Woodstock, GA

Mountain Road Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2014
I called this school to receive info about enrolling my daughter and the receptionist who answered the phone was rude, and incompetent. This is not a great first impression we are moving to Ga soon my daughter will never step foot in this school.

Posted July 15, 2013
This is a fabulous school! Teachers are the best in the county. The PTA is also the best. They donate a lot of their time and efforts in coordinating activities, special events, etc. for students and staff. One negative is the counselor. She seems to not do much around the school. I had an encounter with her where she was very negative with me and my son. I think her name is Ms. Hall. I have seen her walk around being in everyone's business instead of working with children. We could use a better counselor. I gave Principal Leadership one star for the old principal. She was never seen outside of her office. Not very social. Very excited to have a new principal!!!

Posted March 10, 2010
My daughter went here for 3 years this is the best school she has been to in 7 years. The staff does care all of them. My child is now terrified to go to the new middle school in the area . Because she does not feel safe. She is in Sp Ed. I wish we had a MT. Rd. Middle School. This is by far the best school in Cherokee County..

Posted September 16, 2009
Mountain road Elem. is truly a school that has staff that cares for its children! Mountain road has a wonderful special Ed program that is dedicated to caring for these special students in need. My son has thrived and has developed a passion for reading, helping others, and a bright outlook for what he may become in the future.

Posted July 12, 2009
Excellent school with a very involved PTA. It is smaller than other elementary schools which gives it a private school feel with better individual attention per child. I have two children at Mountain Road and they have thrived here.

Posted July 06, 2009
My younger son has learning disabilities, and will be going to this school this year. We had Kindergarten transition meeting, and there were 5 professionals in the room to discuss a plan for my child. Very impressed. My older daughter has behavioral problems, but through the support of the school counselor and her Kindergarten and Grade 1 teachers, she is improving each year. In spite of her inability to concentrate, she scored well on the Grade 1 standardized test, and is very passionate about education. Teachers are the most valuable asset of this school. The school itself is safe and nurturing.

Posted January 12, 2009
I am a proud parent of 4 children that have attended this school from the start of their school career. I cannot praise these teachers enough. every one of them will be remembered for their kindness. Thank you Mountain Road teachers, keep up the good works in all your students to come.

Posted August 07, 2008
This school is unbelievable. I went to 10 different schools by the fifth grade as a child. The amount of support my child has received I believe would only be found in a private school. They actually assigned a team of people to help my child. He has a high I Q which was confusing to them, but yet he was having problem learning. The have spend 2 years of diligent effort with different experts to help him. I think that says it all. He is doing better. They have an excellent handle on the children s conduct. In six years I have not heard of one fight in the school and I have sent 3 children there.

Posted March 11, 2008
We have attended this school for 2 years. The parents are storngly involved and encouraged to be a part of the schools environment. With reading days and special PTA events. Parents are encouraged to visit the class room and teachers are great at communication

Posted March 03, 2008
We have been in this district for the past 8 years. Our oldest in now a junior in high school and is attending honors and AP classes. My two youngest children have been in Mountain Road since Kindergarten and have received a great education - sadly we are moving and will miss this wonderful school. The PTA has wonderful activities. The school offers basketball and baseball that many children enjoy. The environment is very safe and employees are very helpful. We will miss Bingo Night and Movie Night, the talent show and all of the fun yearly activities. You won't regret enrolling your children at this school!

Mountain Road Elementary School
615 Mountain Rd, Woodstock, GA  30188
Last modified Mountain Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top