K-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (7 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Posted May 05, 2016
Lyndon Academy is above and beyond the best school our children have ever attended. The amazing faculty and staff encourage, coach, praise and inspire students to be the very best they can be academically, while helping them become involved and active, tri-lingual business leaders of the future. We are forever grateful to Lyndon Academy for exceeding our expectations in regards to the education of our children, with test scores that speak volumes about the curriculum and the instructors teaching it (scores in the 90th percentile nationally... amazing). Unfortunately, we relocated out of state - but the exemplary education our children received at Lyndon Academy gave them a definite advantage over others. Our son was one of under 60 new students accepted into a program that dual enrolls high school students for college classes. Yes - our son is already on his college path as a freshman, and will graduate from high school with his Associate's Degree. Our daughter, who is currently a 6th grader, transitioned smoothly into an academically-advanced middle school magnet program and is already on the same path as our son. We attribute the children's success to test scores and overall achievement at Lyndon. If you are looking for a growing school that focuses on your child's future, look no further - you have found the best in Lyndon Academy!

Lyndon Academy 2

Posted May 04, 2016
Will not re-enroll my kid. The school always seems unorganized. They have a high teacher turnover (get rid of the good ones like the pe teacher and 5 athletic directors in 2 years). My kid does not like the lunch and is not allowed to bring it. It lacks variety. Every year the school cuts cost back more and more, then begs for money for the parents to open another hallway and gym. They took away laptops. There are not locks on the lockers and it is a known fact that stuff has been stolen out of lockers several times.

Posted March 31, 2016
The teachers love my kid. They communicate with my wife and I regularly. We receive notes and emails almost daily. In my observations of the classrooms, the teachers manage their rooms well, and there are very few distractions outside of the norm with little kids. The exposure in multiple disciplines is amazing. My kid has seven teachers ... one for each subject and loves traveling to a different environment every forty minutes.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 31, 2016
I want to thank all of the 14 adults who touch my child's life every day.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 31, 2016
Students can't average school wide at the 90th percentile in the nation without effective teachers, nor can more than 70% test eligible for Duke TIP without effective teaching.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 31, 2016
There is never busy work. It is a great resource for practice. My son usually has three or four nights of homework in a week, and none of it is too taxing.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted March 21, 2016
The teachers are mean. I was talking in my group and we where not being loud and we got in trouble for being loud.

Posted January 28, 2016
The best option for private education in Cherokee County. Our son is in his second year at Lyndon and is doing great. He is engaged, challenged, and learning in a way that just doesn't happen at public schools today. Most noticeably, he is genuinely happy to go to school. The class sizes (none larger than 16 students) are probably the biggest draw, but the dividends that come from these smaller ratios are immeasurable and so important for the early years in education. We are very happy to have Lyndon as our school.

Posted January 24, 2016
Lyndon Academy offered rare trilingual programs which include Spanish and Mandarin Chinese. My kid came to Lyndon academy barely know how to read and write in English and now she can read/speak/write in 3 different languages! The teachers here are devoted to their students. A word of advice for the perspective parents, it is a joint effort between teachers and the home front to get the most benefit from this school. In fact, you probably will have to sit with your child during the 1st year on the school nights to help your child to finish homework and study. But boy, I can tell you, the efforts are worth it. You will see. Once the kid knows the routines and what would be expected. He/she will become a self-sufficient learner and I think that is the most exciting thing to see!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 13, 2016
The test scores and grades speak for themselves. Our teachers are top notch at all levels.

485 Toonigh Road (close to Sixes Road), Woodstock, GA  30188