Warner Robins High School

Public | 9-12 | 1806 students

Sweep tile

Posted April 5, 2013

Sorry, should have proofed my post below before hitting the button! I did go to BIBB Co. school! I meant to say "great" and "You CAN'T beat Houston County school system in this area"!

Posted June 9, 2010

I have been disappointed in the extreme with Warner Robins High School (specifically, the 9th grade Rumble Academy). The English teacher said at the open house that they no longer teach spelling, "because computers do that these days." Teachers were unwilling to work with us (parents) when our girls fell behind; letting us know the assignments so we could work with the kids was too much trouble. There is no math textbook; there is an online textbook, but they don't use it, "because it isn't very good." The guidance counselor told us we were overreacting, that of her 500 9th grade students, 50% were failing or close to failing. When we asked for our girls to be tested for dyslexia since they have clear symptoms and seem to need help learning memory tricks to master high school, they said no, that it was an 18-month process to be considered for testing.

Posted September 16, 2009

Warner Robins High School consistently outshines other area high school in academics and sports programs. It wins performance awards annually.

Posted August 19, 2009

It is unsafe at this school. Many kids get bullied and beat up yet administration does nothing about it. I want to learn in a safe environment. My family is moving this year, thank God! Also some of the teachers are really backward. My English teacher makes everyone use pens to write, so i did but I make a lot of mistakes that I have to scratch out (she takes points off for scratching things out which I cannot erase!) I do better when I can type my papers on my laptop. I think they should focus on writing not what implement a student uses to write with!

Posted May 15, 2009

I am a freshmen at WRHS. Unfortunately, I will be going to HOCO next year, and Veteran's the next. WRHS is so far the best school that I have ever been to. There are amazing people there, but, at the same time, we have our share of bad students and drama. Overall, I have had an amazing experience here at WRHS. And I basically owe it all to my wonderful biology teacher, Ms.Fincher. I am not downong any other schools, but WRHS is a great place to be.

Posted March 21, 2009

I am a Honors' student and also whent to the middel and elmentery schools in this area. I think the people are okay like any other school really because people are people. I like my honors teacher because they are very leanient and let us express our selves. Which is VERY important. We have a new principle but I do not know him to well because he has only been hear for two years. Some people like him and other people, well I do not want to say because I do not know if the bad things they say are really true or not. I keep my nose in my busness ONLY that way nothing bad happens. That is the way all good students should be. Ignore the things unless they effect you directly. Anyway, my favorite class is History and English. Which I want to go back and teach here!!

Posted March 6, 2009

I have 2 children currently attending WRHS. one is in 12th grade theother 10th. This is not the only HS my 12th grader has attended so I have a basis for comparison to other schools, and WRHS just doesn't stack up. There is no leadership at the top. Teachers are weak educators and some that my kids have are truley ill prepared to be in the classroom. I am just glad that when my next child is ready for HS the new one will be open, I just keep my fingers crossed that it won't be a giant mess.

Posted March 5, 2009

I have a daughter that is a sophmore at WRHS right now. She is doing very well and I have been pleased with her education here. She is very involved in JROTC and swimming. She is well rounded, taking AP and advanced classes. I believe she is being well prepared for her college career. She is disciplined I believe due to the excellent instructors in the JROTC program. She is developing wonderful study habits. I have been pleased with her education from PreK to high school in houston county. there are always issues, but they are usually resolved to the best of all parties involved in the parents and staff work together for the betterment of the child's education.

Posted May 3, 2008

I am a parent who has had two children graduate from WRHS. I'll let you judge whether this school is good based on the fact that my eldest child has completed a four year pre-med degree in three years with a 4.0 GPA, and my second child is enrolled in a very prestigious program at an elite academy. I think Warner Robins high has done a pretty good job educating my children.

Posted January 19, 2008

The school says they want parents involved but its just talk. The school district is trying to make it look as if the schools are good here so that more people will move here. This place is so backward and the school all the way up to the school board reflects that. There is a lack of accountability. Parents are stone walled and administrators pass the buck. Do not believe the hype about the SATs improving. And this AYP stuff, that is a lark. The principal is duplicitous & only cares about his paycheck, not the students.

Posted January 18, 2008

This is a great school with few fights and a safe envrinonment. The staff are smart and capable. The programs and extra activities are top noch. I am an honors student at this school, and in the 10th grade. The ratio on race should not matter. Most people are at least remotly nice, and all fights, if any, are broken up withing sec. of them starting. This school is trully the best in the area, and that is an objective opinion.

Posted October 27, 2007

Without regard to the overall rating of this school; without question, it is the 'worst' Middle School for a number of reasons. It has some of the poorest leadership that I have ever encountered. The Principal of this school leads by fear and an absolute absence of 'common sense.' Given some of the things he 'propelled' verbally, there is no question, he should be terminated. The Honors Program at this school leaves much to be desired. It is run without any consistent guidance and as the Principal, 'comon sense' is not one of their strong points either. In the area of safety, one only has to watch what goes on between classes, to realize this school is a 'powder keg' waiting to blow at any moment. You can see the anxiety in the students as well as the staff. I fear for the safety of my child there daily!!!!

