Warner Robins, GA
Students enrolled: 1,766

Houston County High School 4

Posted September 03, 2014
Great use of technology, great teachers, and great students. There were a few troublemakers, but nothing out of the ordinary for teenagers. Many of my teachers were some of the most caring people, exactly what you think a teacher should be. No special treatment of anyone, regardless of whether they play sports, are of a different ethnicity, or have any kind of disability. Compared to the other schools in town, there is nothing that comes close to HOCO in terms of advancements in learning and the overall experience.

Houston County High School 2

Posted June 09, 2014
I wasn't pleased with the staff here at HOCO. The staff doesn't work with all of the parents.

Houston County High School 1

Posted June 05, 2014
First, I am retired military and I have traveled a bit and my kids have attended different school systems. This school gives preference to certain individuals especially in sports. They are a closed set of people who grew up here that get preference. They give prefreence to kids who grew up here.

Posted December 12, 2013
Both of my children graduated from HOCO. I had one in regular ed and one in special ed. I can not say enough about Houston County! I got to see both sides of the coin really. I was completely impressed the first day when my special ed child arrived at school. He was introduced to his Peer Pal the first morning. He happened to be a on the football team. My son took his hand right away and down the hallway they went to go to gym... hand and hand the whole way. That says a lot about the kids at HOCO and the staff. When my youngest started at HOCO, he got involved with the band program. AMAZING! I think the only negative I have is parental involvement. I was at the school a lot with my special needs child. I saw the same parents all the time. Senior night I met parents I had never seen before. I think it is important to know what is going on in your child's school by knowing their teachers, and the office staff. They at least need to know your face. Every school has issues, It is a shame we don't spread rumors about all the good things that happen. HOCO was a fantastic school for my boys and I would recommend it to any one.

Houston County High School 1

Posted July 19, 2013
All of my children have attended HOCO. When the two oldest went there, as parents we were pleased with the education they received. The teachers were great and the environment was safe. One year later that began to change. There is a SEVERE drug problem there that the faculty and administration choose to ignore. Teachers are told NOT to inform parents if they suspect anything is wrong with their child, if the child sleeps during class, etc. And this is coming from the Board of Ed. Even teachers in the county choose to send their own children to different high schools although they are zoned for HOCO.

Posted May 14, 2012
Coundn't ask for a better public school. The teachers care and so does the student body. The school zone has The right mix of tax/ income and community pride. A Great middle and upper-middle income school district. Scholastically the best HS in the area.

Posted May 12, 2012
Our daughter graduated from HoCo HS and we all loved the amazing teacher involvement and smaller classroom sizes compared to the other High Schools in town. Academically it's by far and away the best choice in the area. The counseling staff is amazing...my daughter qualified for the Hope Scholarship (barely) and I have them to thank for it. To our surprise our daughter loved the school, even though she isn't the type to get "involved". The school has the right mix of education/compassion/sports and pride. The campus is very safe, matter of fact my grandmother walks the outdoor track 5 times a week by herself. The student population is respectful and community pride is obvious. The school's sports programs are very good, but compared to the cross town rivals they don't do quite as well in the three major sports. I think the sports vs education payoff is obvious though when you compare grad/college rates. My daughter is proof of that. She is now attending Ga Southern on the Hope Scholarship...something I never thought would be possible when we moved into town.

Posted May 12, 2012
Great school - great staffing. By far the best academic school in the area. My son graduated from HoCo and his grades continued to climb from the time he arrived until he graduated. We went from concerned parents of a Sophomore, to complete joy when he was accepted to U of Ga. under a partial scholarship. the sports program isn't as developed as the State Champs across town, but HoCo's drop out rate isn't a tenth of what the rival's are. If your kids gonna play football in the NFL then this school probably isnt for you, but if you want your child to have a great foundation for college/life then you've found the right school!

Houston County High School 4

Posted December 08, 2010
I graduated from Houston County High School in 2008. I personally loved the school. I have read a few of the parental views on HoCo and they obviously don't know what they are talking about. They only know what their child tells them. The educational experience is more than enough to get you ready for college. Trust me I know. The only thing lacking is school pride. The reason there is so little pride is because the athletics are not on par to the other school in the county. Again, trust me I know.... I played football there for 4 years. All in all if you want your student to get a quality education then Go to HoCo!!

Posted December 05, 2010
academics are tops in the county and the county averages above the state average. budget cuts forced a lot of changes in electives offered and number of teachers. The AFJROTC and the Band both compete nationally, (The band was in this years Thanksgiving Day parade in Chicago I believe). Extra-curricular activies are diverse and abundant. for the people that complain about the athletics: Diverse and successful athletics Houston County has won the Governer's Cup (all-sports trophy) for Region 1-AAAAA for 2 or 3 consecutive years. Softball was the state runner-up 2009 and 4 time straight region champs and home to the 2010 region coach of the year. Volleyball 2010 area champs and home to the 2010 area coach of the year. Boys Cross Country 2010 region champs Boys Soccer 4 state quarterfinals appearances in the last 5 years (the missing year being a sweet sixteen finish) and home of the 2 time staight region coach of the year

Houston County High School
920 Ga Highway 96, Warner Robins, GA  31088
Last modified Houston County High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston County High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top