New Cass High School 2

Posted September 27, 2014
I am currently a junior at Cass High and have very mixed feelings about this school. It is a very big and beautiful building and the administration is very welcoming. There are many teachers, however that I wonder about. For example, there is one teacher that has been complained about for years. I watched more movies in her class than I learned Spanish words. (I literally learned about four words in Spanish that entire year) The administers know about the problem, but continue to do nothing. One day the class was watching a movie that had absolutely nothing to do with Spanish and this teacher was sitting at her desk with her feet propped up and her laptop in her lap reading Hollywood gossip and a principal walked in and she didn't get in trouble at all. It amazes me the things teachers get away with. I have also seen and been a victim of bullying by a teacher. I was told that I was stupid by a math teacher almost everyday for a year and received many other negative comments by this same teacher. A biology teacher told half of the class that there was no hope for them and they should just give up. These are just a few examples of things that happen without fail at Cass High School.

Posted November 03, 2012
I think this school is great. It's so big and nice and clean. Teachers are excellent and they are fun to learn with. The school will do whatever it takes to create lifelong learners.

Posted September 19, 2011
Cass High is at new location! People explain our school as a castle. Our principal went and did a clean up of most of our bad teachers last year and this year we have a bunch of teachers who care and want to help there kids pass! Also in the passed few weeks a few of the students did a very bad thing. These kids were very loved by everyone but the principal knew that he needed to not be biased and gave these kids the discipline that they needed! I feel extremely safe here and I believe this is an amazing place for your students to come to!

New Cass High School 3

Posted January 26, 2010
I am a student currently at Cass High School, and i have several mixed feelings about my school. I will start with the good: Our school does have several good teachers who are really there to teach, and really care about their students and their student's academic success. We also are getting a brand new school next year, so hopefully we are less cramped into our tiny school we have now. We also have great sports/arts programs, that are very welcoming. Now of course we have the bad. For every good teacher, there seems to be 2-3 absolutely awful teachers. Some teachers make you wonder why they are even a teacher, because they hate children and overall do not want to teach. There is a very serious discipline problem. there are also serious problems with students 'dipping' tobacco. There are many more problems, but not enough space to explain. Please avoid.

New Cass High School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
Cass High school has an amazing special needs program. I have had a child in Cass since 2005. That was and Autistic child. They not only met his needs, they were understanding and concerned about him AND me. I now have another son in that school and he is doing exceptionally well. He is in AP classes and loves the teachers.

New Cass High School 1

Posted September 12, 2009
Terrible School! It doesn't even deserve a star. I took my children out of this school after one semester. They said they didn't feel safe at Cass. The administration has no control over its students.

New Cass High School 0

Posted September 08, 2009
this school is the best ive ever been to. It's got great teachers and wonderful students. and evern though i moved to a different school, i will always be a colonel. Go colonels!

New Cass High School 1

Posted August 12, 2009
I see someone wrote a review that their student only gets 15 minutes of homework a week. I don't know what classes your student takes, but my kids are doing homework for 2 to 3 hours per night. Of course, I think the main reason for that is that the teachers no longer teach...they expect the student to figure out what they are supposed to be learning. I was, for the most part, educated in Georgia schools, and they were far better than Cass High School ever thought of being. I would recommend sending your student to some other school other than Cass High, if you able.

Posted May 05, 2009

New Cass High School 2

Posted February 19, 2009
This school is to focused on sports and if you play a sport you can get away with anything, there are some good teacher there but other than that the rest of the staff is a joke.

New Cass High School