Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Definitely need to be more up to speed on more modern ways to teach children. Common core is a bunch of baloney.

Amount of homework: no rating

In kindergarten, it was entirely too much. All of the schools are assigning way too much homework these days trying to make our children's mind work harder than it needs to be for their age. It's all about them test scores and the teachers getting to keep their jobs from year to year.

Develops character: Disagree

There is no continuity between teachers. I received information my child was struggling in certain areas in her IEP, but at the meeting, they acted like everything was dandy and they acted as if they didn't really want to hear my concerns and wanted to leave. It was like a cut and paste IEP from some text book. Horrible.

They haven't the slightest idea how to properly teach a child with dyslexia. They use no multi sensory approaches, although they claim they do. I've not seen it used once. If your child has a special need at all, get them out of there! I didn't rate them terrible, because I do think they are on top of security as far as keeping the children safe.

School is ok. They are very busy glorifying the CRCTs at the school and seem to care less about providing a nurturing environment for children. It's a shame because it seems like there is potential at White Elementary. There are a few great teachers at this school, but the majority of them consider it a "job". Lacking in extra-curricular activities, and the PTO seems to be highly-driven to take money consistently from children and parents. I added it up and with the PTO costs and school costs, I averaged a good portion for tuition at a private school. In addition, the Board of Education doesn't really care for its children and behave contrary to what they say they are doing. We are moving out of district for our children's education.

My oldest son went to White Elementary from 2004-2010 and my youngest started in 2010, he is currently in 1st grade. I had known of the school long before I had children and did not have a great impression at the time. After the past seven years I am glad I did not change where my son went to school. The teachers are tough, but they are also patient and caring. Both my children are very outgoing, and they have always kept communication strong and kept them in line, yet it is clear that they have truly cared for my child. I look forward to the next five years as my second child progresses through this school.

I have had two children at this school, and we are moving districts. I've heard great things about White Elem., and agree the atmosphere is positive and organized, the Principal and Assistant Principal are involved and quick to resolve issues, and they care for their special needs children. But, they are lacking in extra-curricular activities (science, chess, math club, etc), there is too much rigidity in making the kids freeze while the announcements are on, and little follow through on enrolling your child in programs they suggest unless you are on top of it. They could improve on challenging children who are bored by utilizing academic programs offered in other elementary schools. It seems that there is very little parent involvement, and the school suffers as a result. It is hard to say anything negative because the staff are all caring and you get the home-town feel. But, the school doesn't really serve the high-achieving child.

My child has been at White since 2004 and I have been so blessed to have my child go there. The teachers are caring and give 110% effort. The school improves every year in how they run the school and the activites they offer. I have recommened this school to everyone I know and will continue to do so. I hope anyone who reads this will understand that there will always be differences of opinions, but this is the school for your child. I promise you will not be disappointed. If any of the staff of White reads this please know you are greatly appreciated!

I love White Elementary! My 1st and 3rd grader have attended the school since K! My children love the caring atmosphere, the challenge of learning, and the wonderful friends that we have made along the way! Being involved as a parent volunteer has enabled me to get involved with my children's education and I am able to see the school inside-out. My children love the staff. The staff is ready to take time & listen to improve my children's education and learning experience. Both of my children have excelled with state testing and look forward to return in August '08. Thanks White Elementary!

I cannot tell you the progress my 2 children have made at White Elementary School. It truly is all about the kids there. If you read the 2005 reviews it is evident that you can't please everyone...come and see the school for yourself. Speaking for my family....we couldn't be happier.

Last modified White Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.