PK-6 & Ungraded
Aiea, HI

Gustav H Webling Elementary School 2

Posted June 22, 2014
Webling was a wonderful school until the principal came a few years ago. Since she came scores and morale have gone down. One of the favorite teachers was pushed out while mediocre ones are kept.

Posted April 23, 2013
This is a hidden gem in the public schools. The campus is beautifully maintained, kids are active in a multitude of activities and the vast majority of teachers are excellent. This year my daughter won the luck of the draw and was placed in a teacher's room new to the school. We were not sure what to expect since the teacher was a former private school teacher. All I can say is we are thrilled! This is the best year for my daughter. We are blessed to have her teacher as the instructor.Great projects, high level interest by all the kids. The kids are not wanting the year to attend. I do feel bad for the kids that got the other 6th grade new teacher, she is new to the island so maybe that explains why she cannot connect with kids and parents. Everyone knows which teacher is the good one, do not be afraid to ask for the one you want.

Gustav H Webling Elementary School 4

Posted February 18, 2013
My daughter has gone to Webling for 4 years and we are a military family. I see the principal and counselors at carline every day which is important to me. The teachers have gone beyond my expectations for overnight field trips - 3rd grade PCC, 4th grade Missouri, 6th grade Big Island. The principal also participates on field trips and kids are so happy to see her/ she talks to everyone of them. The PTO does need additional volunteers, but parents to volunteer for field day, book fair, jump rope for heart, and field trips. The teachers are available for conferences when needed. Webling has been a very good school for us. None of the public schools in Hawaii are going to have facilities of mainland schools, but the teachers work hard to cover those subjects. The do have music, art, PE, science, but in their home classroom or outside not in separate designated music room or science lab...I do recommend Webling.

Gustav H Webling Elementary School 1

Posted August 28, 2012
My son went to Kindergarten atWebling in 2011 and begged me not to take him to the school. At first I thought it was a temper tantrum. Later I found out that there were issues. First, our child was put in a class with mental-health related children. A thin line of bullying (by children with mental issues--hitting, biting, kicking, punching) was formed and teachers would ignored till parents found out. His Kindergarten teacher used unfriendly tone of voice in class when she lost her groove. At one point , she made my child called home when he misbehaved during the first month. A school counselor observed the teacher's behavior in several occasions involved her disciplinary method in class. She admitted if she were the teacher, she would use another method of disciplinary. The front desk at Admin Office can't help you that much when you walked in. Last, more than 50% of students failed in Math and reading 3 years in a roll. It is very sad that this school lost its great quality.

Posted May 07, 2010

Gustav H Webling Elementary School 0

Posted March 25, 2010
I have 3 children at Webling and each of their teachers is great. Communication between home and school is easy and they have exciting positive reenforcements in place for good behavior. One of my children has mental health issues and struggles socially as well. I am very happy with the services they provide and the quality of the counselling staff. Between home, the teachers, and the support staff, my child is learning how to cope and improve. I am also very happy with the administration staff as they are very willing to support their students and parents in reaching their goals.

Gustav H Webling Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2009
My two children have gone to Webling since Kindergarten. My opinion is more neutral if anything. While my kids have had excellent teachers they ve also had ones that I think should get into another line of work. The only positive thing I feel has come out of my kids years at Webling is the motivation for me to work harder and make sacrifices to put them into the private school system. It s eye opening how many kids of public school teachers are going to private school....just take a drive through the parking lot at Webling and you ll see Kamehameha stickers as well as a handful of another private school stickers. If public school teachers don t have the confidence in the system...why should I?

Gustav H Webling Elementary School 0

Posted July 12, 2008
My daughter has attended Webling since kindergarten and for the most part I've been pleased with her progress. She has had very good teachers. Her first grade teacher kept the learning to a high degree and connected the learning together that helped with developing better understanding. Fourth grade was an exceptional year with their focus on hawaiian studies These teachers did a superb job and what the children learned came together in a field trip to the Polynesian Cultural Center, overnight stay at the Turtle Bay Hotel and a field day of old Hawaiian games. I feel confident that my daughter is safe and secure and will continue to learn at this school.

Posted April 01, 2007
Webling is a great school. We live in another school district but had our children GE (geograpical Exception) into Webling. Our neighbor had her kids going there,so we went and checked it out. It also has a good playgound for all grades.The teachers are friendly & helpful& the staff is friendly& knows what is going on. if you have any contact whatsoever with them they will remember you. The school has great field trips our children love and our one son who started in kinder there loves it very much. our other son started in 4th grade and loves it he is in 5th now. He enjoys that he can be on Jpo. they also have family activities throughout the year that is nice ie: movie night,etc. The teacher's we have had are awesome they even offered to help after school if needed with homework while dad was gone.

Gustav H Webling Elementary School 4

Posted January 02, 2007
We are a military family and selected the location of our on post housing to have our children at Webling Elementary. We have been very happy with school academic achievements and the support of the school through a recent deployment. There are many experienced teachers and a safe campus which much community support. I have served on the PTO for 3 years and have had a great experience. I highly recommend Webling.

Gustav H Webling Elementary School
99370 Paihi St, Aiea, HI  96701
Last modified Gustav H Webling Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gustav H Webling Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top