Woodstock, GA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Dear Parents, Thanks for checking out our school on greatschools.org. Over the last 15 years, we have enjoyed many wonderful reviews by parents who couldn t be happier with our school. However, the openness of social media and a website like this one can also be a place that you will find frustration, anger, and even hateful speech. My inclination is to defend the school by giving the reader enough detail to blunt or neutralize these kinds of verbal attacks. However, that would not be practical or appropriate. Instead, I will make this statement: Our school will continue to encourage and exhort students to behavior and attitudes that honor the Lord. I am grateful that most students respond to that kind of shepherding in a positive manner, but when a student continues to engage in behavior that is not God honoring, despite a great deal of time and effort invested in the student, we will do what is necessary to uphold the integrity of the school and the student body as a whole. My hope is that those kinds of values are important to your family and you will come and visit to take a closer look at Cherokee Christian Schools. In Christ, Mike Lee Superintendent
November 10, 2014

Posted November 17, 2014
CCS has been my home for almost 10 years now, and every year I've grown to love it more and more. I'm proud to say that I've gone to this school since kindergarten and have never even considered going to another one. This year was my first year of high school. I don t think I ve ever been so scared about starting a school year. Now I ve been in high school for about half a year. I won t lie. It s HARD. I have to work really hard to keep my grades up, and sometimes I get really stressed, but more than ever, this year I ve realized how amazing and godly the teachers are, and how willing they are to talk to you if you need advice or help or just an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on. High school can be really tough, but all of the precious moments I ve had at CCS make up for that: the deep, heart-to-heart conversations I ve had with teachers, the quiet mornings in Praise Band where it s just me, our small, 5-person band, and God, the special talks we have in Bible class (which is more like a Bible study than a class). Honestly, I don t think I ve ever felt closer to God than I have this year. If you re looking for a school to go to, please try CCS. I guarantee you won t regret it.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 15, 2014
Our oldest daughter entered kindergarten in the fall of 2011. To sum up the experience as life-changing and awesome would be an understatement. Not only did she flourish and grow, but our family did as well. There is no greater feeling than knowing that your child s teacher loves her as one of her own and truly wants what is best for your child. Our daughter acquired many skills that year, academically, socially and spiritually. Our youngest daughter started kindergarten this past fall. We feel extremely blessed to be a part of Cherokee Christian School and know that God s hand is truly on the school, faculty, and students.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 12, 2014
It s my privilege to wholeheartedly recommend Cherokee Christian School. In considering CCS, my wife and I wanted our daughters to attend a school that would challenge them academically and help them prepare for college. CCS has done a wonderful job providing that very thing. Our oldest daughter is now a freshman in college and doing very well, due in large part to the excellent instruction and preparation she received at CCS. We also wanted a school that taught from a biblical world view. The school does an excellent job here as well, both in the high school with our oldest daughters, and in the elementary school with our youngest. The truth of God s Word is woven through everything that s taught. I am profoundly grateful for this! Other things we appreciate about CCS are it s well-qualified, concerned, and involved teaching staff, it s extra-curricular activities (particularly the fine arts department), it s hands-on school board and excellent headmaster, and last but by no means least, it s helpful financial aid program. Here s to Cherokee Christian for doing an excellent job at what its name implies: being an outstanding Christian school!
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 11, 2014
Both of my children have attended CCS since Kindergarten... we've had a total of 6 years experience with this school thus far, and have no plans on leaving any time soon. Both of my children have had their share of learning challenges but all of their teachers have always gone above and beyond to help us deal with those struggles. Our children have really thrived there. In addition, the relationships we've made at the school as parents has helped change our lives. We truly feel that our children are receiving a Christ-centered education surrounded by grace and people who care about them tremendously. I encourage anyone considering CCS to visit the school, speak with staff members, and talk to other parents. I cannot recommend this school enough. I can't imagine my children any where else.
8 people found this helpful

Cherokee Christian School 1

Posted October 22, 2014
Not the same school it was years ago.. I have had two children attend the school for over 13 years and the school has lost its soul. What started out as a good christian based school run by caring professions has experienced a devolution in to a very Judgmental and uncaring environment. The original staff that built the school has either moved on or has been pushed out to non-influential positions. They have been replaced by a more radical and fundamentalist brand of Christian. Needless to say Catholics, Orthodox and mainstream Protestants will find their theology distasteful and even insulting. Having said all that the academics are still above average. Class sizes are small, tuition is reasonable but their are far better schools for your child to attend.
15 people found this helpful

