K-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Dear Parents, Thanks for checking out our school on greatschools.org. Over the last 15 years, we have enjoyed many wonderful reviews by parents who couldn t be happier with our school. However, the openness of social media and a website like this one can also be a place that you will find frustration, anger, and even hateful speech. My inclination is to defend the school by giving the reader enough detail to blunt or neutralize these kinds of verbal attacks. However, that would not be practical or appropriate. Instead, I will make this statement: Our school will continue to encourage and exhort students to behavior and attitudes that honor the Lord. I am grateful that most students respond to that kind of shepherding in a positive manner, but when a student continues to engage in behavior that is not God honoring, despite a great deal of time and effort invested in the student, we will do what is necessary to uphold the integrity of the school and the student body as a whole. My hope is that those kinds of values are important to your family and you will come and visit to take a closer look at Cherokee Christian Schools. In Christ, Mike Lee Superintendent
November 10, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Our daughter started in first grade and the teaching and care given to the kids is fantastic, her test scores have been great and her reading is off the charts. Faculty has been wonderful to work with, everyone wants to see the kids flourish both academically and spiritually. Just a great environment!

I came to Cherokee Christian when I was a freshman in high school. I immediately loved it! I found so many friends and teachers who supported me and challenged me to grow both spiritually and acedemically. I was pushed to be my best and that has prepared me very well for school. The environment there is very welcoming. The teachers are always open to talking to help with anything whether it be with academics or even if it is ubrelated. My point it, I was always very welcome at the school and the teachers and faculty do their best to push students to grow both acedemically and spiritually.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All the teachers I had at the school were very passionate about they taught and it showed in their teaching. All the teachers were both good at teaching and supporting students. They are all very welcoming and open to encouraging students in academics and spiritual growth. Even though I have graduated I am still in touch with some of the teachers. Thy take time to get to know every student and encourage them.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Leadership works together in a way that honors God, and strives for the best they can give their students and their families.

I learned and developed social skills, and made godly friends! I would not be who I am today if i had not grown under the faculty and staff here. Amazing experience!!

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

When issues arise, the counselors and sometimes the administration get involved, bringing in the parents when necessary to nip these problems in the bud before they escalate. As previously stated, the students are proactively taught to love and respect others, and the school addresses behavioral issues as they present themselves rather than ignoring them until they get out of hand.

Supports LD students: Agree

This is true up to a point. CCS has a program called The Bridge to assist those students who need extra help due to a processing issue or learning disability. I cannot speak directly to where the line is drawn in terms of what type of disability is too severe for CCS to provide help.

Effective school leaders: Agree

CCS has a clear mission as communicated by the headmaster and carried out by the administration and teachers.

Develops character: Strongly agree

CCS has high standards for truthfulness and integrity both academically and on a personal level. Through Christian Living classes, students are taught the biblical basis for integrity, compassion, and respect (as well as other Christian character traits) and given assignments related to developing these traits. In addition, each teacher reinforces these traits through their daily interactions with their students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids are learning and thriving academically, yet they are challenged. I like that the school has a tutoring program to assist the students in areas where they may struggle. Also, the teachers are willing to meet with parents and students should the need for help or guidance arise.

Last modified Cherokee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12