Shirley Hills Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2014
I love Shirley Hills Elem. for the past three years my children have learned. My son's teacher help build his confidence with reading. My husband enjoys the father daughter dance each year. The teachers do an amazing job. Shirley Hills have an awesome principal who is always there when you have an issue that needs to be addressed.

Shirley Hills Elementary School 1

Posted November 26, 2013
This school is so bad my child home school too next year. It has worse .I'm obligated to. too bad the school system . My child has lived for violence in school.Unresolved complaints to. for this school stuff and especially principel ( hugeee 0 ) no star does not deserve. wellcome to the school violence area.

Shirley Hills Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2013
My cild has attended SHES from Pre-K through 2nd grade. The teachers at SHES work harder than any I have ever seen. They not only love the children, but they feel 100% responsible for their success. As an educator and parent, I can say that this school is not very "warm and fuzzy", BUT the children experience REAL learning. Many of the students at this school are from low-income families where both parents work, so there is not a lot of parent involvement, and many of the children come to school without knowing how to read. However, children make real, positive, and long-lasting connections with the teachers at SHES as they learn how to become successful students. The school's technology is currently being updated with new computers. There are SMART boards in every classroom, and the media specialist ensures that lessons, technology, and books are kept up to date. The principal is not very warm. She is exactly as described in the other comments on this site. She creates an institutional atmosphere where most of the faculty are miserable, but, they make the best of it, and they don't transfer any negativity to the children.

Shirley Hills Elementary School 2

Posted May 03, 2013
My son has attended this school for 3 years, prek-1 grade. This school is so bad that I am now pulling him out to home school him next year. It has progressivly gotten worse and I dont want to see how bad it gets next year. The facility is old and falling apart, which makes me think they dont know how to budget for updates and repairs. I dont care if the school is blue ribbon or not, to me that just means they were able to fudge the numbers enough to look good. The principal and many of the staff think they know what is best for your children and parents should keep quiet. My son tells me how they watch tv almost everyday, yet only get about 30 minutes total reccess time. Students are not taught the basics, such as spelling, but are still expected to know how to do it. Students are unable to participate in celebrations if thier attendence is not meet requirements, even if the missed days are due to illness or family death and have been exused. I strongley recommend that you do not live in this school district if at all possible.

Shirley Hills Elementary School 5

Posted March 10, 2012
We might be moving to this area and we are from the north. What is the best elementary school and area that we should look at ? The school that we are currently at is top notch and not familier with the area at all in georgia

Shirley Hills Elementary School 3

Posted February 28, 2012
We recently moved here from out of state. I am a little disappointed with the school in the sense that it seems as though they aren't really "on top of things". Compared to the school my kids used to attend, this school doesn't seem to be as academically challenging- both of my children are very intelligent, but it scared me a little when my youngest child's teacher (Kindergarten), was shocked that he could read. 90% of his class in the school we moved from could read... And my older child isn't really being challenged at all- even the gifted program seems like "fluff"- Not sure that this school is a good fit for us. And as far as the discipline goes... The first week of school, I was in awe. I heard children of all ages cursing at each other, pushing, shoving, hitting, and being disrespectful in general. And there are a lot of high school and middle school kids that loiter out front, supposedly waiting to walk their younger siblings home, but about 50% of them are just hanging out with their friends.

Shirley Hills Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2011
as far as the going outside weather permited, not always true, because he tells me about watching tv when it is sunny, and dry. The principal i have seen get in a parents face, the first year my child was there, acting all ghetto. She may do what she is suppose to, but she should be nice, and setting an example for the kids. She has never once spoken to me, even after i said hello to her. The school does what is has to, i dont see any "excellence" or trying to go above and beyond. That is based on my experience

Shirley Hills Elementary School 5

Posted May 10, 2011
The principal does what she is supposed to do. She runs the school, handles day to day problems, hires and manages the staff, works to maintain a high academic standard, controls the budget, and gets to know the kids. My kids love Dr. Jackson. She may not always be warm and fuzzy but she is an awesome principal. Our test scores are rated 9 out of 10. Most schools can't say that. We are higher than the state average. The school started installing SMART boards in all the classes which has really improved teaching methods and opportunities to use the internet and interactive lessons for entire classes. I know that afterschool care takes the kids to the playground everday weather permitting. The kids can also do homework or visit with other kids. Watching TV is just oe option. Budgets are tight everywhere and yes there is room for improvement. But overall it is a great school with a caring staff.

Shirley Hills Elementary School 2

Posted November 14, 2009
I believe that the teachers at this school are probably qualified. But performance here is not good. My son deserves more than this.

Shirley Hills Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2009
The teachers here seem to care. But that is not enough apparently. Kids rule the school here and the lack of discipline here has really made things go downhill.

Shirley Hills Elementary School
300 Mary Ln, Warner Robins, GA  31088
Last modified Shirley Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shirley Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top