Warner Robins, GA

Miller Elementary School 5

Posted August 01, 2014
I have four children attending Miller right now. It is a diverse mix of students and staff and gives kids a realistic view of what our society is today. I love it that my children have friends of all backgrounds, Asian, Black, White, Latino, etc.. I also appreciate that that for the past two years they have had a teacher win student of the year. It may not be the newest and have all the bells & whistles some of the other school have but they more make up for it in the staff and educators that they have. Proud that my children are Miller Rockets.

Posted April 12, 2014
I have two children who attend this school, one in Kindergarten and one in the 1st grade gifted class. I am very pleased with both of the teachers, especially with how involved my daughter s K teacher gets with her students. She has taken her time not only in school, but out of class and even on the weekends to attend special events to connect with her students and parents. If this world had more teachers like her, our children would get a better start to learning. At the beginning of the year my daughter could barely recognize her letters and is now reading short stories. I could never get her to focus at home long enough to learn. And not to leave out my son s teacher, she is so great with him. He s now coming home reading chapter books with hundreds of pages in them and over the year has developed a love of reading and learning. He s always learning new experiments online and his teacher allows him to conduct and explain the experiment in class, helping foster his love of learning. I couldn't have asked for two better teachers s to fit my children s personalities.

Posted May 20, 2013
My grand nephew attend Miller Elementary. He is in the kindergarten. His 2 teachers are very committed to the education and growth of their students. My grand nephew has excelled in every subject due to the dedication and caring from his teachers. I volunteer in his class occasionally. The teachers make me feel very welcome. Mrs. Goetz and Mrs. Whitehead are to be commended for their hard work. I challenge all parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles to become more involved with their children's education. Teachers can not do it alone

Posted March 29, 2012
No understanding of Special Education. Testing of children without permission of the parents and then hiding the results - hindered the progress of my child. SAD

Posted September 18, 2008
I was very nervous about having my two children attend Miller after reading these reviews. Fortunately, my husband and I took it upon ourselves to contact the Vice Principal of Instruction and discuss our concerns. Both children were placed with wonderful teachers. Principal PK has been friendly and helpful, and there will be a return of a PTO and several after school clubs and activities. Having volunteered in the Media Center, I have seen concern for the children from both staff and teachers throughout the day. I do believe Miller is on the up swing. Instead of complaining about its faults, lets all do something to help this institution give our children the best education it can give.

Miller Elementary School 5

Posted May 20, 2008

Posted April 01, 2008

Posted April 25, 2006
As a teacher who has been in the education field for over 30 years, I can say that Miller is an excellent school. The principal is a person who truly has the well-being and best interest of all students as her number one priority. She believes in the students and expects the teachers to put forth their best effort to help our students succeed. Parents are encouraged to be involved in the learning process and are always welcome as long as their presence does not interfere with the learning process and safety of all students. Parents are encouraged to serve as tutors, volunteers and mentors.

Posted April 20, 2006
My daughter currently attends Miller Elementary. This school year she is in the first grade and has attended Miller since her pre-k year. I have had nothing but problems since enrolling her in the school. The teachers are allowed to say whatever it is they want to parents and students. Teachers are backed up by the principle.

Posted March 09, 2006
I have two children attending Miller this year, and so far I have been far from impressed. I have never been made to feel welcome in my son's class. I'm rarely if ever even acknowledged. That's not to say that there are not some wonderful staff members there. The one's who go out of there way to make up for those who don't. Namely B.J., Mrs. Mueller, Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Johnson). The lunchroom, which I visit at least once a week, is an experience I would not inflict on anyone. If you can somehow ignore the constant yelling from the lunchroom staff you then have to deal with the loudness of the music that is played. This makes it hard to communicate with your child and actually enjoy lunch together.

Miller Elementary School
101 Pine Valley Dr, Warner Robins, GA  31088
Last modified Miller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miller Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top