Villa Rica High School

Public | 9-12

Posted July 19, 2013

I graduated from Villa Rica a few years ago. There were many problems, but none were major. The school is very average. I had all honors and AP classes, so I was not as exposed to as much primitive behavior as some of my peers. I would just like to say, VRHS has an impeccable honors/AP program, for the kids who want to excel in life and get a jump start on college. They give you an opportunity to gain college and high school credit, while still enrolled in high school. I graduated with honors, with zero complaints. Your experience here is what you make it. If you have a negative attitude, you're most likely going to have a terrible time here. It's not conformity, it's self-awareness. Ignore the rants and raves and internet drama and focus on your studies and a few good friends and you will have a terrific time in high school. Last but not least, Cindy Hardegree was a blessing. Her rigorous teaching style and her Cornell notes still aide me today in college. Enroll your child in her class, you'll be doing them a favor! She's by FAR one of the best teachers, if not the best, teacher at Villa Rica High School. She's also one of the most caring people you'll ever meet.

Posted September 28, 2010

VRHS is always trying to improve itself in every way. That is very important.

Posted April 2, 2010

Well Villa Rica High School is a good school Im a senior there and the teachers are always willing to help and soem principals try to help you stay out of trouble and work with you alot but I cant complain because my four has been some good and bad times but the good always outweigh the bad

Posted January 29, 2010

I am a Senior at this school. I see a few problems with the school but overall its a great school the people here are nice there are a few people that didn't recieve the correct discipline when they were younger and its not there fault. Most of the teachers do what they can to help you. They help out alot for your next step in life. This senior year has not been good at all. We haven't done much this year the only thing that we did was the motorcade and then we got in trouble for that. The school really needs to be rebuilt and more time to get to calsses. might also help if we moved to block schedual. The county complains about our dress code but they never brag about our test scores.

Posted January 19, 2010

1/19/10 I currently attend Villa Rica High School. I truthfully believe that most of the problems are not to blame on the faculty, but on the students and their parents. Its time that parents take responsibility for shaping their children just as much as schools do, even more. Yes there are some problems, but the overall education is excellent. The discipline for fighting is mandatory jail time, which has lowered the fights to a very low number. We are currently proposing a dress code because the parents are not able to dress their children in the right manner to learn. Villa Rica High is an above average school, which gets midjudge because of their lack of money and ability to fund their programs better. I ask you to see what work a real student does in Villa Rica. I bet you cannot answer every question that I do every day.

Posted December 1, 2009

i used to go to this school and i like it alot. the only reason i dont go any more is beacuse we moved. most of the reviews are right. the sports there are excellent though. your not going to find a perfect school but villa rica is far from it. there are alot of fights at this school but it has gotton alot better since i was there. this school may have money problems but its not anything that will harm your childs education your kids can skip very easily at this school, in the gym is where alot of kids used to go. i dont know about that now but i know thats how it was when i was enrollled there. no negative feelings against this school just wanted to express my opiniuon. thanks!

Posted November 22, 2009

I am a sophomore at Villa Rica High School and the school is great. It may have discipline problems (name me a high school who doesn t) but overall the teachers really try and help as much as they can so you wont fail. The principle is retarded but other than that what you see is what you get. The school is old, and most of the time dirty and stinky but its been around FOREVER! The only complaint is they don t enforce the tobacco free policy( the gym is dip spit/bottles heaven) and you only have 4 minutes to get from class to class and teachers do count you tardy and will give you iss/oss. It s darn near impossible to get from the 300hall to the trailers in 4 minutes. But other than that my 2 years at VRHS has been mostly smiles.

Posted October 21, 2009

I moved my kids here this year and they are usually straight A students but ever since they have been here they have been failing and skipping class. The school is bad at contacting parents on things like this. I am disappointed at this school and i think they can do better.

