PK-5 & Ungraded
Captain Cook, HI

Honaunau Elementary School 5

Posted May 13, 2012
Excellent school, great teachers and administrators. I couldn't be happier sending our first grader there. To the parent who criticized the school for relatively poor performance on standardized test scores, fooey. In early years, provided basics are learned (and I know they are) the development of attitude toward the learning/growing experience is of far greater importance. If a parent feels his/her child is not learning enough, the parent should shoulder the responsibility of teaching the child more at home.

Honaunau Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2010
The school is small with attention to individual students needs. The teachers seem to recognize strengths and weaknesses and address them in the right manner. Because the school as a whole is diverse in ethnicity, the children respect each other and learn from it. The teachers all network and share ideas and are on the same page. The small class size is ideal for small groupings of level instruction.

Honaunau Elementary School 2

Posted September 07, 2005
I am unhappy with the scores compared to other schools close to our district. Everytime I mention this to the principal, she replys that it is the income status of the parents. Meaning this is a lower income area.(we purchased our home for over 600,000. thats not low income to me) I don't feel this is the complete reason. instead of making a big deal every month over safty, sharing, disipline, ect.. lets make a big deal of the academic achievers and other students might follow. Where did the honor roll go?

Honaunau Elementary School
83-5360 Mamalahoa Hwy, Captain Cook, HI  96704
Last modified Honaunau Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Honaunau Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top