadership, and fun learning all at one school

Dewar Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
Dewar Elementary is an awesome community that I treasure to send my kids to! The teachers and overall staff is one to be getting so many applaud's! Beth Lind does a fantastic job in being a leader for that school! She has the patience of Job! My chidren love their teachers adn the overall experience has been fabulous!

Posted April 24, 2010
Teachers and staff are very involved and helpful.Children actually look forward to each school day with the activities which are planned

Posted March 11, 2010

Posted May 27, 2009
Who could ask for more? My son has gone to Dewar since Pre-K and is now going into the 3rd grade. I have felt nothing but welcome and the teachers and staff are WONDERFUL!! The teachers welcome parent involvement and do as much as they can to make learning FUN. I am so glad the kids are allowed to have fun (within reason) and talk during lunch. unlike some schools . They have to be still and quiet during class, They need a little outlet. I would reccomend Dewar to anyone looking for a GREAT school.

Dewar Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2009

Posted March 20, 2009

Dewar Elementary School
3539 Mount Zion Church Rd, Valdosta, GA  31605
Last modified Dewar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dewar Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top