Winder, GA

Haymon-Morris Middle School 4

Posted December 04, 2014
my 3rd Child is in their last year at Haymond Morris, I have had NO problems or issues with any of my kids education or social support.

Posted July 30, 2011
hated, hated, just dread of going to haymon morris. It was horrible there was fights when i went there 3 in a day! teaches would yell at you for little things. People would get introuble everyday i didnt feel safe there. That why i got to go to a diffrent school in 7th grade because of this.

Posted April 03, 2011
My kids make good grades and are typical middle school kids, but they have grown to hate school. My youngest son used to be a teachers pet to all of his elementary teachers and still keeps in touch with most of them. His middle school teachers on the other hand, he cant stand, and I dont blame him. The school has an unwritten policy, Us against them. Ive spoke with several of their previous elementary teachers and they have (wispered in my ear) told me they would never move up to teach middle school due to the Principals' policies. I had to accually threaten to sue my oldest sons math teacher if he didnt stop picking on my son and using him as his personal whipping boy. Im really thinking about putting my kids it a private school. I dont want them to dislike school, but they are slowly slipping away. Dont get me started on the CRCT. This test is more about teachers performance than the kids. Because of this the teachers spend wayyyy too much time studying for it to save their own jobs. I will be the first to say that when Pres. Bush introduced this I was all on board, but it has only slowed our kids learning even worse! This test is holding all of our kids back, globally.

Haymon-Morris Middle School 5

Posted April 01, 2011
Our 6th grader has thrived at HMMS. Wonderful principal, staff, & teachers.It is a structured environment so the students know what is expected of them at all times. If your child does his/her best & shows respect, they will do just fine!

Posted April 13, 2010
I had excessive amounts of unnecessary homework (to the point that I had to quit church on Wednesdays to finish). The teachers are unorganized, unprofessional, and temperamental. The atmosphere is unsupportive and threatening and you've got to do your best to succeed, then get left behind if teachers and peers don't consider your best good enough. I am extremely disappointed with this school.

Haymon-Morris Middle School 0

Posted March 26, 2010
I think this school is ok.Most teachers are always trying to get someone in trouble.

Posted March 14, 2010
I have one child at the school, and as a teacher I would say this school is not where it should be. The math dept. is BAD and the leadeship is not good. VERY over rated school and will be sending my child to private school next year.

Haymon-Morris Middle School 5

Posted February 21, 2010
I have 2 daughters, that attended Haymon-Morris Middle School. I have never seen such structure, within a middle school. The students are able to thrive here, and although it is extremely structured, I truly believe, the atmosphere is loving, and supportive, it prepares students, as they continue their journey towards High School! My daughters entered this school little girls, and left mature, young ladies.

Posted October 10, 2009

Haymon-Morris Middle School 2

Posted July 13, 2009
I just graduated 8th grade at haymon-morris and I have to say I am so glad I am out of that school!! The Math teachers are horrible!! We can't have fun. My parents went every year to get help for me in math and the school said they would do all of these things to help me but nothing every happened! Now my brother has to spend 3 years there! But it is better than some of the other schools in the area.

Haymon-Morris Middle School
1008 Haymon Morris Rd, Winder, GA  30680
Last modified Haymon-Morris Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haymon-Morris Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top