1. Point to alphabet letters and say their names. Mix the letters and say their names.
2. Look for letters wherever you go. Examples: signs, cereal boxes, book covers.
3. Look at letters, say the letter name, say the letter sound, then say a word that begins with that sound.
4. Make flash cards. Play letter games such as Memory or Go Fish with letters or sounds, and when you find a match say a word that begins with that matched sound. Play Tic-Tac-Toe using letters other than X and O.
5. Go on a letter hunt. Write a letter on top of a sheet of paper, like b. Look for all of the words of objects around the house that begin with that letter or sound. Draw pictures or write words.