Posted October 20, 2009

My kids moved from Central to Villa Rica High, and I think VRH is excellent. The administrators are not egomaniacs that enjoy bullying and picking on students. They actually care about them. When you email a teacher you get a prompt response, and can always expect resolution. You can always expect a response from the counselors also. At Central it took an act of Congress just to get them to return your call. In my opinion they lacked compassion for the students, and they were cold and uncaring. Mrs. Tidaback rocks! She goes above and beyond to make sure the students succeed. Students respect her because they know they can't pull one over on her. She takes time to understand their obstacles, and plans the path for them that best suits their needs. Room doesn't allow for more comments that are a stark contrast to all the rumors I heard.

Posted October 19, 2009

To the last review,you blame Villa Rica High School for your son being a problem Thug? Wow,I am so glad you took that problem out!!! Villa Rica is not perfect but I have no problems with the school.If you have an average student,they will receive an above average education.If you have a student in all AP classes then they will do well.Villa Rica has a Great Honors program if you have a student that wants a good pre college core education.

Posted October 8, 2009

My son just started villa rica high school in august of this year.I wouldnt suggest this school to any parent! my son has skipped 2-3 classes a day almost everyday since he started,and it took them 6 weeks to inform us of it,and the student body has a very insufficient conduct code as my son has been allowed to hang all over girls. I withdrew him,and even after that they let him attend school the very next day! parents you might as well send your child on spring break it is equal to villa rica high school!

Posted September 30, 2009

I currently attend Villa Rica High School and I think it is sufficient, not extremely excellent. I have all honors and AP classes so I don't see much of the violence or behavior issues. Also, I have had nothing but the best when it comes to my teachers. If your child is in honors classes, there is absolutely nothing to worry about at VRHS.

Posted September 4, 2009

I think his school is awesome! granted its my first year in any high school i still think its a great learining enviorment... Our school may be old but that just means it has way more character that the other schools :)

Posted March 28, 2009

If you don't care about how your child looks or acceptable behavior...send them to Villa Rica. They are 'gung ho' on team spirit but not on forming the individual as a whole. Discipline is selective and not across the board. What good is an education do if they are not developed to network in the world and not just Villa Rica?

Posted March 3, 2009

Well first of all, my son's teachers seem to care about him. They sat up times for conference on what we all can do to help my son. These teachers have alot on their plates. They need support from the parents and guardians, but this doesn't mean not to stand by your child. The school needs a face lift and landscaping. Wondering where the lottery money is going. It doesn't seem like the schools are getting the money. Keep up the great work.

Posted May 19, 2008

I currently attend this school, i graduate this friday. This school has really bad discipline problems, and none of the rules are enforced, especially not the dress code. This school needs help real bad, as far as appearence goes. The teachers are there for you but do not teach effectively. I would not allow my children to attend this high school.

Posted May 1, 2007

Well, judging by the grammar used by the students in their remarks below, you can see part of what is wrong with Villa Rica High. I haven't had too much trouble with this school, and my only real complaint is the appearance. It appears as though no tax dollars go into this school at all. The grass is 3 feet high in some places, trash is all over the ground and watch out that you don't step in chewing tobacco spit. There is grime on some of the windows that appears to have been there since 1970! I get so embarased when our family members go on campus for sporting events. Hey, I could go on and on. Academically, my son is doing pretty good, so I can't complain there.

Posted March 11, 2007

This school is horrible. My niece attends this school whom I have custody of and we have had a horrible experience. They do not give you any feedback about your child. Getting anything from them is like pulling teeth. The school also has horrible safety issues.

Posted September 2, 2005

I currently attend this school and I think that this school is pretty good school because it's a great enviornment and I'd have to say from when I stated to school here. From what I knew to what I know now. It's like I am a whole new person. It's just a big happy family here.

Posted August 22, 2003

I attended this school and it was the best. I had friends come from other schools and go there and they said it is harder but there teachers are there for you. I believe that this school and the teachers have made me what i am going to do in the future. The teachers are very nice understanding and pushes you to exceed in anything you do. The teachers that i had while i was in school there made a major influence on me and have made me want to be a teacher and help others.
—Submitted by a former student

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

284 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

283 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

282 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

282 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2009

Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

301 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

437 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

324 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

410 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

43 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

415 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

474 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

129 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

600 Rocky Branch Rd