Posted July 15, 2014
Lake Joy Elementary is an awesome school. The administrators, faculty and staff are very professional and really care about the kids. The school's focus is not only academic achievement, but character development as well. The school is also very accepting of students with disabilities and does not tolerate bullying/teasing. As a teacher in a middle school that LJE feeds into, we can always tell which students come from LJE...the training LJE provides makes them stand out from others. The students are generally well-mannered, disciplined, and accepting of others. Love this school!

Posted December 27, 2012
We really cannot say enough good things about this school. The teachers are top notch and the Principal ensures a healthy environment for everyone.

Lake Joy Elementary School 4

Posted December 14, 2011
We moved to the area for my work at Robins Air Force Base. We have been very pleased with the teachers, the facilities, and the kids. The lunches aren't necessarily the most nutritious, but part of that goes with living in the south where everything is fried. The children are well-behaved and polite. Like any school, a lot of your experience depends on which teachers your children end up with. We have experienced 3 different teachers now; I would rate 2 of those teachers as very good, and the other as just okay. The school is new and well-kept. My only complaint about the facilities is that they chopped down all of the trees. Now really, who wants to play out in the 100 degree, humid Georgia sunshine with no shade? Apparently my kids do because they never complain about it.

Posted September 28, 2011
LJE is a Great School! My son attended 3 - 5th grade, daughter currently in the 3rd. You wont find a better school anywhere in GA! The Principal is top-notch and I think he knows every kid's name by heart! He keeps them motivated and they are excited to come to school every day! The music and drama programs are probably the best in the state and you will really be impressed by the Music teacher! The kids really like him and he is an excellent instructor! The Media Center Specialist (Librarian) treats all the kids as if they were her own and they all love her! She keeps them constantly motivated and energized and excited about reading! Principal & Librarian really support the county's AR (Advanced Reader Program) and the kids always do well! You wont find more dedicated teachers/staff anywhere in the nation! (Only detractor would be the ART department, teacher was knowledgable, but didnt quite meet my standards,showed favoritism to her own son on several occasions, but I guess she couldn't help herself....) (One thing you have to realize about GA Schools is that the curriculum and how it's taught is mandated by the state so the teachers don't have a lot of leeway...

Lake Joy Elementary School 4

Posted February 04, 2010
I am really surprised to see all the comments from the poster on 3 Feb 2010. I have had children at the Lake Joy schools for the past three years. Every Wednesday every teacher sends home a folder with accomplished student work so you are always aware fo how your student is doing. In the lower grades the homework for the week comes home every Monday. In the upper grades they are working to prepare the students for Middle School so the students themselves have to write their homework down in their agendas, which is a great communication tool between parents and teachers. Yes when you cme nto the school the only place you can go is the office. That is for the safety of your children. I would be concerned if a school didn't control who came and went in the school. I Love LJE!

Lake Joy Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2010
I chose this school based on reviews from this site and other comments I heard about Houston County Schools. I think LJE is awful - when we have had problems, the staff and the teachers say things that are inappropriate - like implying I'm at fault, my kid is at fault, but never the staff and teachers at fault. I don't get responses from the classroom, I don't see homework assignments, I learn my kid is having trouble academically many months and weeks later. There's only one place where the parents can peer into the school - the front office, but the principal has never came out of his office to say hello during my visits. There is something really wrong at this school, and I can't believe how very different it is from Lake Joy Primary. My kid wished we never moved here, and I desperately miss our old school.

Lake Joy Elementary School 0

Posted November 14, 2009
I believe that state scores do not support the comments made about this school. Academic performance is below what it should be.

Posted July 17, 2008
My daughter has been at Lake Joy since kindergarten and she is going to 4th grade in August. The entire school is awesome, from the administrators to the cafeteria staff. Lake Joy Elementary (and Primary) is GREAT!

Posted July 14, 2008

Lake Joy Elementary School 0

Posted June 08, 2008
We moved to Warner Robins two years ago and absolutely love Lake Joy Primary and Elementary. Lake Joy Elementary has the best teachers and personable and dedicated principal, and the most awesome music program in the world. Mr. Bobby Helms is incredible and has helped our children become passionate about music. He's created a drama club, jazz square group, and an outstanding award-winning chorus. He even had the children rehearse and perform for the Broadway play, Anne. It was amazing watching such dedicated and passionate children perform! Lake Joy is like none other!

Lake Joy Elementary School
985 Lake Joy Rd, Warner Robins, GA  31088
Last modified Lake Joy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Joy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top