Pearl Ridge Elementary School 1

Posted March 09, 2012
Yes, emphasis on scolastics is rigorous, but at what cost? My daughter attended Pearl Ridge from K through mid-5th grade, and she's still damaged by the treatment she received in 3rd (being yelled at & humiliated when assignments weren't completed), 4th (the entire year was horrendous and her teacher should not be in charge of young children), and 5th (marginalized and ignored). She had outstanding 1st & 2nd grade teachers, but once No Child Left Behind was implemented everything turned ugly. Not only was she bullied in class (I had to scare her 4th grade teacher into stopping the humiliation), my daughter was shunned by the other girls once she was placed in the GATE program. A girl who had previously been her best friend became envious and turned all the other little girls against my daughter. I documented many incidents and met with the school principal, the school counselor, teachers, after-school staff -- anyone in authority who could have intervened but ultimately nothing was done. My daughter is 13 now and an honor student who plays 2 instruments and just applied to a fine arts high school. But unfortunately she's still damaged by the experience.

Posted September 14, 2010
Excellent school. The three teachers that my child has had thus far are all excellent educators as well as role models. I take a very active role in my childs educational progress, and try to observe what he is learning on a daily basis. It never ceases to amaze me, how much he learns each day at PRE. The curriculm is challenging, as it should be to grow a young mind. The PTO here is awesome as well. Much of a childs academic failure falls on the shoulders of parents not teachers. As for the Principal and the V.P.? Any concern that I've ever had was dealt with right away and in a professional manner, and the office clerks are on the ball.

Pearl Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2010
I agree with the previous post. How did the Principal help your child get accepted to a private school? She needs to learn a few lessons from the teachers! The teachers are the ones who deserved this recognition. The administration should thank the teachers for doing such an outstanding job! Without the teachers, there is nothing special about Pearl Ridge. Thank you PRE teachers for always going beyond your call of duty for the kids. Your superb job is much appreciated!

Pearl Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2010
Your kids got into Private school thanks to the Principal????? Thanks to the current Principal or the previous one? I will agree 110% your kids got into private school thanks to the TEACHERS! but THIS Principal? The teachers are excellent with the students! They are just awesome, but the Principal? I agree with the previous post: "family oriented atmosphere" is sadly a thing of the past"! This is sooooooooooooo true!

Posted August 03, 2010
What a personal attack on the Principal. If the person had a clue they would realize that it was not a career trajectory she is focused on but that she is concerned with the students and staff. If she was concerned about a career trajectory she would be at an Intermediate, Middle or High School. Get a grip. My kids got into a Private School thanks to the Principal and Pearl Ridge teachers. If you don't like it you should move your kids out.

Pearl Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted July 27, 2010
The principal at this school is a politician, pure and simple. Her focus is on her career trajectory and not on the students and staff.

Pearl Ridge Elementary School 3

Posted June 19, 2010
Pearl Ridge Elementary is definitely over-rated! Academics is sub-par, not excellent as it once was. The caring, skilled teachers and staff have either retired or moved away. Our children are left with "employees" that are simply there to get a pay check....how nurturing is that? The GENUINE friendliness, support and so called "family oriented atmosphere" is sadly a thing of the past. For those of you who may be thinking of a GE to this school....forget it, you're better off somewhere else! Oh and a heads up to the gossiping staff member & teachers (you know who you are)....your degrading insulting attacks should be done in your own office/classroom.....those of us standing outside the window can hear every word...shame on you...AUWE!

Posted January 28, 2010
We love this school. Our son is doing so well here. Friends have always said that we were fortunate to have purchased our home in the PearlRidge Elem. disrict. Now we know why. The teachers and staff are all awesome. From the extra push that the kids are given by the teachers, to the warm greetings from the office staff and administators in the morning, I can not imagine my kids going anywhere else. This is a school that truly cares.

Pearl Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
This school really cares about its students. All issues are dealt with immediately. Additional programs are offered for enrichment. It's a very friendly environment.

Posted May 26, 2009

Pearl Ridge Elementary School
98940 Moanalua Rd, Aiea, HI  96701
Last modified Pearl Ridge Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pearl Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top