PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

By the way we have a lunch program now. Someone posted there was none, but that is no longer true.

Westside has had its ups and downs, but in the end we are very pleased. Right now we have the best teachers around. The academics are excellent! I am extra grateful for the Christ centered emphasis this year. I want my children to hear about Jesus everyday and grow to love Him. That is why we send our kids there! Thank you teachers for your devotion and sacrifice!

It was a Great school in 2010. There is no continuity at Westside which is its biggest downfall. The school has gone through 4 Head of School in the five years our child has attended. Teachers and staff come and go. Their focus switched from curriculum to sports in 2012. Communication lacks! So everything changes and not many families stay. Dress code changed for the 2015-16 year to no longer allow shorts or dresses but parents weren't informed until after new enrollment. There used to be a lunch program and that was done away with for the coming year as well. The staff that has stayed has been determined to help parents transition, but you can tell it is getting to them as well. Can you say stress!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

There have been several changes in the middle school that have not always been the best; however, I feel that corrections are being made.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I love the honestly that is evident among the students. There are no locks on the lockers and sports bags can be left unattended with no fear of things "walking off."

I moved my child from public to private and I cannot believe the difference it made in his self confidence. He was well received and integrated with the current students as if he had been at Westfield for years. So glad of our decision!

I think it has been a great school for my part time homeschooling daughter. They have worked with her (filling in the gaps in what we did not teach). Despite being new, she was accepted readily by her peers and she likes all her teachers -- well, there is one that gives her a bit of a tough time, but that is her weak subject. I respect the comments of those who say they have lost confidence in the quality of the teaching there. However, we have not seen it. I see a caring and loving attitude by all their -- teachers, administrators, and coaches. They try to keep the costs down as much as possible. I am reminded that it is easier to criticize than to be part of the solution. It is more difficult than it looks.

When Mr. Andrews was there it was ran a lot better. When McInnis was hired, it was the worst thing that could happen to that school. Pulled my child out two months after he started running it because of this director failure to even control his own children.

School administration changed mid year...several people left. Hasn't been same...very much a shame because this WAS a great school.

WCA is an excellent school. My children have attended there since 2011. One is now finishing up second grade. One is fishing kindergarten. My second grader is a straight A student and reads above average grade level. My kindergartener reads and spells fluently and she knows all of her sight words. I am so thankful for the dedicated , excellent teaching they have received from the teachers at WCA. My children are loved and cared for on an individual level by the teachers and staff. Also the teachers are highly qualified and all hold or have to undergo certification on an international level through ACSI, a higher standard then public state-wide certification. The school is also accredited through ACSI. This is an extremely wonderful place and my children are receiving a high quality education in both academics and in the bible. They care about their spiritual health, too. It also one of the most affordable private schools in the area. Every parent should send their kid here, if you want them to them to have an education better than public school, and know Jesus and make him known!!

Last modified Westside Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12