PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Edmund Burke Academy 1

Posted July 01, 2013
I can only speak from experience with the 2 teachers I came in contact with while my child was there. The first is no longer there (contract was not renewed) and 11 of her students needed to be retained, but they could not technically retain that many. If you are not from this town, THINK TWICE or more about enrolling your child. There is bullying in 4th and 5th grades (a coworker told me about her child being bullied and she had to call the school) just like any other school system. I expected more and am very disappointed, not up to par with other schools. Something is going on in this school and I am not sure what it is, maybe just a social status. Although, we did meet some good people(parents).

Edmund Burke Academy 4

Posted July 15, 2009
Edmund Burke Academy, is a really good school. I love the faculty very much. The lunches are really good. And the teachers really care about the students. These teachers would really go the extra mile with them. But the discpline is good because they listen to both sides of the story. This is a good school for young growing christians. The only thing that I hate about this school is there isn't much culture. But everything has it's flaws. I hope you get the chance to send your kids here. They will thank you!

Posted May 25, 2007
This is truly an amazing learning environment for our children. This school not only focuses a great deal on academics, but also spiritual and personal growth. They have the best faculty and administration in the area. These teachers love and truly care about all of the children. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to send my children to such a wonderful school!

Posted January 12, 2006
Great school and great adminstrative and trustee leadership.

Edmund Burke Academy 2

Posted May 09, 2005
As a former instructor who has seen both 'worlds' of private and public education, I have to say that this school is not in touch with the real world. Its students have no idea what is waiting for them once they graduate. Unfortunately, the administration as well as the Board of Trustees doesn't feel comfortable with such weighty issues as acceptable scientific theory such as the Darwinian concept of evolution or the fact that abstince-only based teaching is the only viewpoint. I find this idea to be totally 'stick-your-head' in the sand thinking. At the same time, there are some students(the current graduating class of 2005) who thinks the world owes them everything. Someone needs to take off their rose-colored glasses.

Posted March 09, 2005
I have had one child to graduate and have one more in high school and I could not have found a better school in out area for my childrem. Teacher involvement is exceptional. The curriculum teaches morals that I agree with and has a Christian environment. Small classes also play an important role in my reasons for choosing this school. Extracurricular activities are numerous, educational field trips are provided to all ages. Trips to Washington, D.C. are made available to high school students every other year and this year, they were able to go to N.Y.C. My ninth grader was able to experience this only through the school which was a great advantage. I would recommend this school to anyone who cares to be involved in a close knit family-type environment.

Posted February 23, 2004
This school provides a safe environment, special attention for students with needs, family atmosphere. Both of my children have attended since K-5 - 1 graduated in '98 and the youngest is graduating this year. We wouldn't have changed this experience for anything.

Edmund Burke Academy