Posted August 12, 2007

My two daughters graduated from WRHS when Dr. Melnick was principal. They had the best preperation for college that could be had anywhere. They have since graduated from college (one from Georgia Tech and the other from UGA) with highest honors. Any student who wants a superior education and is willing to work for it can get it at WRHS.

Posted April 5, 2007

I am not a parent, but a former student of WRHS. I personally believe that Warner Robins gives students a typical 'high school' experience. I learned a lot both in class and out of class. The honors program is amazing, and the school spirit makes football season the best part of the school year. I honestly hope that my children have the opportunity to attend this school and are able to form all of the memories and lasting bonds that I did.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 15, 2007

I am a parent of a student who has attended 3 yrs, and will graduate next year. I actually moved so my child could attend this specific school, instead of the 'better' school out on Hwy 96. My student has excelled with the help, support and encouragement of the teachers and other staff. Yes, we have had issues... But they were always resolved. We were not always happy with the resolution, but the issue was resolved with professionalism and class. Also, the school allows See you at the Pole, and a mthly. student led Chistian outreach, on the campus! Even the principal attends sometimes! I am proud of the academic heritage of the school and the football team. My child is not into sports nor band, but we are huge supporters of both.

Posted July 30, 2006

I am a sophomore at warner Robins High. I absolutely love this school. I am also taking three honors classes and an AP class, and all of the teachers that I have come in contact with at this school have been great. I enjoy coming to this school because it has so much spirit and it's an environment where students bring each other up. All of the programs here are top notch. No one is discriminated against or treated unfairly. As far as the construction, the faculty and staff handled the situation as best they could. I can't think of another solution. As far as the lack of hot lunches, that's due to the cafeteria being under construction as well. I was a freshman at Warner Robins during all of the construction, and it was still a great experience. I am proud to say I attend Warner Robins High School.

Posted August 17, 2005

School going through construction; unfair treatment of students. Discrimination present. Articles are stolen each year, not enough supplies for each student and students are expected to 'deal with it' parents are stonewalled. Poor preprationg for the school year 2005-2006. Kids not getting hot lunches, shuttles between buildings and kids are having to stand on the bus (not enough seats). School board of no assistance. Would not recommend students to attend until construction is completed. Poor poor planning.

Posted May 4, 2005

As a mother of 4 with one graduate of WRHS and 2 presenty in the school. I can say that I have been thrilled with my childrens education within this school. My oldest child due to her education and teachers was able to skip her senior year of HS and attend a college in Georgia. She is now a full year ahead of all of her peers. My 2nd child is ranked number 8 in her junior class and is very involved with Beta Club, and sports. We have been very satisfied, the teachers and staff.

Posted January 28, 2005

I am a graduate of this school and I loved my time at Warner Robins High School. School is just like anything else ..what you make it. It is like any other school.. there are good teachers and there are not so good teachers. The school system is one the best in the state.. and though the state rating is low the school are doing a good job to educate their students. This is the best school in the country..but I am baised.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted November 22, 2004

She ingratiates the staff to gain favor at the sake of student's needs. The school lacks the expertise and knowledge to bring proficiency levels higher. Instead students who learn differently are routed towards a less demanding curriculum rather than bringing these students up to proficient standards. From their responses to my requests and inquiries, it is evident that they are uninformed in many areas such as effective reading remediation methods for high school students. All the county schools are backward so I cannot blame the school only. I would say less than 10 percent of the tech prep students take the SATs, but if they did, it would reveal that the school is doing a poor job teaching. Hence, they are the 'Schools of mediocrity', not of 'excellence.'

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

444 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2011.

435 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 93% in 2011.

444 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 80% in 2011.

442 students were tested at this school in 2011.

2009

Scale: % at or above passing

In 2010-2011 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) in English language arts, math, science and social studies to students in grade 11. The GHSGT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass all parts of the GHSGT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2013.

377 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Georgia administered the Georgia High School Writing Test (GHSWT) to students in grade 11. The GHSWT is a standards-based assessment, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Georgia. Students must pass the GHSWT in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

9th Grade Literature

The state average for 9th Grade Literature was 86% in 2013.

483 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 30% in 2013.

American Literature

The state average for American Literature was 91% in 2013.

373 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

485 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Coordinate Algebra

The state average for Coordinate Algebra was 37% in 2013.

442 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Economics

The state average for Economics was 79% in 2013.

159 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 75% in 2013.

Integrated Math I

The state average for Integrated Math I was 29% in 2013.

Integrated Math II

The state average for Integrated Math II was 59% in 2013.

379 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 83% in 2013.

366 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

422 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Asian 3% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

• Stephen Monday
Fax number
  • (478) 929-7769

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

401 S Davis Dr