Posted August 14, 2014
CCS is an awesome school. The staff is caring and nurturing. The school has a strong academic program that keeps its foundation on Christian beliefs, not a world view. The middle school is especially amazing. The kids are taught and loved on in a sweet environment. I have not seen or heard about any of the bullying or clique issues found in nearby schools. The kids all seem to get along great and work together as a team, accepting and including everyone. Moving into middle school has been a non-event for my children as they entered from 5th grade. Our family has attended CCS for 4 years and plan to stay. We love the school and all that is represents. Superior academics from a Christian worldview. You will love CCS if you take a tour.
9 people found this helpful

Posted April 15, 2014
dont believe the fake reviews. Three years ago, I attended Cherokee Christian School for one semester and had enough of it already. The way the socializing went about was just ridicolous. They made me feel welcome for about two weeks, and then after that made me feel like I didnt exist for the rest of the school year! Everyone who ive asked thats gone there says the only way to be 'cool' is to go there for two or three years and then you will have friends. The hypocrisy. The teachers and staff get way into our personal life and business, and some of the rules are completely unneccessary. Also, wearing a uniform gets old quickly if its not your thing. The amount of work and some of the curriculum was alright but Bible isnt a recognized course. I came into the 2nd semester and they refused to let me take Spanish class because I didnt 'sufficiently learn enough required'. So I had to make a year of Spanish credit up in the next High School I went to. I had one teacher and one staff tell me I was doing well, then the next day they had a meeting with my mom after school saying I was 'being lazy'. The only thing Christian about this school is the chapel days on Tuesday. Dont recommend.
8 people found this helpful

Posted February 25, 2014
As a formal student of CCHS and CCS after reading these reviews I am taken back at how ignorant the parents are pertaining to the actual school. The school is full of favoritism, cliques, and useless faculty. I would NOT recommend sending any of your kids to this school, ESPECIALLY the high school. There are far better academic and athletic opportunities elsewhere. One of my fond memories of this school was being forced to pick weeds out of a dirt patch (all of the high school had to do this). With promises that the dirt patch will later become of some use, only to have weeds grow in it again which made that day of unnecessary and un-academic labor to be put to waste. I would rate the faculty as a 2/5, students are a 2/5 because they are cliquey and quite frankly at the highschool level there is an aurora around them of not wanting anything to do with this school (for good reason). The actual education is a 3/5 and the athletic program is a solid 0/5.
5 people found this helpful

Posted December 27, 2013
I started kindergarten at CCS. Elementary school was great and I loved my teachers. Middle school was great too. Then I got into high school. Many of my friends left before freshman year because they had heard bad things about the high school. I tried high school and even was in the STEM program. As the year progressed my frustration increased. The teachers were not at all helpful. Many cliques formed and I felt like I had almost zero true friends. Also the STEM classes seemed to just be regular classes, nothing special. Also the academic counselor was a joke. She never made any effort to talk to me. I even asked about dual enrollment and AP classes. I changed schools after that freshman year and I am now at another private school. The teachers are so much more helpful and the academic counselor actually helps me. Also everyone at my new school is sooo much nicer than at CCSAdditionally I will be attending KSU through dual enrollment next year which I find to be very exciting. Overall CCS was good for a bit, but I do not recommend the high school.
7 people found this helpful

Posted October 18, 2013
My daughter just started at CCS this year and is in 5th grade. Before CCS, she was attending public school and I can't tell you what a blessing this school has been to us both. As a single mom raising a daughter, I had to take a look at what type of people she had around her that influenced her life. Public school was not allowing her to become a Godly and compassionate young woman. CCS has been life altering and my daughter has really been filled with love, tenderness and compassion for others. She never comes home with anxitey or drama like she has in the past. We are SO thankful that we chose CCS......best decision I could have ever made for my child.
10 people found this helpful

Cherokee Christian School
3075 Trickum Road, Woodstock, GA  30188
Last modified Cherokee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Cherokee Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top