Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted December 02, 2015
Definitely need to be more up to speed on more modern ways to teach children. Common core is a bunch of baloney.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted December 02, 2015
In kindergarten, it was entirely too much. All of the schools are assigning way too much homework these days trying to make our children's mind work harder than it needs to be for their age. It's all about them test scores and the teachers getting to keep their jobs from year to year.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 02, 2015
ABSOLUTELY NOT! Using totally outdated information to teach children with dyslexia. If your child has dyslexia, do not go there. Other public schools are more progressive and making their teacher earn certifications that specialize in how to use multisensory approaches to learning. If you want your child to learn to spell and all your child has to do is check the box of the correct spelling word, then you'll be just fine there. They need some serious continuing education credit mandation, and not just on the items they want to pick to be their CEU's.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted December 02, 2015
My child acts respectable because I teach her to be respectable at home. I don't expect the teachers to have to do that for me.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted December 02, 2015
Some teachers are very pleasant such as Ms. McClure. However, every time I'm there I swear I hear a teacher yelling at a child for about something they could have said without yelling. One teacher said "What part of stop did you not hear?" We don't need sarcasm like that in our schools.; also yelling at students that want to talk during lunch is ridiculous. Their on a break, by all means let them talk. It's sad. They can't talk with the "quiet" music is playing. It's almost cruel.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted December 02, 2015
There is no continuity between teachers. I received information my child was struggling in certain areas in her IEP, but at the meeting, they acted like everything was dandy and they acted as if they didn't really want to hear my concerns and wanted to leave. It was like a cut and paste IEP from some text book. Horrible.

White Elementary School 2

Posted December 02, 2015
They haven't the slightest idea how to properly teach a child with dyslexia. They use no multi sensory approaches, although they claim they do. I've not seen it used once. If your child has a special need at all, get them out of there! I didn't rate them terrible, because I do think they are on top of security as far as keeping the children safe.

White Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2012
School is ok. They are very busy glorifying the CRCTs at the school and seem to care less about providing a nurturing environment for children. It's a shame because it seems like there is potential at White Elementary. There are a few great teachers at this school, but the majority of them consider it a "job". Lacking in extra-curricular activities, and the PTO seems to be highly-driven to take money consistently from children and parents. I added it up and with the PTO costs and school costs, I averaged a good portion for tuition at a private school. In addition, the Board of Education doesn't really care for its children and behave contrary to what they say they are doing. We are moving out of district for our children's education.

White Elementary School 5

Posted December 04, 2011
My oldest son went to White Elementary from 2004-2010 and my youngest started in 2010, he is currently in 1st grade. I had known of the school long before I had children and did not have a great impression at the time. After the past seven years I am glad I did not change where my son went to school. The teachers are tough, but they are also patient and caring. Both my children are very outgoing, and they have always kept communication strong and kept them in line, yet it is clear that they have truly cared for my child. I look forward to the next five years as my second child progresses through this school.

White Elementary School 3

Posted July 09, 2011
I have had two children at this school, and we are moving districts. I've heard great things about White Elem., and agree the atmosphere is positive and organized, the Principal and Assistant Principal are involved and quick to resolve issues, and they care for their special needs children. But, they are lacking in extra-curricular activities (science, chess, math club, etc), there is too much rigidity in making the kids freeze while the announcements are on, and little follow through on enrolling your child in programs they suggest unless you are on top of it. They could improve on challenging children who are bored by utilizing academic programs offered in other elementary schools. It seems that there is very little parent involvement, and the school suffers as a result. It is hard to say anything negative because the staff are all caring and you get the home-town feel. But, the school doesn't really serve the high-achieving child.

505 Colonel Way, White, GA  30184
Last modified White Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top