No rating

Westside Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Warner Robins

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $88,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $650.

Posted August 18, 2014

Excellent school in the past. Unfortunately, not at this current time. Admission standards seem to have relaxed significantly from what they were when our family was accepted years ago. It seems like the screening process has been eliminated & admission is granted to anyone who can afford the cost. If this is not the case, then something is seriously broken in their admissions interview process. Additionally, leadership changed expectations midyear & did not adhere to the school handbook. There also seems to be a lack of communication between administrators & teaching staff. I had hoped our kids would attend WCA much longer than they have, but we could not knowingly send them somewhere that violates its own policies & procedures. The final straw for us was when a letter was sent home requesting assistance for fundraising activities that contained outright lies. I hope the administrator simply didn't read the letter he signed, but that lack of attention to detail is not acceptable from our kids, & I expect better from those employed to lead & guide them.

Posted July 25, 2014

The absolute worst experience in my children's life. It should tell you something that my kids will attend Bibb Co public schools after my experience at WCA.

Posted December 13, 2011

My child attended WBA from 6th -12th. His was the first graduating class. I feel he received a good, solid education but more importantly, a Biblical based education taught by loving, dedicated Christian teachers. He is doing well in college. Due to the small class size these teachers were able to truly get to know their students - their strengths as well as weaknesses which gave them a much better insight into each student as a complete person - not just as a student. The relationships, with classmates and teachers, my son gained at WBA are relationships that have and will continue most likely for the rest his life. Most importantly, is his relationship with the Lord, and how he was encouraged and challenged each day to live for Christ. I must say the education he received at WBA is priceless and will have an eternal affect on him and those whose lives he touches. His time at WBA is priceless.

Posted August 15, 2011

This is our second year at Westside and we couldn't be happier! We transferred our son to Westside from one of the "top" schools in our area and it took him a few months to catch up with the class, but he did catch up and is doing great! I spoke with co-workers and friends who send their children and they had nothing but good things to say about Westside. This school has a new head of school and he is very personable, approachable, and godly. The school has doubled in size over the last year under his leadership and has introduced many different programs from sports to science fairs, ect. Outside of the few complainers on here I have never heard one negative statement about this school. I would highly recommend Westside to anyone who desires their child to have a Biblical, private education.

Posted July 9, 2011

You'd think that in a small school your child would get a good education- not the case here at Westside Christian Academy. My child told me that repeatedly her teacher would drift off of the subject they were on and begin to talk about God. As i would not send my daughter to a Christian school without reason, and believe that Biblical education is very important, math and science are what get people jobs. I was very disappointed, considering the price of tuition, that my child was falling behind in the state regulations of Math and Science. From now on I am going to leave the Biblical education up to my church, and the meat of the education up to my nearest public school. I just hope my child won't need too much catching up when she transfers to public school in the 2011-2012 school year. Goodbye, WCA

Posted March 9, 2011

I completely agree with the reviewer form June 2010 that said back in the day, WBA WAS a good school. I am very disappointed with the way the school has changed. My kids said that the ballooning class sizes meant that teachers spent more time discipling rather than teaching. This observation from a 3rd grader at the time who was there before all of the changes. When my child gave me that unsolicited opinion of his classroom environment, I was not all that interested in keeping my sons there. When tuition increased again for the fourth year, I knew it was time to go. Echoing other parent..."Thanks Westside"

Posted October 1, 2010

Westside Baptist Academy is a growing Christian School - Accredited! Great school for your kids

Posted September 16, 2010

Westside is an excellent christian based school with the lowest tuition of those we compared in the Warner Robins area, even after a modest tuition raise. It stacks up very well against larger schools. Student teacher ratios are excellent: below 10 per student for our 2 kids (2nd and 4th grade). and most every other class as well. Teachers care and know the kids personally and our kids love it. Highly recommended.

Posted January 11, 2010

Westside Baptist Academy goes to the 12th grade. it is an excellant Christ centered Kingdom Education school. The teachers, staff, parents and students are dedicated to Jesus Christ, their studies and the sucess of the school. I would HIGHLY recommend this school.

Asian 6% 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ricky McInnis
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
  • SBACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious