Woodstock, GA

Posted March 20, 2015
Mountain Road is an excellent school because of the teachers they hire. I am beyond greatful that the teachers there make the children accountable for their actions and work. These teachers rarely get to hear the "Good Stuff" but my children have been taught life lessons that reach far outside the classroom by these teachers. In an age of entitlement and changing the rules for one student these teachers hold themseleves to a higher standard that extends beyond what is required. More postives than negatives at this school ask anyone!!
4 people found this helpful

Mountain Road Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2015
I will be watching closely to the actions taken by The Cherokee Board Of Education,and this school concerning the incident involving a fourth grade teacher and the method of punishment used in a classroom there. If the policy of this teacher is accountability, let her be held accountable .
2 people found this helpful

Mountain Road Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2014
I called this school to receive info about enrolling my daughter and the receptionist who answered the phone was rude, and incompetent. This is not a great first impression we are moving to Ga soon my daughter will never step foot in this school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 15, 2013
This is a fabulous school! Teachers are the best in the county. The PTA is also the best. They donate a lot of their time and efforts in coordinating activities, special events, etc. for students and staff. One negative is the counselor. She seems to not do much around the school. I had an encounter with her where she was very negative with me and my son. I think her name is Ms. Hall. I have seen her walk around being in everyone's business instead of working with children. We could use a better counselor. I gave Principal Leadership one star for the old principal. She was never seen outside of her office. Not very social. Very excited to have a new principal!!!

Posted March 10, 2010
My daughter went here for 3 years this is the best school she has been to in 7 years. The staff does care all of them. My child is now terrified to go to the new middle school in the area . Because she does not feel safe. She is in Sp Ed. I wish we had a MT. Rd. Middle School. This is by far the best school in Cherokee County..

Posted September 16, 2009
Mountain road Elem. is truly a school that has staff that cares for its children! Mountain road has a wonderful special Ed program that is dedicated to caring for these special students in need. My son has thrived and has developed a passion for reading, helping others, and a bright outlook for what he may become in the future.

Posted July 12, 2009
Excellent school with a very involved PTA. It is smaller than other elementary schools which gives it a private school feel with better individual attention per child. I have two children at Mountain Road and they have thrived here.

Posted July 06, 2009
My younger son has learning disabilities, and will be going to this school this year. We had Kindergarten transition meeting, and there were 5 professionals in the room to discuss a plan for my child. Very impressed. My older daughter has behavioral problems, but through the support of the school counselor and her Kindergarten and Grade 1 teachers, she is improving each year. In spite of her inability to concentrate, she scored well on the Grade 1 standardized test, and is very passionate about education. Teachers are the most valuable asset of this school. The school itself is safe and nurturing.

Posted January 12, 2009
I am a proud parent of 4 children that have attended this school from the start of their school career. I cannot praise these teachers enough. every one of them will be remembered for their kindness. Thank you Mountain Road teachers, keep up the good works in all your students to come.

Posted August 07, 2008
This school is unbelievable. I went to 10 different schools by the fifth grade as a child. The amount of support my child has received I believe would only be found in a private school. They actually assigned a team of people to help my child. He has a high I Q which was confusing to them, but yet he was having problem learning. The have spend 2 years of diligent effort with different experts to help him. I think that says it all. He is doing better. They have an excellent handle on the children s conduct. In six years I have not heard of one fight in the school and I have sent 3 children there.

Mountain Road Elementary School
615 Mountain Rd, Woodstock, GA  30188
Last modified Mountain Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top