Warner Robins Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted December 27, 2010

The school has excellent teachers. They keep the students in their places most of the time. The principal is awesome. He helped with everything. I was in honors and regular ed had to come in and they diidn't know what we were talking about so i can say it has good programs. It has good leadership. To me it was great. Great people and everything

Posted May 6, 2010

I am sick of the violence at this school! I get picked on alot and I am not even giving people a reason to pick on me. I think Dr. Warren could be doing a little bit better, but that's just coming from a kid. I also don't have much say in my classes. I am going to private school next year just to get away from the violence!

Posted April 5, 2010

I agree with the parent that posted the April 3, 2010 comment. The violence in this school has to do with the overall culture of the students that attend this school and bulleying that goes unchecked. Much of the bulleying is seen as 'no big deal', but in often times escalates to much worse! Incidentally, this is certainly not the only school that 'sweeps' improper conduct and violation of school and board policies under the rug. The blame for much of that, rests with the members of the Board of Education and the Superintendent of Schools ultimately. The retirement of the current School Superintendent will be a plus to this county's system; however, if the next Superintendent is from within, which appears it will be, the many challenges in the school system will only be perpetuated. 'Conflicts of interest' must vanish from HOCO Schools!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 3, 2010

The level of student to student violence at this school prompted me to pull my child out of public school and place in to a private school. The administrative staff at the school and at the board were impotent to establish a plan or policy to deal with the violence. On more than one occasion the results of this violence were swept under the rug and hidden from parents and the community.

Posted February 26, 2010

i luv warner robins im in sixth grade and its the best dr.warren and mr.andrew are so nice they really help

Posted November 3, 2009

So far so good, My son is in 6th grade and he loves the school. The teachers are very nice and caring. They communicate well when needed. Nov 2009

Posted July 23, 2009

I have been very pleased with the school. I am a former WRMS student. We had 2 problems with other kids but Dr. Warren and Dr. Leach took care of quickly. As far as the comment goes from the other parent on this page about the school doesnt help with self esteem, that might be a part of the parenting skills too. I try to participate in all the open houses, extra things the teachers do for the students and for some reason not too many parents attend. Like math night, science night...extra little classes. I have been happy with the teachers and I have their emails to stay in touch and have always had quick response from them. My daughter LOVES the school!!!

Posted April 14, 2009

This school is the epitome of a garbage school. This is a waste of tax dollars, and a huge disgrace to the potentially outstanding students who are forced to attend because of zoning and/or lack of money to attend private. There is no accountability for teachers, and there is no support system for a child with low self-esteem. I am relocating for the sole purpose of sending my child elsewhere. If you can-- you should do the same.

Posted January 15, 2009

I had an Honors student in WRMS for 2 yrs and was pleased with the program. The teachers were available if she needed tutoring and I felt the workload challenged her. I keep a line of communication going with the teachers all year, they know me and I know them. I have the same relationship with the principals and it makes a huge difference. I don't wait until there's a problem to contact a teacher or the principal. I did have some issues with some of the teachers she did have, and I handled it with the teacher & the principal so they know I am a no- nonsense parent and the rest of the year was fine. I now have another child starting WRMS and am looking forward to it. Be an involved parent and it will make a difference!!

Posted October 8, 2008

I, personally, do not care for much of the faculty at WRMS, nor the WRMS principal. This is the 4th year that I have had children at WRMS. In those four years, very few of the teachers I have spoken with seemed to have my child's best interest in mind. If my children were not bound by school zones, I would certainly transfer them to a different school!

Posted August 2, 2008

i attend wrms.and as a student i think this school rocks.=] the teachers are great and the involvement from the staff is even better. when people say that the parents arent involed people look at the teachers and the principla and blame it on them but its the parnets fault.everyone there trys their hardest to to do whatever they can to make the school one of the best in warener robins ga. sincerly....some 8th grader...

Posted February 28, 2006

Giving break detention for every little thing is too much. Teachers need to pick there battles and not give break detention for every little thing they do wrong. Tried to get teachers to communicate with me when my child acts up but they wouldn't call me. Seems in middle school my daughter had discipline problems there but somehow they disappear in high school. She did not change her attitude but high school teachers seem to know how to handle students better.

Posted July 18, 2005

Our son is an upcoming 8th grader at WRMS. My husband and I have been very pleased with the quality of education he's achieved in at Warner Robins Middle. We are also very, very pleased with the support we receive from his 7th grade team of teachers (especially Ms. Bembry, his Science teacher) and most of all the administration. Kudos, Dr. Warren and Mrs. Cooper! Keep up the magnificent work!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 1, 2005

I feel the school has done an great job; with their students.I also feel they have put up with a 'great deal of nonsense from the parents in some cases'.I give them an A+ for the misshaps they have to go through each year. I feel that if you allow them to their job without every parents ruinous behavior;They do a wonderful job. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK. I do not know how you people can deal with such beleaguering behavior. Yours Truly, Quinita Jackson

Posted March 15, 2005

I have 2 boys attending Warner Robins Middle School. One is in 6th grade, the other is in 7th. I have found the extent of parent involvement lax. I have had to attend several conferences for both of my children to beg for parental involvement. Both of my children entered this school with A's and B's. My 6th grader is now making f's, when he started in honors. My 7th grader is now making C's when he entered the school, he had only A's and B's. The Principal seems to be very 'aggressive' in his communications with both my children and me.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 92% in 2013.

282 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 96% in 2013.

282 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 93% in 2013.

254 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 90% in 2013.

256 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 95% in 2013.

258 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 85% in 2013.

264 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 83% in 2013.

264 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 94% in 2013.

216 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

215 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 97% in 2013.

216 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

220 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 78% in 2013.

218 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 82% in 2012.

243 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2009

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

• Donald Warren
Fax number
  • (478) 929-7834

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Note: Data provided by school administrators and community.
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Sports

Girls sports
  • Cheerleading
  • Cross country
  • Track
Note: Data provided by school administrators and community.
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

425 Mary Ln