Cherokee Christian School 1

Posted October 22, 2014
Not the same school it was years ago.. I have had two children attend the school for over 13 years and the school has lost its soul. What started out as a good christian based school run by caring professions has experienced a devolution in to a very Judgmental and uncaring environment. The original staff that built the school has either moved on or has been pushed out to non-influential positions. They have been replaced by a more radical and fundamentalist brand of Christian. Needless to say Catholics, Orthodox and mainstream Protestants will find their theology distasteful and even insulting. Having said all that the academics are still above average. Class sizes are small, tuition is reasonable but their are far better schools for your child to attend.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 14, 2014
CCS is an awesome school. The staff is caring and nurturing. The school has a strong academic program that keeps its foundation on Christian beliefs, not a world view. The middle school is especially amazing. The kids are taught and loved on in a sweet environment. I have not seen or heard about any of the bullying or clique issues found in nearby schools. The kids all seem to get along great and work together as a team, accepting and including everyone. Moving into middle school has been a non-event for my children as they entered from 5th grade. Our family has attended CCS for 4 years and plan to stay. We love the school and all that is represents. Superior academics from a Christian worldview. You will love CCS if you take a tour.

Posted April 15, 2014
dont believe the fake reviews. Three years ago, I attended Cherokee Christian School for one semester and had enough of it already. The way the socializing went about was just ridicolous. They made me feel welcome for about two weeks, and then after that made me feel like I didnt exist for the rest of the school year! Everyone who ive asked thats gone there says the only way to be 'cool' is to go there for two or three years and then you will have friends. The hypocrisy. The teachers and staff get way into our personal life and business, and some of the rules are completely unneccessary. Also, wearing a uniform gets old quickly if its not your thing. The amount of work and some of the curriculum was alright but Bible isnt a recognized course. I came into the 2nd semester and they refused to let me take Spanish class because I didnt 'sufficiently learn enough required'. So I had to make a year of Spanish credit up in the next High School I went to. I had one teacher and one staff tell me I was doing well, then the next day they had a meeting with my mom after school saying I was 'being lazy'. The only thing Christian about this school is the chapel days on Tuesday. Dont recommend.

Posted February 25, 2014
As a formal student of CCHS and CCS after reading these reviews I am taken back at how ignorant the parents are pertaining to the actual school. The school is full of favoritism, cliques, and useless faculty. I would NOT recommend sending any of your kids to this school, ESPECIALLY the high school. There are far better academic and athletic opportunities elsewhere. One of my fond memories of this school was being forced to pick weeds out of a dirt patch (all of the high school had to do this). With promises that the dirt patch will later become of some use, only to have weeds grow in it again which made that day of unnecessary and un-academic labor to be put to waste. I would rate the faculty as a 2/5, students are a 2/5 because they are cliquey and quite frankly at the highschool level there is an aurora around them of not wanting anything to do with this school (for good reason). The actual education is a 3/5 and the athletic program is a solid 0/5.

Posted December 27, 2013
I started kindergarten at CCS. Elementary school was great and I loved my teachers. Middle school was great too. Then I got into high school. Many of my friends left before freshman year because they had heard bad things about the high school. I tried high school and even was in the STEM program. As the year progressed my frustration increased. The teachers were not at all helpful. Many cliques formed and I felt like I had almost zero true friends. Also the STEM classes seemed to just be regular classes, nothing special. Also the academic counselor was a joke. She never made any effort to talk to me. I even asked about dual enrollment and AP classes. I changed schools after that freshman year and I am now at another private school. The teachers are so much more helpful and the academic counselor actually helps me. Also everyone at my new school is sooo much nicer than at CCSAdditionally I will be attending KSU through dual enrollment next year which I find to be very exciting. Overall CCS was good for a bit, but I do not recommend the high school.

Posted October 18, 2013
My daughter just started at CCS this year and is in 5th grade. Before CCS, she was attending public school and I can't tell you what a blessing this school has been to us both. As a single mom raising a daughter, I had to take a look at what type of people she had around her that influenced her life. Public school was not allowing her to become a Godly and compassionate young woman. CCS has been life altering and my daughter has really been filled with love, tenderness and compassion for others. She never comes home with anxitey or drama like she has in the past. We are SO thankful that we chose CCS......best decision I could have ever made for my child.

Posted October 14, 2013
My children have been attending CCS for 5 years. We have been so blessed and encouraged by the teachers and staff and their love for the kids. We love our CCS family!

Posted October 07, 2013
My family and I moved to Marietta in the Summer of 2012. We chose Cherokee Christian School because of the S.T.E.M. classes and Christian environment. So far my education has been great; I feel that I'm getting the most out of my classes and that my teachers truly know how to teach the material. Thanks to this school, I got the opportunity to go to Valdosta over the Summer for the Governor's Honors Program for Mathematics (and I was accepted). My counselor has been very helpful in my college application process, and I've already applied to Georgia Tech for early admission and plan on applying to several other colleges. I'm planning on becoming a Math major at Georgia Tech and I feel lucky to be part of such a strong Mathematics department.

Posted October 06, 2013
I am a parent of a child at Cherokee Christian School and a teacher there as well. It is a great place to teach and work. I feel very blessed to be able to teach where my child is in such a loving atmosphere where teachers go out of their way to be sure their students are successful. My child loves CCS and her teachers have been amazing. I can not imagine her going anywhere else. She is challenged academically and loved all day long.

Posted October 04, 2013
Cherokee Christian is an amazing school!! Our family has been a part of the CCS family for 5 years. All of the teachers and staff are so loving and caring. They help my daughters strive to not only do their best academically but spiritually as well. They are a true example of Christ's love every day! So blessed and thankful for this wonderful school!!!

Cherokee Christian School
3075 Trickum Road, Woodstock, GA  30188
Last modified Cherokee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Cherokee Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top