Northside High School

Public | 9-12

Posted September 15, 2009

My daughter went to this school and loved it, and all the traditions that come with it. Now, my son has entered 9th grade and he too absolutely loves Northside, and all the traditions. This is a great school, with so much to offer every child, no matter what their strengths are. The faculty and staff are beyond great, and so is the school itself. I can't say enough great things about this terrific school. Go Eagles!

Posted August 11, 2009

I never realized how much I truely appreciated Northside High School until I moved out of state. NHS has so much school spirit its unbelievable! The students really are more unified than the school I'm at now. If I could have one wish, it would definitely be for me to graduate a Northside High School Eagle:).

Posted April 5, 2009

I love Northside High School. It's one of the best high schools in houston county. I am a varsity cheerleader there and I am in the 9th grade. Northside is a place where they except everybody.over all its a great school

Posted May 13, 2008

Great School, Excellent Teachers. An overabundance of extracurricular activities are available.

Posted January 29, 2008

This is the jewel in the county. You folks keep buying houses south of 96, dealing with the traffic and too many people. Meanwhile, my kids will thrive in the wonderful school northside high with the best of traditions! Go big blue!

Posted December 9, 2007

I am a NHS graduate who is fortunate enough to now have a son attending NHS. He loves the school, the teachers, and the extracurricular activites. He likes that the school is diverse. He respects the principal, Dr. Hines, and the coaches. Because of the great teachers and coaches at NHS, he's been able to play basketball, football, and baseball, been involved in FCA and Ultimate frisbee, and maintains good grades, while preparing for college. NHS is the best school anywhere!

Posted November 13, 2007

I went to northside when i was a teen,and now that all my teen go to northside i am very happy. i know they are learning well and having fun with all the activties. i make sure we really go to all the football game....How about them eagles??

Posted November 10, 2007

I love Northside High... how bout them eagles??

Posted November 1, 2007

I am a freshmen at Northside High School and I love it at this school. It is the best school, anytime, and anywhere. I love to be an eagle and everytime I see eagle spirit items I work hard for my mom to get them for me.I am crazy over Northside.Currently,Northside is Undefeated and that is a good thing.I love the

Posted October 5, 2007

my daughter now goes to northside high and I am delighted that she could attend such a school. A lot has changed since I graduated from there in 1989. I really think the teachers do a wonderful job and the extra-curricular activities are the best. They are 2006 state champions in one act, literary and most importantly, football. Its Great to be an Eagle!

Posted September 28, 2007

All three of my children has attended both WR and NS high schools and I can personally say that NSH has more to offer per student. Be it in academic, after school activities or student teacher relation not to mention a wide extracurricular activity. My daughter is now a junior at NSH taking AP classes which her counselors, teachers recommended which is a good sign that the faculty are skilled in identifying student s potential. Drive around to each HS in WR including HCH on a Saturday and see for yourself which one is open. NSH teachers take out time of their weekend to be with the students not for academic but for all kinds of school and student projects which help so much in developing your child sense of worth. I wouldn't have her attend no other HS. Now for The Principal Dr. Hines just one word describes him AWESOME.

Posted September 14, 2007

My kids have wouldn't go anywhere else. The teachers are very helpful and welcome any parent involvment.

Posted July 12, 2007

I have a daughter that graduated from NHS and has excelled to great expectation thanks to the wonderful caring, encouraging and teaching staff. She scored very high on her SAT and she is enjoying college life, however, The Girl s Basketball system is not that good. If you want your daughter to excel in basketball, this may not be the right place because of favoritism, if you are not from around here your daughter s playing time is very slim. I was surprised to see seniors playing on a JV so that the coach can bring in up coming freshman so they can play on Varsity. Overall this is a good school.

Posted May 25, 2007

I had 2 children graduate from northside high. Both my children have excelled post high school. The administration and teachers are the best. It really is great to be a northside eagel

Posted January 7, 2007

i go to nshs now and it is the best school ever the way the teachers at nshs help u is great.My grades have been way better. i went from a low c student at hoco to a high B student now.one of the best things about the school is there spirt....thats what there mostly know for.

Posted December 16, 2006

My daughter graduated from NHS in 2005 and went on to college. My son will graduate in 2008. I have nothing but praise for this High School and it's faculty. Keep up the good work.

Posted March 16, 2006

My son is a senior this at NHS and I am very pleased with the education he has received at NHS. My son has a learning disability/ADD and he has had nothing but support from the teachers and staff at NHS. He participated in football, track and clubs at NHS. The teachers and staff go out of their way to support the students. They encourage the students and help the students to be recognize for their success due to their hard work. My son attended all four years at NHS and I am very happy with the education he received. His goal is to be a physcial therapist/Youth Minister & NHS has laid the ground work for him to succeed. Thank you teachers and staff of Northside High School.

Posted January 10, 2006

My son graduated from Northside in 2001. He told me that he was well prepared for college after leaving NHS. I think that NHS teachers and administrators do a great job in preparing their students for higher education.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 26, 2005

NHS is a good school considering it's an 'Inner city school'. The black/white ratio isn't balanced with all the other high schools which gives NHS a lower rating due to economic incomes. The 'richer' schools seem to get more up to date equipment and technology due to their higher learning skills and financial support of richer families. The HCBE uses NHS as the school for low income families.

Posted February 8, 2005

This school is academically challenged. The SAT scores for the country are below the state average and this high school is the lowest of all the high schools. I pulled my child from public education and enrolled him into a private school. The demeanor of my child changed 180 degrees upon moving him into a private school.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

374 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

366 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

372 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

372 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2009

Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

319 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

469 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

399 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

469 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

465 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

183 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

404 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

394 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

369 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

• Greg Peavy
Fax number
  • (478) 929-7813

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

926 Green St