Public charter
Warrenton, GA

Posted April 13, 2012
I believe that WCHS has come a long way. From the time I started teaching, I have seen that we have some great students working hard. Lot of the current students have a clear vision of what they want to be in life, more number of students are looking at pursuing higher education. The teachers are just great. I am not saying just because , I am a teacher. I really see all teachers going beyond, to help the students. I feel very happy and safe to work for the school. The school is offering AP classes from next year, which reflects the progress that the school and the students are making. I have heard a lot of negative things that happened long ago. But all that is past, currently it is one of the best schools around.

Posted February 02, 2009
Many people on here complain of 'the lack of parental involvement', but as I student, I feel this system contradicts itself by asking for parental involvement, and then going against their wishes all in the same blow. Towards the ladder part of the 07-08 school year, the county was faced with the issue of becoming a charter school. Why did the system request the opinion of our tax-paying parents, but then when they got the opinion that the parents, who all took off work to come and vote, did not want to become a charter system because our Superintendent, who is, 'well I can't say because of 'libel', but it's not good,' would have too much control, they brushed it off as the parents being 'confused' and still decided to apply for us to be a charter school. So if you want parent involvement, we have to make their opinion matter.

Posted August 31, 2007
I think that warren has improved, but i think that if you have enough money to build a new stadium you should be able to buy books so the students could have homework.

Warren County High School 1

Posted March 16, 2006
The overall quality of teachers is fairly good, but they are unable to do their jobs given the disruptive environment. I would say that this youth detention environment that another teacher mentioned is due to principal leadership and parental attitudes/lack of involvement. Most students I taught there were incapable of the most basic level of thought. I know how hard the teachers there in Warrenton work for the students, but I am afraid it is all for nothing until students are held accountable for their actions.

Posted October 07, 2005
If the parents of the Warren County Middle/High School community took an active role in their children's academic lives as much as they complain, the school system could improve a great deal more. The community is quick to point the finger at past leaders but yet under that administration, the parents were just as absent as the children if not more. Now we are under a new administration and the parents are still yet to be found! When will you realize that a school cannot survive without the help of the community? But I guess to the majority of these parents (not all) being active is making sure you get your kids to the games and dances on time; forget the importance of an education! These are the same parents you find at the games on Friday nights but not at one PTA meeting or teachers' conference!

Posted September 05, 2005
I as a ninth grade student think that our school has improved greatly. We now have a band and I think they are great. The test scores have gone up and they have better teachers and the superintendent is great. The students have a more positive attitudes and our sports teams have improved greatly especially the football team. Hopefully our school will keep moving up and make it to the schools of excellence list.

Warren County High School 5

Posted August 01, 2005
I am a student at Warren County's High/Middle school and I think that my school is great. This year I will be starting the 7th grade and thanks to my great teachers I am one of the top students. We now have an excel program which I am apart of and so are many other gifted students. We have a good middle school football team, great girls basketball team and now we have softball for girls, cheerleading squad, track team, beta club, Tobacco Free For Me Club, and we work hard on our tests because this year(04-05) the 6th graders had the highest scores out of the middle school because our teachers and principal pushed us and made a bet to see if we could beat our 5th grade scores of ninety-something percent and we did. So parents who took your children out we're doing great now!

Warren County High School 1

Posted April 01, 2005
My child was a former student, there are a lot of areas that need major improvements.Starting with teachers in the classrooms instead of substitutes the majority of the school.This leads to low test scores when it comes down to the major tests.There isn't a Marching Band!The life of the Football season. What happened?

Warren County High School 3

Posted January 26, 2005
i think that it is a great place to be but there are a lot of improvements needed and the teachers need more training on what to do when a student is out of his or her place. they should also get rid of the lunch detention because all kids don't eat peanut butter and jelly. I also think that the principal should be over discipline and not a former volunteer.

Posted December 04, 2004
It is interesting that the people submitting negative reviews are unwilling to sign their names. Every community has its distracters and Warren County is no different. It just happens that this group in our community is the one who controlled the school system for six years and led it to the bottom of the rankings in Georgia s public schools. My three daughters have all graduated from WCHS and gone on to successful college and professional careers. My oldest daughter earned two undergraduate and one graduate degree in less than 6 years while maintaining a 4.0 GPA at Georgia College and State University. My middle daughter is successfully balancing a career in business while working on her undergraduate education, and my youngest daughter is a freshman at Georgia Tech. Warren County citizens and taxpayers have demanded reform in our public school system and have ousted the poor leadership group that drove us to the depths of record substandard performance. After a nationwide search, Carole Jean Carey was appointed superintendent just over two years ago and she immediately reshaped the leadership team in the school system. As an accomplished expert in school improvement, she has turned this system around and is leading Warren County schools to a level of achievement that was only dreamed about just a few years ago. Our elementary school was recognized as a Georgia School of Excellence in 2003. We were one of only 26 schools in the entire state to earn this distinction. All of our schools are off the state and federal government s needs improvement lists for the first time in six years and we will soon earn SACS accreditation for the first time in our system s history. Our high school is the first in the state to incorporate the Performance Learning Center concept throughout all classes. Our middle school, under the innovative leadership of Mr. Truett Abbott, is nothing less than exemplary and should soon be recognized by the state as breaking every record on the books in remediation and improvement is test scores. Warren County schools biggest problems are parental apathy and racial divisiveness. We are a small rural community which has suffered from decades of low expectations. Fortunately, the spirit and desire of the vast number of our citizens for our children to have the best possible opportunity for a quality education far outweighs the destructive comments of a small disgruntled group of losers. Warren County is a great place to live and raise your family, but I encourage you to judge this for yourself. Come see us soon! James H. Newsome 1968 Graduate WCHS Vice-Chairman Warren County BOE

1253 Atlanta Hwy, Warrenton, GA  30828
Last modified Warren County High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Warren County High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top