White, GA

Posted June 04, 2012
School is ok. They are very busy glorifying the CRCTs at the school and seem to care less about providing a nurturing environment for children. It's a shame because it seems like there is potential at White Elementary. There are a few great teachers at this school, but the majority of them consider it a "job". Lacking in extra-curricular activities, and the PTO seems to be highly-driven to take money consistently from children and parents. I added it up and with the PTO costs and school costs, I averaged a good portion for tuition at a private school. In addition, the Board of Education doesn't really care for its children and behave contrary to what they say they are doing. We are moving out of district for our children's education.

Posted December 04, 2011
My oldest son went to White Elementary from 2004-2010 and my youngest started in 2010, he is currently in 1st grade. I had known of the school long before I had children and did not have a great impression at the time. After the past seven years I am glad I did not change where my son went to school. The teachers are tough, but they are also patient and caring. Both my children are very outgoing, and they have always kept communication strong and kept them in line, yet it is clear that they have truly cared for my child. I look forward to the next five years as my second child progresses through this school.

Posted July 09, 2011
I have had two children at this school, and we are moving districts. I've heard great things about White Elem., and agree the atmosphere is positive and organized, the Principal and Assistant Principal are involved and quick to resolve issues, and they care for their special needs children. But, they are lacking in extra-curricular activities (science, chess, math club, etc), there is too much rigidity in making the kids freeze while the announcements are on, and little follow through on enrolling your child in programs they suggest unless you are on top of it. They could improve on challenging children who are bored by utilizing academic programs offered in other elementary schools. It seems that there is very little parent involvement, and the school suffers as a result. It is hard to say anything negative because the staff are all caring and you get the home-town feel. But, the school doesn't really serve the high-achieving child.

White Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2008
My child has been at White since 2004 and I have been so blessed to have my child go there. The teachers are caring and give 110% effort. The school improves every year in how they run the school and the activites they offer. I have recommened this school to everyone I know and will continue to do so. I hope anyone who reads this will understand that there will always be differences of opinions, but this is the school for your child. I promise you will not be disappointed. If any of the staff of White reads this please know you are greatly appreciated!

Posted July 29, 2008
I love White Elementary! My 1st and 3rd grader have attended the school since K! My children love the caring atmosphere, the challenge of learning, and the wonderful friends that we have made along the way! Being involved as a parent volunteer has enabled me to get involved with my children's education and I am able to see the school inside-out. My children love the staff. The staff is ready to take time & listen to improve my children's education and learning experience. Both of my children have excelled with state testing and look forward to return in August '08. Thanks White Elementary!

White Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2008
I cannot tell you the progress my 2 children have made at White Elementary School. It truly is all about the kids there. If you read the 2005 reviews it is evident that you can't please everyone...come and see the school for yourself. Speaking for my family....we couldn't be happier.

Posted May 13, 2008
I currently have one child at White and one that attended in the past. The teachers are caring and show great concern for our children. It is in the culture of the faculty of the school. My children flourished at WES both acacemically and socially.

Posted May 07, 2008
I would love it if the parents who wrote the comments back in 2005 about White could see our school now. The moral of our school is fantastic! Parents, staff and most importantly children seem to be coming together and creating a great community. There are great things happening in our school. This school is a new experience for anyone who comes here. I have had all types of people tell me how much they appreciate our teachers and our PTO! I am very proud of this little school. It has really come out of the box and up in the world since my child started 3 years ago. I look forward to many more great things at WES. Also, to those commenting on no extra curricular activities; we have a science club, a technology club and chorus. I think they are starting a spirit squad next year too!

White Elementary School 0

Posted April 11, 2008
White elementary is a great school from the teachers, administration and the parent involvment. The best part about it is my child feels loved. That is so important for the childrens confidence. Great education is a top priority for the school and I am amazed and so pleased with what my children have learned.

Posted December 05, 2007
My son has been at White for 2 years now and I could not be happier! He has had the best teachers ever! I can't believe the material he is learning in 1st grade! I have to say I am very impressed with the teachers, office staff, administration, and everybody at White. Anytime I need something, I am helped promptly and with a smile! And my Goodness, check out their CRCT test scores for the past few years. With scores like that, you know quality education is going on in that building! Thanks White for everything you have done for my child!

White Elementary School
505 Colonel Way, White, GA  30184
Last modified White Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top