Villa Rica, GA
Students enrolled: 1,469

Posted August 15, 2014
I am a current senior at VRHS, and the school has been making great strides at improving itself since I've been here. It's gained a new gym, band room, and freshman academy just in the last four years. The band has grown to be a great program for everyone, thanks to the new band director. The biggest problem with this school, I would say, is the students themselves. Many of them are totally unwilling to follow the rules or to learn, and they like to run all over the teachers. Otherwise I'd say that this school is very above average and offers students many opportunities to succeed, as long as they are willing to stay involved.

Villa Rica High School 3

Posted July 19, 2013
I graduated from Villa Rica a few years ago. There were many problems, but none were major. The school is very average. I had all honors and AP classes, so I was not as exposed to as much primitive behavior as some of my peers. I would just like to say, VRHS has an impeccable honors/AP program, for the kids who want to excel in life and get a jump start on college. They give you an opportunity to gain college and high school credit, while still enrolled in high school. I graduated with honors, with zero complaints. Your experience here is what you make it. If you have a negative attitude, you're most likely going to have a terrible time here. It's not conformity, it's self-awareness. Ignore the rants and raves and internet drama and focus on your studies and a few good friends and you will have a terrific time in high school. Last but not least, Cindy Hardegree was a blessing. Her rigorous teaching style and her Cornell notes still aide me today in college. Enroll your child in her class, you'll be doing them a favor! She's by FAR one of the best teachers, if not the best, teacher at Villa Rica High School. She's also one of the most caring people you'll ever meet.

Posted September 28, 2010
VRHS is always trying to improve itself in every way. That is very important.

Villa Rica High School 1

Posted April 16, 2010

Posted April 02, 2010
Well Villa Rica High School is a good school Im a senior there and the teachers are always willing to help and soem principals try to help you stay out of trouble and work with you alot but I cant complain because my four has been some good and bad times but the good always outweigh the bad

Posted January 29, 2010
I am a Senior at this school. I see a few problems with the school but overall its a great school the people here are nice there are a few people that didn't recieve the correct discipline when they were younger and its not there fault. Most of the teachers do what they can to help you. They help out alot for your next step in life. This senior year has not been good at all. We haven't done much this year the only thing that we did was the motorcade and then we got in trouble for that. The school really needs to be rebuilt and more time to get to calsses. might also help if we moved to block schedual. The county complains about our dress code but they never brag about our test scores.

Posted January 19, 2010
1/19/10 I currently attend Villa Rica High School. I truthfully believe that most of the problems are not to blame on the faculty, but on the students and their parents. Its time that parents take responsibility for shaping their children just as much as schools do, even more. Yes there are some problems, but the overall education is excellent. The discipline for fighting is mandatory jail time, which has lowered the fights to a very low number. We are currently proposing a dress code because the parents are not able to dress their children in the right manner to learn. Villa Rica High is an above average school, which gets midjudge because of their lack of money and ability to fund their programs better. I ask you to see what work a real student does in Villa Rica. I bet you cannot answer every question that I do every day.

Villa Rica High School 5

Posted December 21, 2009

Villa Rica High School 2

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted December 01, 2009
i used to go to this school and i like it alot. the only reason i dont go any more is beacuse we moved. most of the reviews are right. the sports there are excellent though. your not going to find a perfect school but villa rica is far from it. there are alot of fights at this school but it has gotton alot better since i was there. this school may have money problems but its not anything that will harm your childs education your kids can skip very easily at this school, in the gym is where alot of kids used to go. i dont know about that now but i know thats how it was when i was enrollled there. no negative feelings against this school just wanted to express my opiniuon. thanks!

Villa Rica High School
600 Rocky Branch Rd, Villa Rica, GA  30180
Last modified Villa Rica High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Villa Rica High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top