No rating

St Elizabeth Elementary School

Private | K-8

Living in Aiea

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $335,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,810.

Posted May 21, 2014

My daughter is in kindergarten. Ms. Leong is amazing. My daughter can get up in front of a crowd an speak. At first I thought that public speaking was a little advanced for kindergarteners, but she has improved so much over the course of a year. They are able to tell time on an analog clock, count money, read books and write paragraphs! If that isn't impressive for a 5 year old, I don't know what is! Money well spent!

Posted March 16, 2012

My daughter is in her 2nd year, 1st grade, here and she is far surpassing other children that I know who are enrolled in the 2nd grade in public schools. The work seems amazingly difficult to me (for her grade level) but she always rises to the challenge! I don't think she would be doing or trying to achieve as much if she were not challenged. The teachers reinforce parental involvement and the availability of the faculty is stellar. I feel blessed to be able to send my daughter to SES and will do my best to scrape together the money needed to continue to do so. I feel it is wonderful that they implement a "big buddy" system to help the younger kids form relationships with the older kids. I feel it helps to foster the "family" feel of the school as does the small school population.

Posted February 6, 2009

horible school, including teachers and staff

Posted September 16, 2008

If you are a military family just transferring here then I will be the one you can relate to. All the rumors of the local kids not accepting outsiders is applicable right here at this school. You can bring these problems up to the principal until you are blue in the face but the fact that she keeps her head buried in the sand does not resolve matters. They have a wonderful Priest who is very receptive to all comments and I strongly urge you to go to him should there be a problem as I can guarantee the principal will not have addressed it. The Teacher in Kindergarten is outstanding ad so are the upper grade 7th & 8th. My poor review is not so much based on the curriculum as it is the bullying that is tolerated in this school by the principal. No back bone what-so-ever.

Posted July 31, 2007

I have been a parent with this school for the last 16 years. I really love the fact that my child(ren) are safe and cared for. The academic curriculum really challenges the students, and the teachers are truly concerned that the children learn. I have to admit that I wish I could be more involved as I am sure other parents wish, too; but even with many parents unable to really be involved, the parents that are able to make a huge difference in the quality of the school. I recommend SES to my friends who are looking for a school that reinforces all the values that I grew up with as a Catholic.

Posted May 19, 2007

I am a current student here at St. Elizabeth and in less than a week, I will be graduating. As I reflect on the past year, I have to say that I truly enjoyed my time here at SES. You may hear bad things about this school, being that it is somewhat strict and there is a lot of teasing that goes around, but in the end- we were a community. The teachers have faith in you and believe in you, when you don't believe in yourself. They go out of their way to help you academically. Socially, the school is very small, so everyone knows everyone else and we get along just fine.The parents are considered 'aunties' and 'uncles.' All in all, I believe that SES is a great school to attend and that we are all a community.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 3, 2006

I thought that the academics were great until I got back to the mainland and my child who was excelling at SES is now struggling in a public school.

Posted May 1, 2006

This school cares more about its teachers than the kids. My child was physically reprimanded and when I brought it to the Administrations attention I was told that maybe my child needs to pay more attention. I could not get my child out of their fast enough. Academics are great by not if you child is too scared to attend class.

Posted January 31, 2005

Academics are definitely first, if the grades are not met the students are not allowed to play sports or participate in any of the other extracurricular activities. Teachers have a real interest and concern for the children.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 42% 34%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Honolulu

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

99-310 Moanalua Road