No rating

Christ United Methodist School

Private | PK-5

Living in Warner Robins

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $142,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted April 7, 2013

My children have attend Christ School for several years and will continue to do so through 5th grade. Their teachers have been nurturing and enthusiastic. The school encourages parental involvement and the PTA works hard to involve us. Almost every day the principal greats my children as they walk in by name. I love the class size and the intimate nature of the school. It may lack some of the bells and whistles of other area private schools (no foreign language, technology, the facility itself) but its Christ focused curriculum and size means my children get a lot of positive attention. I should also mention that price is very affordable compared to other local schools.

Posted July 1, 2010

My children have both attended Christ School since K-5 and it has been a huge blessing to our family. Not only is the ABEKA program top notch, the teachers and support staff and wonderful. Small class sizes, great academics and a super strong love for showing each child the love of Christ. We had never had any complaints and each teacher has loved and cared for our children. This is a wonderful school and you couldn't make a better choice for a Christian school in Warner Robins. From the excellent PreSchool program to the 5th grade, it is the best. Spend a day at the school and you will agree, the best teachers and director around.

Posted June 22, 2010

My daughter went here for preK. Her teacher seemed very chit chatty with the parents and other teachers. Very little enthusiasm to greet the children in the morning. My daughter brought home activity sheets that showed evidence of no guidance or encouragement to color. I have experienced other preschools and find that it is necessary to have two teachers in a room to support each other. I think this teacher may have been overwhelmed to be alone with a classroom of children. Also, the parents provide snacks and it was often high sugar, high calorie cookies and juices. The teacher also gave out candy as a reward for cleaning up toys and at the end of the day. Not necessary. Poor communication with parents about what is expected or required on party days and holidays. I will not be sending my child back to this school.

Posted July 7, 2009

Great Christian school!! God is first. Teachers are loving and caring and very well behaved themselves. Teaching is a ministry here and the children blossom.

Posted May 14, 2009

This is an amazing school. Our child has excelled in every way in this wonderful school. Most, if not all of the teachers have or have had children attend the school. The teachers have a great balance as role model/motherly figure/teacher all meshed into one package. We've personally experienced nothing but a wonderful relationship with the director and teachers. We're not a part of the PTO or any committees. The teachers, parents and entire staff seems more like a large extended family than a stiff private school.

Posted July 8, 2008

My child has been here for 4 years and loved it. As a parent, the school management has severly declined. The school director will not grow or change their views: teachers are backed 100%, parents perceptions/views are not solicited or accepted unless the parent is part of the accepted crowd.

Posted February 29, 2008

This is a small school. I have been somewhat pleased. The Abeka curriculum, strong phonics based, has been wonderful for my child. My child gets it. If a child does not get it - it will be a struggle. Abeka has been a strong foundation for learning. The strong points are the reading, writing and math. The social studies, science, art and music are well needs a little improvement. There are no extracurricular activities, no library, no gym, no cafeteria, no computers, and no art department. It is a great school for just academics, but anything outside of that it is lacking. Just make sure it will be a good fit for your child and their style of learning before signing him/her on.

Posted January 19, 2008

Wonderful school. Our three children actually look forward to school and thank us for letting them go there. A very supportive and happy place, great academically.

Posted August 21, 2007

I agree with the comments of the others here but I did want to update the information. Christ School now goes through 5th grade (my children are there). Even though Houston County schools are reputed to be very good (and maybe they are in comparison to other gov't schools) I feel much more comfortable knowing that when I have an issue that I can go to the principal of Christ Sch and get it resolved; the resolution may not be what I consider prefect but it is nice to know that the 'buck stops there'. I do not get a run around with various school administrators and board members which seems to be typical in gov't schools; seems no one there wants to take responsibility of their actions or decisions. Private schools are costly but at least I know what I am paying for and I am insuring my children's education.

Posted July 16, 2007

My children attended Christ from 2 year old pre-k through 4 year old pre-k. The teachers were wonderful and the curriculum was through. They offer a great program that I believe will prepare your child for an educational program anywhere. It is a small school so it is lacking facility wise in comparison to larger schools. My children thrived here and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a Christ centered education.

Posted February 21, 2007

My husband and I went to the principal of this school for our granddaughters during great turmoil in their little lives because of its reputation for academic excellence. It's reputation is well founded, but I am most grateful to the school for it's care and love for each little person. The principal, Terry Cooper is remarkably cognizant about their lives. Our granddaughters no longer live with us, but I take great comfort in that they are still able to attend Christ School.

Posted December 12, 2005

This is an excellent school for pre-k through 3rd grade with very personal, committed teachers and director. My children felt nurtured, academically challenged and spiritually led. The Abeka curriculum is strong and they even learned beautiful penmanship! We are a military family and this felt like home to us. It is affordable.

Posted June 21, 2004

My daughter has been through the Pre-K program here and is about to enter kindergarten. The staff is incredibly caring and friendly. They care greatly about each student and it shows in the amount of time they spend making sure all of the students are learning and having fun all at the same time. My daughter wishes she could be there all summer long! She has learned a great deal of reading and writing in the Pre-K 4 program as well as math, science and most importantly respect, kindness and a love of learning. My youngest will start the Pre-K program this year and I am confident she will love it, too. It is a very small school and only runs to third grade, but what they maybe laking in space (library, gym, cafeteria) they more than compensate with the best teachers I have ever seen, being a teacher myself.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Methodist

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

511 Russell Parkway