PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I have know many students to be bullied by classmates and my own by the administration.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

As you see from my review I had problems with the administration

First let me say, I love this SCHOOL. My whole family attended this school. My parents helped build the school as did many parents. I have always considered the school my family. Now, that being said, this school has gone down tremendously in the last few years. Things were said to me by the head master that left me with no choice but to withdraw my child. We had problems with a particular teacher. I can only voice my complaints about this teacher. When I asked for a teacher, parent and head master conference, it was like pulling teeth to get the meeting. I can't tell you the countless times I was told they did not agree to have a meeting and they would not have the meeting because they would not put the teacher through a meeting. My child was so embarrassed by an incident that should not have happened. She was 7 years old. If the problem was with me that is who they should have been dealing with, not humiliating my child. My Hipaa rights were violated many times. At that time I told them what I expected and what I would do if it happened again. That didn't seem to matter. After school had been dismissed for the summer my Hipaa rights were violated gain. When I approached the head master I was told to go ahead and call the police, nothing would happen. I chose not to because I wasn't going to bring myself to that level and make my child go through this again. I also didn't want to do that to the SCHOOL. The school didn't do anything to me, just those running it. I can say that members of the staff, teachers and administration were kind when I had a tragedy in my family. They did pay her tuition, but it just went down and continued through the year. I hate to talk ill of the school and as I said I LOVE the school, I just hate what has happened because of the admin. I would not say to or not to put your child in the school, but I would say to research before you do. The teachers and parents are awesome. They still treat my child as if she never left, as do her friends. That meant and still means a lot to both of us. She loves her friends. I love the parents, the children and the teachers. I only had a problem with that teacher. After many years of being a part of this school it was no longer a place for us. Withdrawing her was the hardest decision I have had to make in a long time. One I hated to make.

I can only speak from experience with the 2 teachers I came in contact with while my child was there. The first is no longer there (contract was not renewed) and 11 of her students needed to be retained, but they could not technically retain that many. If you are not from this town, THINK TWICE or more about enrolling your child. There is bullying in 4th and 5th grades (a coworker told me about her child being bullied and she had to call the school) just like any other school system. I expected more and am very disappointed, not up to par with other schools. Something is going on in this school and I am not sure what it is, maybe just a social status. Although, we did meet some good people(parents).

Edmund Burke Academy, is a really good school. I love the faculty very much. The lunches are really good. And the teachers really care about the students. These teachers would really go the extra mile with them. But the discpline is good because they listen to both sides of the story. This is a good school for young growing christians. The only thing that I hate about this school is there isn't much culture. But everything has it's flaws. I hope you get the chance to send your kids here. They will thank you!

This is truly an amazing learning environment for our children. This school not only focuses a great deal on academics, but also spiritual and personal growth. They have the best faculty and administration in the area. These teachers love and truly care about all of the children. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to send my children to such a wonderful school!

Last modified Edmund Burke Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12