PK-6 & Ungraded
Aiea, HI

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
When problems or concerns are presented it is stalled with many excuses and no solutions. Perhaps spending quality time improving or addressing issues may help to solve concerns.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 14, 2015
Children are left unattended in classrooms posing potential risk to child's safety.-bought this concern to the principal's attention her reply "we are short staffed". My child was missing from class for fifteen minutes the teacher called asking if she should alert the police! The academic structure is at least two to three years behind the national average. I am looking desperately looking for a better public school... They don't care!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 14, 2015
What homework and if there is homework very little and at least two to three years behind in academics.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
The academic structure is poor due to the lack of dedication or passion to teach students. Students show very little motivation if any and seem to feel what little they learn is sufficient.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
No, most of the students are unruly and lack discipline most likely resulting from their home environment the school is slow to address social issues or teach students proper social skills.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
They don't care to address any issues or concerns. Nor do they show any compassion, empathy it seems to be a problem not worth addressing.

Aiea Elementary School 1

Posted July 14, 2015
Teacher's, staff and administration lack school spirit. The academic structure is below the national average validated by poor test scores. Children are left unattended in classrooms-when questioning the principal her reply " we are short staffed". There are no advanced classes for math, science or cultural programs. My gc struggles every day just to survive in school, he is constantly being bullied. Working with school officials that don't care is difficult. We are looking to other options to place my gs in a safe, nurturing and healthy environment. The majority of the students are from low income which may explain a lot. With those stats wouldn't it be urgent for the school to provide better educational and social support?

Aiea Elementary School 5

Posted April 14, 2014
My kids love this school and hate to move. We are a military family but local born in Hawaii from the outer islands. As a parent, I had no issues with the staff. The teachers ensured they kept my kids challenged and recognized additional opportunities for all three of them. My son attended from K-6, my other son K-1, and my only daughter K. All three had the same K teacher. Although we moved from Aiea to Pearl City, we still had our kids attend Aiea Elementary. No complaints and bottom line, they grew academically and the kids loved it. We have moved again and unfortunately the commute will override next year's enrollment. The staff is still helpful with us finding a good school for the kids. As a parent that's all we ask.

99370 Moanalua Rd, Aiea, HI  96701
Last modified Aiea Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aiea Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top