Woodstock, GA
Students enrolled: 1,414

Posted May 18, 2015
I have a 5th grader who has been at LR since Kindergarten. I also have 2 other children at the school Overall we have had a great experience. My children have been appropriately challenged. When I have had questions and concerns, the administration has always quickly dealt with the problem. I feel that my kids are still allowed to be kids in an age where many school have unrealistic expectation on children. My kids have learned without feeling like they are pressured or stressed. I find it interesting that the 1 star reviews of LR are based on 1 teacher (every school has a bad apple in the bunch), 1 day at the school, and 1 phone call to the school. I would think no matter where you go there will be an occasional bad day.

Posted May 18, 2015
We love Little River! Great teachers and great staff! Fabulous PTA! We are so happy with Little River! It's truly amazing!

Posted May 18, 2015
I have 1st and 4th grader at LRE. We love our school. Do not be concerned about the size. It is big, but has a close knit family appeal. Great administration and teachers.

Posted May 18, 2015
Great school, principal, staff, teachers and many ways to be involved. We love LRE. Kids love LRE.

Posted May 18, 2015
We are finishing up our Kindergarten year for our oldest child. I could not have asked for a better experience. Her teacher was wonderful. It seems like the entire Kindergarten staff is great. Kindergarten has changed since I was in Kindergarten. They actually make them work and while challenging I know it will benefit my daughter in the future. We've enjoyed learning games as her homework which have made it fun. The school has had many activities that we have enjoyed as parents and with our whole family. I hope those who have issues are writing the principal and participating to make things better. Thank you Little River!

Posted May 18, 2015
We have been at LRE for 4 years with 1 in first grade and 1 in fourth grade. I could not be more please with this school! I am so surprised to see their rating. Yes it is a big school BUT I have a story to tell you: We transferred our fourth grader to a much smaller STEM school at the beginning of the year hoping he would benefit from the STEM curriculum. Big mistake! Yes, it was smaller but no where near the level of education at LRE (and they were a STEM school people). After 1 month we transferred back and wondered why we ever left. Never again. We have never had a teacher we didn't like. The very few times there have been issues they have been handled quickly and wonderfully by teachers, assistant principals or the principal himself. The front office staff is warm, friendly and remember details about parents, even when they don't see you everyday like some of the more involved volunteers. I can't say enough about how much we love this school! Woodstock is a booming and growing community and this school seems to be growing at an extreme rate. I worried at first but now I know this school can handle it.

Posted May 18, 2015
Love this school! Simply amazing. It's one giant family that supports each other no matter what!

Posted May 18, 2015
The large size was intimidating until I walked in the doors. LRE is a family and the teachers and staff genuinely care about the students.

Posted May 18, 2015
Love, love our Little River Family! I couldn't be happier with our experience with Little River over the past 5 years. The staff is like our family and the feeling you get when you walk through the doors is very loving and welcoming.

Posted April 17, 2015
Very supportive teachers. Focus on Science, maths and Social studies. My 3rd Grader loved the school.I would recommend this school

Little River Elementary School
3170 Trickum Rd, Woodstock, GA  30188
Last modified Little River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Little River Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top