Public charter
Warrenton, GA

Warren County High School 4

Posted April 13, 2012
I believe that WCHS has come a long way. From the time I started teaching, I have seen that we have some great students working hard. Lot of the current students have a clear vision of what they want to be in life, more number of students are looking at pursuing higher education. The teachers are just great. I am not saying just because , I am a teacher. I really see all teachers going beyond, to help the students. I feel very happy and safe to work for the school. The school is offering AP classes from next year, which reflects the progress that the school and the students are making. I have heard a lot of negative things that happened long ago. But all that is past, currently it is one of the best schools around.

Posted June 27, 2009

Posted February 02, 2009
Many people on here complain of 'the lack of parental involvement', but as I student, I feel this system contradicts itself by asking for parental involvement, and then going against their wishes all in the same blow. Towards the ladder part of the 07-08 school year, the county was faced with the issue of becoming a charter school. Why did the system request the opinion of our tax-paying parents, but then when they got the opinion that the parents, who all took off work to come and vote, did not want to become a charter system because our Superintendent, who is, 'well I can't say because of 'libel', but it's not good,' would have too much control, they brushed it off as the parents being 'confused' and still decided to apply for us to be a charter school. So if you want parent involvement, we have to make their opinion matter.

Posted April 04, 2008

Posted December 12, 2007

Posted August 31, 2007
I think that warren has improved, but i think that if you have enough money to build a new stadium you should be able to buy books so the students could have homework.

Posted January 11, 2007
- a administrator

Posted April 11, 2006

Posted March 16, 2006
The overall quality of teachers is fairly good, but they are unable to do their jobs given the disruptive environment. I would say that this youth detention environment that another teacher mentioned is due to principal leadership and parental attitudes/lack of involvement. Most students I taught there were incapable of the most basic level of thought. I know how hard the teachers there in Warrenton work for the students, but I am afraid it is all for nothing until students are held accountable for their actions.

Posted October 07, 2005
- a former student
If the parents of the Warren County Middle/High School community took an active role in their children's academic lives as much as they complain, the school system could improve a great deal more. The community is quick to point the finger at past leaders but yet under that administration, the parents were just as absent as the children if not more. Now we are under a new administration and the parents are still yet to be found! When will you realize that a school cannot survive without the help of the community? But I guess to the majority of these parents (not all) being active is making sure you get your kids to the games and dances on time; forget the importance of an education! These are the same parents you find at the games on Friday nights but not at one PTA meeting or teachers' conference!

Warren County High School
1253 Atlanta Hwy, Warrenton, GA  30828
Last modified Warren County High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Warren County High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top