Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school bends over backwards to accommodate all students no matter their background or living situations. The teachers are very helpful and the school not only teaches the students but puts forth an effort to educate and help the families of those students. My child loves it here and I am glad I didn't listen to the one parent who obviously wrote all those other reviews. P.S. they are ahead of others schools in the use of technology in the classroom.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The councilor is always checking on things at home, sending things home about tribes and other things about showing respect for others...they push this out to the kids and it's great.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They let me know how my child is doing and invite me to check in with them at anytime. My child has his own chromebook and loves going to school now

My child and I love this school. When school started I spoke with counselor about my child's issues and within 2 days they had address them, tested him and made a plan along with teacher to help. His homeroom teacher emails me whenever my son needs a little extra help at home and the principal knows all my family members by name. Overall the staff is very ohana oriented, helpful, resourceful and respectful.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

When problems or concerns are presented it is stalled with many excuses and no solutions. Perhaps spending quality time improving or addressing issues may help to solve concerns.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Children are left unattended in classrooms posing potential risk to child's safety.-bought this concern to the principal's attention her reply "we are short staffed". My child was missing from class for fifteen minutes the teacher called asking if she should alert the police! The academic structure is at least two to three years behind the national average. I am looking desperately looking for a better public school... They don't care!

Amount of homework: Disagree

What homework and if there is homework very little and at least two to three years behind in academics.

Teacher's, staff and administration lack school spirit. The academic structure is below the national average validated by poor test scores. Children are left unattended in classrooms-when questioning the principal her reply " we are short staffed". There are no advanced classes for math, science or cultural programs. My gc struggles every day just to survive in school, he is constantly being bullied. Working with school officials that don't care is difficult. We are looking to other options to place my gs in a safe, nurturing and healthy environment. The majority of the students are from low income which may explain a lot. With those stats wouldn't it be urgent for the school to provide better educational and social support?

My kids love this school and hate to move. We are a military family but local born in Hawaii from the outer islands. As a parent, I had no issues with the staff. The teachers ensured they kept my kids challenged and recognized additional opportunities for all three of them. My son attended from K-6, my other son K-1, and my only daughter K. All three had the same K teacher. Although we moved from Aiea to Pearl City, we still had our kids attend Aiea Elementary. No complaints and bottom line, they grew academically and the kids loved it. We have moved again and unfortunately the commute will override next year's enrollment. The staff is still helpful with us finding a good school for the kids. As a parent that's all we ask.

Last modified Aiea Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.